KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied to a summer internship position and got a full-time position after completed the summer internship. Interview process described below is the one that I passed for the internship position.

1. HR Manager interview: questions regarding things that I spent a lot of time in college (study, part-time job etc.), why I study in my college, and stuff that I put in my resume
2. Audit Manager Interview: Why audit, Why KPMG, Why Chicago, US CPA, etc and question time
3. National Practice Head interview: Why audit, Why KPMG US, some ethical question, and question time
4. Office visit - i). Audit Sr. Manager Interview ii). Audit Practice Partner interview - questions are basically same as above
5. Full-time position offer after successful completion of the summer internship

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two round interviews. First one with audit manager. Not very hard but depends on whether the manager likes you or not. We shared common hobbies so I passed the first round. Second round is with two partners. They mainly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why auditing? Why KPMG?
      What is the most difficult time in your life?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter after submitting a resume. I was offered an interview on campus, and after making it past the first round I was invited to fly out to tour the office and I was interviewed by two of the managing partners there. The firm was very professional, and the interview process was organized in such a way that I knew what was going on. I have also interviewed with other accounting firms with similar results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process is just like any other places. It's a template process. Recruiter sounded nice and welcoming. The manger and seniors were all so happy to see you during the interviews. They will treat you to lunch and make you feel you want to work with them. During lunch, you will think, "these people are so happy and encouraging, I can't wait to start my workday here with KPMG!!"

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at my university. I received an email two days later inviting me in for an interview and office visit. I interviewed with an Audit Manager and two partners. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was a great experience overall!

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was held on campus.There was a dinner the day before the second round interview. It was pretty casual and I was sitting by an audit partner and a senior associate. The next day I was interviewed by another audit partner and a manager. They only asked about 2 or 3 questions and the rest of them were just chatting and getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the leadership role you have taken.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them.

Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp

They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables.

Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions

• There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Campus interview was very conversational and almost there was no behavioural questions. Only question I remember from the first interview was "tell me about yourself". There were many questions regarding my resume and hobbies. After some time, it became a chat about our travels. 1 month later I was invited to office visit. I was interviewed by 2 manager. Both were great people and again, all questions came from my resume. It was again very conversational. For whole interview process, you should prepare many intelligent questions to ask. It really makes huge difference and determine the direction of the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Had phone interview with hr then brought in met with a managing director. After managing director met with a partner. Overall not a very hard experience the staff was very easy to talk to and seemed very interested in those with whom they interviewed and how the company could benefit possible employees

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary for an interview. Very basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through on-campus recruitment.

I went to the career fair and got invitation for first round bs interview. I had a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. The interviewer is friendly and basically ask about the resume and ask which part of auditing you are interested in.