KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.7

113 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

So they took a really long time to get back to me, and they are known for keeping their maybes waiting for a long time. The pre-interview night was a lot of fun, but the person who interviewed me gave me a strong impression that it was a no within 30 seconds.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was that they commented about my GPA and looked extremely displeased. If that is the case for anyone interviewing with them, be sure to emphasize your other strong points.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

I had attended recruiting events prior to applying at KPMG. I also participated in a summer leadership program that met a few times over the summer in a group of roughly 30+ other college students.

I interviewed in the early fall subsequent to the summer leadership development program. My best guess is that while I was having fun mingling with the other students, this was also a time when recruiters and members of Management observed participants as potential hires. I had also met with KPMG subsequent to the leadership program during on campus events / invites through on-campus recruiting.

During the actual interview I met with 3-4 individuals, at least one partner and 2 directors. I had already met some of these people previously so we mostly talked about random topics and caught up on prior conversations we had. The interviewer I hadn't previously met asked me standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., your strengths / weaknesses, etc.

My advice is be yourself, don't be a jerk (general rule to follow in life) to your fellow students or folks that work at KPMG and other people you encounter along the way, show that you can work in teams, that you're likable, can be a leader but can also be effective at following. They're big on doing business right and hiring the right people that fit that culture.

Interview Questions
    • Why accounting? I had other things on my resume on one point that might have been less tailored to accounting/ audit.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation since I was fresh out of college and there were many other candidates with very similar backgrounds. This is likely much different at the experienced level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through school

Audit Associate Interview

A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Go through resume and behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Two part interview process. First, was on campus with an audit partner. He asked three standard interview questions and then we talked about traveling and trashy reality TV. The second part, I was brought in to the office for a full day of activities (which were to see how you interacted with others, if you were a leader/follower, someone that the firm would like to work with, etc.), a fancy lunch, and two more shorter interviews with different managers and partners of the firm. The interviews were all very smooth and the interviewers made the atmosphere calm and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. No curveballs or stumpers.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. KPMG has a salary matrix and that is what you will get if you accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2012.

2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!