KPMG US

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through campus event. Interviewer is senior manager. First a few background question, including graduate time, driver license. Then go through my resume, ask what I have done on last job, all conversation style. No behavior question. And he left about 10 minutes for asking him questions.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Associate Interview

I did an on campus interview with one of the local office's senior partners. Pretty basic behavioral interview. It carried more of a conversational feel than a true interview. The interviewer was very nice and informative, providing me information on relocation and the hiring process. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge that you have overcome either through work experience or education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Applied through KPMG website heard back from 2 weeks after the submission
    Got the phone interview and 3 days later invited to office interview
    Office interview consists of 3 stages
    HR interview, Partner interview, last interview with 3 managers

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class and why?
      Could you explain what you've learned from that class?

Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Office interview - first interview after resume scanning round. 30 mins interview. Interviewed with a partner for the audit position. No behavioral questions. Focused mainly on working experience on my resume for about 20 mins. Then it was Q&A. The guy seemed to have a busy day and just wanted to finish the interview as soon as possible (or I couldn't raise his interest). I did not think I preform too well either.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I was selected to the first round interview with KPMG on campus. It last about 30 mins. All are behavioral questions. And interviewer left a long time for me to ask him questions. So prepare at least 5 questions to ask. Within a week, I got the second round interview invitation.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

The first interview was held on campus.There was a dinner the day before the second round interview. It was pretty casual and I was sitting by an audit partner and a senior associate. The next day I was interviewed by another audit partner and a manager. They only asked about 2 or 3 questions and the rest of them were just chatting and getting to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of the leadership role you have taken.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied through campus and got selected for an interview. The interview was very basic and I was not asked any behavioral type questions. Mostly why I want to go into public accounting and why I wanted to work for KPMG. They also asked why I chose to be an accounting major.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had attended recruiting events prior to applying at KPMG. I also participated in a summer leadership program that met a few times over the summer in a group of roughly 30+ other college students.

I interviewed in the early fall subsequent to the summer leadership development program. My best guess is that while I was having fun mingling with the other students, this was also a time when recruiters and members of Management observed participants as potential hires. I had also met with KPMG subsequent to the leadership program during on campus events / invites through on-campus recruiting.

During the actual interview I met with 3-4 individuals, at least one partner and 2 directors. I had already met some of these people previously so we mostly talked about random topics and caught up on prior conversations we had. The interviewer I hadn't previously met asked me standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., your strengths / weaknesses, etc.

My advice is be yourself, don't be a jerk (general rule to follow in life) to your fellow students or folks that work at KPMG and other people you encounter along the way, show that you can work in teams, that you're likable, can be a leader but can also be effective at following. They're big on doing business right and hiring the right people that fit that culture.

Interview Questions
    • Why accounting? I had other things on my resume on one point that might have been less tailored to accounting/ audit.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation since I was fresh out of college and there were many other candidates with very similar backgrounds. This is likely much different at the experienced level.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through school

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question