KPMG US

Average Difficulty
111 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Interview Question – Explain goodwill   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Positive experience. Asked some specific questions about my resume as well as the traditional questions such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group" or "If we were to hire you, what you specifically bring to the group?"

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – I initially met KPMG associates at the on-campus career fair for accounting students. Afterwards they had several socials and dinners. About a month later they held on-campus interviews followed with in-office interviews (aka office visits).

Interview Question – How do you go about telling someone, whether at work or in a group project, that they are incorrect?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I felt like the people were very boring. I know this sounds like a strange answer, but at the socials and in the interviews I just never "clicked" with their professionals.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with 3 Korean practice managers from LA, NY, and ATL offices. Was asked questions for 30 minutes. Conducted in Korean. Very unresponsive and almost argumentative to answers. Asked many behavioral Q related to Korean cultural business norms.

Interview Question – What would you do if your superior told you to do something that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – After applying through my university, I was contacted for a first round interview. It was your typical 30 minute, 1 on 1 interview. Out of all my first round interviews, this was undoubtedly my least favorite one. The interviewer seemed to be trying to stay awake and the conversation was very one-sided. The interviewer asked a lot of standard questions and I definitely did not feel a connection between us as the minutes dwindled on. I could tell that the interviewer was not very interested in me or my story.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had difficulties with a fellow team member and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went through campus interviews which also required that you apply online. Interview was behavior based. Was called back for 2nd interview at KPMG office. The staff was great and very friendly and helpful. There were two interviews at the office as well as panel discussion and a candidate group interview with two of the partners..

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Interview was difficult, process was expedited.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – I had a 30-min on-campus interview with a senior manager. It was a very typical interview. First walked through the resume, and then she basically asked behavioral questions. Lots of the questions were related to teamwork.

Interview Question – Tell me your worst team experience and what you wish you could have done.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Question – Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I had on campus interview, Dinner, in office interview and spent a day with the team

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question