KPMG US

Updated Mar 7, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, talked to a recruiter. Then, sent an application. Next, had a phone interview with a principal in the practice I was interviewing for. Finally, they flew me out to Atlanta for a 2 day interview process. The first day was an informal meet and greet, followed by a dinner with employees. Next day was a morning seminar, ending with 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Question – How will your degree from college help you in our practice?   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – An email was sent to confirm the on-campus interview.
After selecting a date, a notice for pre-interview dinner event came up.
Many interviewers and greeters did show up but my interviewer did not.
Next day, an on-campus interview was held.
The interviewer was a Director. He just went through my resume from top to the bottom and asked very general behavioral interview questions.
Questions on my major and industry, and added his explanation about the industry as I hesitated a little.
After a week, an email was sent that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Question – What is your opinion about technology? (was quite vague)   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted via e-mail after online app. Was invited to office and interviewed with directors.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple levels of interview. Predominantly case interviews in one-on-one as well as panel format. Case problem provided. Problem structuring, detailed analysis and strong conclusions expected. Some degree of guidance provided. Articulation key to success. Some degree of sector knowledge expected but not key. Core consulting skills are the focus of the evaluation exercise.

Interview Question – How would you help a leading retailer improve profitability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2009.

Interview Details – My interview process was split up into 2 days - group work and skills test on one day, and the partner presentation the following day. Group interview was not too difficult, we had to analyse the case and provide our solution. Basically, the company wanted to see that we can work in group, how we organise the discussion etc.. Skills test was on the computer - and given a limited time to complete the task I felt under a lot of time pressure. Partner interview felt relatively comfortable, the partner was quite laid-back and friendly. I got a rejection in the end - and according to the feedback I haven't performed well on the computer-based test.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!