KPMG US

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview took only 30 minutes. The senior manager I interviewed with was quite personable, and the recruiter from our school was and has been quite helpful throughout. I was declined for a second interview, heard in a week.

Interview Question – What have you heard about the other big 4?

I found this question strange. He did say that he only asked because he doesn't know anything about the others.
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired through campus recruiting. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is interview with a manager, and the second round are two interviews with manager and partner.

Interview Question – I feel the most of the questions are relatively straightforward, nothing too challenging.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do audit?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was at my university with a campus recruiter. It was a 30min conversation. Behavioral type of questions: Tell me about the situation when you did more than your team expected from you; tell me about how you had to say something unpleasant to your coworker or criticize him/her; how do you stay organized; Why did you decide on accounting program in this University; in a team do you prefer to be a leader or not; would you prefer to be a member of a winning team or a leader of losing team….
Then there was an office visit/interview with a couple of presentations. The office visit included two 45min. interviews. Both interviews, with a partner and a manager, test your professional interest in accounting industry. interviewers asked about the previous internship experience, about my duties/responsibilities, how I helped to improve something, what I've learned, what kind of software I used.... It really helps to have some good questions to ask your interviewrs. I asked about some of the current industry trends and new developments ( I read about them beforehand)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn during your previous internship that could help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question
  • What sets our company apart from our competitors, besides our employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate - not negotiable

Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was offered a first on-campus interview through campus recruiting with a KPMG campus recruiting manager. This first interview was only 30 minutes and strictly behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Was asked a few questions in regards to my resume, wrapped up the interview and was told I would hear back within a week. The same night I received the email inviting me to their second round interviews, or "Inside Look Program." The Inside Look Program was a 2 day event, with the first night being a dinner and networking event at different restaurants in the city, and the second day being a full day at the Chicago office. Presentations, ice breaker activities, lunch, and two 45-minute one-on-one interviews comprised the second day. The interviews were with a Partner and a Senior Manager. My interview with the Senior Manager consisted of going over my resume for 10 minutes, and then her opening it up to my questions for the next 35 minutes. Interview with the Partner was straightforward.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you when you had to make an unfavorable decision and how did you go about executing the decision.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – Started with an on campus interview, very laid back and conversational. Then at the office a couple of weeks later there were two interviews. One with a senior manager which was more of an interview with behavior based questions and one with a partner which was more of a conversation.

Interview Question – What is your biggest concern about going into public accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They are very helpful however.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!