KPMG US

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.7

126 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied through campus and got selected for an interview. The interview was very basic and I was not asked any behavioral type questions. Mostly why I want to go into public accounting and why I wanted to work for KPMG. They also asked why I chose to be an accounting major.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had attended recruiting events prior to applying at KPMG. I also participated in a summer leadership program that met a few times over the summer in a group of roughly 30+ other college students.

I interviewed in the early fall subsequent to the summer leadership development program. My best guess is that while I was having fun mingling with the other students, this was also a time when recruiters and members of Management observed participants as potential hires. I had also met with KPMG subsequent to the leadership program during on campus events / invites through on-campus recruiting.

During the actual interview I met with 3-4 individuals, at least one partner and 2 directors. I had already met some of these people previously so we mostly talked about random topics and caught up on prior conversations we had. The interviewer I hadn't previously met asked me standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., your strengths / weaknesses, etc.

My advice is be yourself, don't be a jerk (general rule to follow in life) to your fellow students or folks that work at KPMG and other people you encounter along the way, show that you can work in teams, that you're likable, can be a leader but can also be effective at following. They're big on doing business right and hiring the right people that fit that culture.

Interview Questions
    • Why accounting? I had other things on my resume on one point that might have been less tailored to accounting/ audit.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation since I was fresh out of college and there were many other candidates with very similar backgrounds. This is likely much different at the experienced level.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Audit Associate Interview

A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Go through resume and behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

No negotiation.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Had a phone interview with HR manager. It went really well. Went to office interview with the partner and Senior Manager, after 10-20 days, they told me that they are not pursuing my candidacy. Really loved the culture and environment.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

After applying through my university, I was contacted for a first round interview. It was your typical 30 minute, 1 on 1 interview. Out of all my first round interviews, this was undoubtedly my least favorite one. The interviewer seemed to be trying to stay awake and the conversation was very one-sided. The interviewer asked a lot of standard questions and I definitely did not feel a connection between us as the minutes dwindled on. I could tell that the interviewer was not very interested in me or my story.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had difficulties with a fellow team member and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question