KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

It was the typical first round campus interview a person would expect. Dual interviewers welcomed me as I sat in a somewhat cramped room at my college's career center. They asked the normal questions like why I was interested in the position and the company. Went on to ask if I had any questions. Many open ended questions were asked by them as expected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

2 interviews. The first one is all about you (your accomplishments) - Stand out! The 2nd one is a round of 3interviews (usually with one of the following: a partner, a senior manager, a manager or a senior associate). For the 2nd interview is all about consistency and giving substantial arguments that will make you stand out from the crowd.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest weakness.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No pull for negotiation since the firm pay market rate.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

one writen test one group interview followed by one-on-one interview with a manager interview with a partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Questions

• Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

Applied through my school website, only needed my resume and got notified that I had received an interview. Had 1:1 interview on campus with a manager. There were also greeters (new hires from internship or last year recruiting) who helped us relax before our interview. Interview consisted of several behavioral questions back to back, not much room for conversations. Very difficult and challenging. But overall manager was great and easy to talk with and the people I met from the firm were great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with difficult team member   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is very typical. For the first round, the interview last 30 minutes. It was an audit manager who interviewed me. She was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• She asked mostly behavioral questions like "tell me about a time that you felt really frustrated and how you dealt with it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. Not challenging-Asked behavior questions

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Hiring process consists of: - Test - Interview with a manager Overall impression: Interview was relaxing. Manager was kind and friendly, just answer their questions and don't screw up, should be okay. KPMG has a beautiful office, and its people are really professional.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in May 2012.

Interview

On campus recruiting and interviews is how it normally starts. The second round is the office visits and interviews. Then they will take you to lunch with a group of associates, seniors, managers. They normally give officers at the office visit.

Interview Questions

• Not too difficult of a process. Just make sure that you can answer common questions like describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2-3 interviews. process takes two days