KPMG US

KPMG US Audit Intern Interview Questions

2.5

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

The interview was behavioral. Because all the questions that they ask are posted online already, therefore it is difficult to make an impression (everybody has similar leadership experiences and group working experience). What is important is to build a connection with a senior manager/someone from the upper management in the company, and to let the hiring managers know you personally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you're in a group project and encounters some problems. How did you solve it using your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Applied through my schools online career and internship site and was accepted. Scheduled to have an interview with an audit partner in the office of the internship. The interview was very behavioral and more about if short hills is where I want to work and intern. Overall the interview was very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

It was an overall good experience. Many opportunities to talk with the people that work there and find out what the culture is all about. Also very welcoming environment. Seemed like they really wanted you to be there. That was at least my impression.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some of the things you did at your prior internship.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in our company, and audit in particular?   Answer Question
    As an intern not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

This interview was an on-campus interview. You get a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service. They basically want to get to know you and see if you would fit in their company, of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

I got this interview opportunity through campus career center. I had my first round interview with a Senior manager in KPMG Silicon Vally Office. The Monday after the first round interview, I got called by the interviewer and the HR manager and scheduled the second round two and half weeks after that. The second round consists of the pre-interview social, presentations from the firm, two team-building activities, two 1:1 interviews. First round interview was mainly about the resume, teamwork experience and time management. For second round, one of them focused on the resume, the other one focused on Behavioral questions. But in general, all the interviews are very very conversational.
    Got called same day evening to be extended this offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Was offered a first on-campus interview through campus recruiting with a KPMG campus recruiting manager. This first interview was only 30 minutes and strictly behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Was asked a few questions in regards to my resume, wrapped up the interview and was told I would hear back within a week. The same night I received the email inviting me to their second round interviews, or "Inside Look Program." The Inside Look Program was a 2 day event, with the first night being a dinner and networking event at different restaurants in the city, and the second day being a full day at the Chicago office. Presentations, ice breaker activities, lunch, and two 45-minute one-on-one interviews comprised the second day. The interviews were with a Partner and a Senior Manager. My interview with the Senior Manager consisted of going over my resume for 10 minutes, and then her opening it up to my questions for the next 35 minutes. Interview with the Partner was straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you when you had to make an unfavorable decision and how did you go about executing the decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

While I didn't receive the an offer, the partner with which I interviewed was professional and amicable. After the review, he even provided feedback regarding what I should work to improve. I am continuing to pursue a career with KPMG, and hopefully, his feedback will be instrumental in my success.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult situation and worked with a group to tackle it.   Answer Question