KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter after submitting a resume. I was offered an interview on campus, and after making it past the first round I was invited to fly out to tour the office and I was interviewed by two of the managing partners there. The firm was very professional, and the interview process was organized in such a way that I knew what was going on. I have also interviewed with other accounting firms with similar results.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Questions

• Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. Not challenging-Asked behavior questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners and a manager. All behavioral. Coming from a top school, networking into an interview was not that difficult. Had a tour of the facilities and was accompanied to lunch by two Associates. Met with a recruiter to wrap up the four hour affair, and now patiently waiting for an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

KPMG's recruiting team is very friendly, and the entire interview process is very well-structured. It consisted of several presentations from the management, an introduction of the firm, a very nice dinner with partners, managers, and senior associates, and group activities! I had second round interviews with two managers, both were recently promoted. The interview process concluded with a lunch with two new associates. By the time you have lunch with them, they are not evaluating you anymore, so relax and enjoy the meal! My advice to you is to be collaborative in the group activities, do not try to dominate other teammates. You are closely watched by the recruiters, and teamwork is a very important aspect of working in audit teams.

Interview Questions

It was a hard decision, because KPMG's recruiting team was very friendly and welcoming. But I also received an offer from another big 4, which I feel like it's a better fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I went on KPMG office visit where I was selected from many candidates from various universities.Later, I submitted resume through a career center of my university, and received a call and was invited to the interview. The interview took place at their SF office. I was interviewed by Senior Manager and Partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma you faced and did you deal with it, what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

KPMG first came on-campus and held first round interviews on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with a KPMG audit partner. It was more of a conversation than an interview, I think they just want to see if they like you. After my interview my interviewer said I would probably make it to 2nd rounds and to call him if I changed my mind about audit. I thought that was kind of weird but I was happy to hear that he thought I would make it!

During 2nd rounds, KPMG put us up in a hotel. We had intro and dinner the first afternoon and the following morning we had to do some group teambuilding exercises and then we had 2 30-minute interviews with a partner and a senior manager. Both were extremely nice and easy to talk to. It was really more about talking about my resume and also a conversation. After the interviews, they took us out for lunch!

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question