KPMG US

Average Difficulty
75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – First round was an on-campus interview with a senior manager. Second round was three on campus interviews with a manager, senior manager, and partner.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to remove someone from a project.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went in for the 2nd round interviews, great networking event the night before interviews where we met with partners and managers. The next morning we viewed a presentation on the benefits, expectations, and opportunities of KPMG and then went in for interviews. There was also a "closed door" panel of senior and 1st year associates to answer questions. The questions were standard and revolved around the content on your resume. They expected detailed, well told stories revolving around the skills needed in the audit industry. They were also conversational, testing your ability to carry a fluid and meaningful discussion.

Interview Question – All questions for personality based and lead-ins for some type of story.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations as far as pay for interns, but there is some leeway in determining in what industry you would like to work. They expect you to make a decision between Federal or Commercial before they extend you an offer letter.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Campus recruiter took my resume and called me to schedule an interview on campus. It was a pretty smooth process. Had the interview within the week and got a call back for a second round interview in the office where I had two interviews. Everyone was really nice. They all want you to like the company so you can come work those long hours for them in the long run as a full time employee.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. All behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Probably could have but I was happy with the offer.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Interview Details – This interview was an on-campus interview. You get a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service. They basically want to get to know you and see if you would fit in their company, of course.

Interview Question – Why did you choose audit services?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do audit?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was behavioral. Because all the questions that they ask are posted online already, therefore it is difficult to make an impression (everybody has similar leadership experiences and group working experience). What is important is to build a connection with a senior manager/someone from the upper management in the company, and to let the hiring managers know you personally.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you're in a group project and encounters some problems. How did you solve it using your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was an overall good experience. Many opportunities to talk with the people that work there and find out what the culture is all about. Also very welcoming environment. Seemed like they really wanted you to be there. That was at least my impression.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the things you did at your prior internship.   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in our company, and audit in particular?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern not much negotiation.

Short Hills, NJ

Interview Details – Applied through my schools online career and internship site and was accepted. Scheduled to have an interview with an audit partner in the office of the internship. The interview was very behavioral and more about if short hills is where I want to work and intern. Overall the interview was very relaxed.

Interview Question – Leadership experience   Answer Question

Edison, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a basic 30 minute interview through Campus Recruiting. The guy was very nice, asked some good questions and was over all friendly. Basic questions about myself and my resume, but overall they were behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why KPMG?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus career services. I had an on-campus interview with an HR person, and it was purely behavioral with just going through your resume. As long as you know your resume, you will be fine. Also have some questions prepared before hand so it shows that you are proactive. The second round interview was with a partner and it was exactly the same thing. It was very easy.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to take a leadership position in a team environment.   View Answer