KPMG US

Updated Aug 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2008.

Interview Details – Step 1-English and Math test
Step 2- Case study&1:1interview with managers
Step 3- Interview with Partner

Interview Question – If there are 3 managers ask you to finish 3 tasks with 3 different deadline, how do you handle them?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2010.

Interview Details – At the beginning of November, I applied for KPMG LLP Audit Associate by online submission. After two weeks, I got a phone interview suggestion. The phone interview last 35 minutes. After two weeks from that phone interview, I got an offer for an on-site interview. At the beginning of Dec, I visited the office and met several people such as Senior manager, Partners. I had an interview with 5 people for almost 3 hours.

Interview Question – What the most difficult situation you have experienced related to ethical issue?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had an one on one interview, and a group interview with the employers.

Interview Question – Describe a work ethic issue you had and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Interview Details – KPMG is very nice, they have a get together for all those that are going to be interviewing and they let you ask questions and get familiar with the company. They look for many things, not just grades and the way they choose who to give offers to sometimes makes no sense. If you get along very well with your interviewer then you are most likely to get called back for a 2nd interview but if not do not hold your breath.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked in a group and someone in the group didn't do their part...   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2010.

Interview Details – The first round was taken by a panel which consited of Senior manager (technical) and HR Manager. The HR Manager asked questions related to Salary and Notice period and a brief of my professional experiience. The technical manager asked questions related to my audit experience. Then he asked technical questions relating to accounting standards and company law matters in detail.

Interview Question – Accounting treatment of asset retirement obligation.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Interview Question – Explain goodwill   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Why did you pick KPMG?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online tests, interview

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2010.

Interview Details – Assessment centre prepared byHR specialists and observed by specialists and managers from the company. Test of English and test of German. General intelligence testing. Interview with managers and partners.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Positive experience. Asked some specific questions about my resume as well as the traditional questions such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group" or "If we were to hire you, what you specifically bring to the group?"

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!