KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.7

124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I got in for 1st round campus interview, second round be invited office visit. both should be behavioral and conversational. The interviewers will be senior managers. They will be taking notes of your answers.

Interview Questions
  • Your teammates decide to go one direction but you prefer the opposite. What would you do?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through my local University. However my university recruits heavily and are a BIG 4 magnet. In my honest opinion you should always try to go to all info sessions and socials so that you can network. As a transfer to a top 25 uni and top 5 accounting program i only regret not networking. My gap was not bad 3.5 but if i networked life would have been SOOOO much easier during the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

Got better offer at mid tear

Audit Associate Interview

The interview process lasts about 1.5 months. There are two rounds. The first round is on campus interview, and the second round is on site interview. Before the interview, there is a social night, that interviewers, greeters, and interviewees are all coming to network. The interview is behavioral and conversational. No surprising questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Second round was an office visit where I interviewed with 3 people that were a mix of audit and tax. The remainder of the visit consisted of a presentation, office tour, and lunch.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through campus event. Interviewer is senior manager. First a few background question, including graduate time, driver license. Then go through my resume, ask what I have done on last job, all conversation style. No behavior question. And he left about 10 minutes for asking him questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I did an on campus interview with one of the local office's senior partners. Pretty basic behavioral interview. It carried more of a conversational feel than a true interview. The interviewer was very nice and informative, providing me information on relocation and the hiring process. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge that you have overcome either through work experience or education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Applied through KPMG website heard back from 2 weeks after the submission
    Got the phone interview and 3 days later invited to office interview
    Office interview consists of 3 stages
    HR interview, Partner interview, last interview with 3 managers

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class and why?
      Could you explain what you've learned from that class?
        Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Office interview - first interview after resume scanning round. 30 mins interview. Interviewed with a partner for the audit position. No behavioral questions. Focused mainly on working experience on my resume for about 20 mins. Then it was Q&A. The guy seemed to have a busy day and just wanted to finish the interview as soon as possible (or I couldn't raise his interest). I did not think I preform too well either.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I was selected to the first round interview with KPMG on campus. It last about 30 mins. All are behavioral questions. And interviewer left a long time for me to ask him questions. So prepare at least 5 questions to ask. Within a week, I got the second round interview invitation.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied through campus and got selected for an interview. The interview was very basic and I was not asked any behavioral type questions. Mostly why I want to go into public accounting and why I wanted to work for KPMG. They also asked why I chose to be an accounting major.