KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2008.

Interview

Step 1-English and Math test Step 2- Case study&1:1interview with managers Step 3- Interview with Partner

Interview Questions

• If there are 3 managers ask you to finish 3 tasks with 3 different deadline, how do you handle them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (McLean, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

KPMG is very nice, they have a get together for all those that are going to be interviewing and they let you ask questions and get familiar with the company. They look for many things, not just grades and the way they choose who to give offers to sometimes makes no sense. If you get along very well with your interviewer then you are most likely to get called back for a 2nd interview but if not do not hold your breath.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group and someone in the group didn't do their part...   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2010.

Interview

At the beginning of November, I applied for KPMG LLP Audit Associate by online submission. After two weeks, I got a phone interview suggestion. The phone interview last 35 minutes. After two weeks from that phone interview, I got an offer for an on-site interview. At the beginning of Dec, I visited the office and met several people such as Senior manager, Partners. I had an interview with 5 people for almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What the most difficult situation you have experienced related to ethical issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I had an one on one interview, and a group interview with the employers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work ethic issue you had and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (New Delhi (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

The first round was taken by a panel which consited of Senior manager (technical) and HR Manager. The HR Manager asked questions related to Salary and Notice period and a brief of my professional experiience. The technical manager asked questions related to my audit experience. Then he asked technical questions relating to accounting standards and company law matters in detail.

Interview Questions

• Accounting treatment of asset retirement obligation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (McLean, VA).

Interview

Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them. Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables. Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions

• There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through on-campus recruitment. I went to the career fair and got invitation for first round bs interview. I had a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. The interviewer is friendly and basically ask about the resume and ask which part of auditing you are interested in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through KPMG website heard back from 2 weeks after the submission Got the phone interview and 3 days later invited to office interview Office interview consists of 3 stages HR interview, Partner interview, last interview with 3 managers

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class and why? Could you explain what you've learned from that class?   Answer Question