KPMG US

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I had attended recruiting events prior to applying at KPMG. I also participated in a summer leadership program that met a few times over the summer in a group of roughly 30+ other college students.

I interviewed in the early fall subsequent to the summer leadership development program. My best guess is that while I was having fun mingling with the other students, this was also a time when recruiters and members of Management observed participants as potential hires. I had also met with KPMG subsequent to the leadership program during on campus events / invites through on-campus recruiting.

During the actual interview I met with 3-4 individuals, at least one partner and 2 directors. I had already met some of these people previously so we mostly talked about random topics and caught up on prior conversations we had. The interviewer I hadn't previously met asked me standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., your strengths / weaknesses, etc.

My advice is be yourself, don't be a jerk (general rule to follow in life) to your fellow students or folks that work at KPMG and other people you encounter along the way, show that you can work in teams, that you're likable, can be a leader but can also be effective at following. They're big on doing business right and hiring the right people that fit that culture.

Interview Question – Why accounting? I had other things on my resume on one point that might have been less tailored to accounting/ audit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation since I was fresh out of college and there were many other candidates with very similar backgrounds. This is likely much different at the experienced level.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Interview Question – No curve ball questions in the least.   Answer Question

Oxford, MS

Interview Details – Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Question – Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Applied through school

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you have faced   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Go through resume and behavior questions.

Interview Question – Why KPMG? Why audit? Leadership. Conflict.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Why did you pick KPMG?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Interview Details – Two part interview process. First, was on campus with an audit partner. He asked three standard interview questions and then we talked about traveling and trashy reality TV. The second part, I was brought in to the office for a full day of activities (which were to see how you interacted with others, if you were a leader/follower, someone that the firm would like to work with, etc.), a fancy lunch, and two more shorter interviews with different managers and partners of the firm. The interviews were all very smooth and the interviewers made the atmosphere calm and easy going.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. No curveballs or stumpers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. KPMG has a salary matrix and that is what you will get if you accept the offer.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2012.

Interview Details – 2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Interview Question – tell us three bad qualities about yourself   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR manager. It went really well. Went to office interview with the partner and Senior Manager, after 10-20 days, they told me that they are not pursuing my candidacy. Really loved the culture and environment.

Interview Question – Regular questions   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!