KPMG US

Average Difficulty
75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful experience recruiting with KPMG. Wonderful people and great events. Took the time to get to know me unlike the other big four firms. First I had on campus interview, which we had a pre-interview dinner. I made it to the next round which is the office visit. In between the first interview and office visit there were several events, as well as individual events with a KPMG professional.

Interview Question – Very easy interviews, conversational.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Applied on school career site and had an on-campus interview and then had an office interview with multiple people. Process took around 2 weeks. Common behavioral questions like why audit, why kpmg, name a challenging situation, etc.

Interview Question – Name 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Audit Intern

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I talked to a recruiter and emailed her the resume. She contacted me back with an open position and I got a phone interview. It was mainly brief questions about my resume and after that they wanted to see me in their office. At the office visit, they were asking me more about how I will handle certain situations.

Interview Question – What is your short term and long term goal?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Applied through school website,was offered an interview at the school, and then was offered a 2nd interview at their office. The first interview was mostly a conversation about my background. 2nd interview consisted of an interview with a manager and an interview with a partner. It definitely helps to try and meet people from the company before the interview process, go talk to them at career fairs and other events on campus.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself (first question asked at each interview)   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – Prior to the interview, KPMG took me and a few other people to a nice dinner to become acquainted with each other. We played a trivia game that was fun and the interview was the next day. The interview was very casual with no direct questions. The man giving the interview was very laid back and just wanted to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – all basic behavior questions, there are nothing unexpected. I had two rounds total, one on campus, and another on site. Just be prepared before the interviews.

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Interview Details – Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Question – Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Interview Details – Really fun process. 1st interview was basic behavioral questions. Second round interviews were very conversational and really just about getting to know you. It was really informative and I was able to get to get a lot of knowledge about the company.

Interview Question – There wasn't any really challenging questions. Just behavior questions. They are really just trying to get to know you and see if you are a good fit   Answer Question

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took about a week. The first interview was on campus with a manager. I met him at a networking event the week before so it was more of a conversation then a interview. The next day I got invited to second rounds. Second rounds was different this year then in the past. Instead of the usually three 1:1 interviews, second rounds only consisted of one 2:1 interview with a partner and senior manager.

Interview Question – Why audit over tax or advisory? Why KPMG? What role do you take on in a group?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

Interview Details – I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview took only 30 minutes. The senior manager I interviewed with was quite personable, and the recruiter from our school was and has been quite helpful throughout. I was declined for a second interview, heard in a week.

Interview Question – What have you heard about the other big 4?

I found this question strange. He did say that he only asked because he doesn't know anything about the others.
  Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!