KPMG US

2.7

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

I initially met KPMG associates at the on-campus career fair for accounting students. Afterwards they had several socials and dinners. About a month later they held on-campus interviews followed with in-office interviews (aka office visits).

Interview Questions
  • How do you go about telling someone, whether at work or in a group project, that they are incorrect?   View Answer

I felt like the people were very boring. I know this sounds like a strange answer, but at the socials and in the interviews I just never "clicked" with their professionals.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

So they took a really long time to get back to me, and they are known for keeping their maybes waiting for a long time. The pre-interview night was a lot of fun, but the person who interviewed me gave me a strong impression that it was a no within 30 seconds.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was that they commented about my GPA and looked extremely displeased. If that is the case for anyone interviewing with them, be sure to emphasize your other strong points.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Went through my school's recruitment process and was interviewed by KPMG. The only contact I had with KPMG was in the interview. The process was quite smooth and although I did not get an offer I would say the over all experience was positive overall. the questions for the most part typical of any interview.

Interview Questions
    • How long would it take for a bowling ball to reach the bottom of the ocean?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had on campus interview, Dinner, in office interview and spent a day with the team

No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

It was the typical first round campus interview a person would expect. Dual interviewers welcomed me as I sat in a somewhat cramped room at my college's career center. They asked the normal questions like why I was interested in the position and the company. Went on to ask if I had any questions. Many open ended questions were asked by them as expected.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

2 interviews. The first one is all about you (your accomplishments) - Stand out! The 2nd one is a round of 3interviews (usually with one of the following: a partner, a senior manager, a manager or a senior associate). For the 2nd interview is all about consistency and giving substantial arguments that will make you stand out from the crowd.

Interview Questions
    No pull for negotiation since the firm pay market rate.

one writen test
    one group interview followed by one-on-one interview with a manager
    interview with a partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Questions
    • Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Applied through my school website, only needed my resume and got notified that I had received an interview. Had 1:1 interview on campus with a manager. There were also greeters (new hires from internship or last year recruiting) who helped us relax before our interview. Interview consisted of several behavioral questions back to back, not much room for conversations. Very difficult and challenging. But overall manager was great and easy to talk with and the people I met from the firm were great.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with difficult team member   Answer Question