KPMG US Audit Intern Interview Questions

2.5

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

First round was an on-campus interview with a senior manager. Second round was three on campus interviews with a manager, senior manager, and partner.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to remove someone from a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Went in for the 2nd round interviews, great networking event the night before interviews where we met with partners and managers. The next morning we viewed a presentation on the benefits, expectations, and opportunities of KPMG and then went in for interviews. There was also a "closed door" panel of senior and 1st year associates to answer questions. The questions were standard and revolved around the content on your resume. They expected detailed, well told stories revolving around the skills needed in the audit industry. They were also conversational, testing your ability to carry a fluid and meaningful discussion.

Interview Questions
    • All questions for personality based and lead-ins for some type of story.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations as far as pay for interns, but there is some leeway in determining in what industry you would like to work. They expect you to make a decision between Federal or Commercial before they extend you an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Campus recruiter took my resume and called me to schedule an interview on campus. It was a pretty smooth process. Had the interview within the week and got a call back for a second round interview in the office where I had two interviews. Everyone was really nice. They all want you to like the company so you can come work those long hours for them in the long run as a full time employee.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Probably could have but I was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

This interview was an on-campus interview. You get a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service. They basically want to get to know you and see if you would fit in their company, of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

The interview was behavioral. Because all the questions that they ask are posted online already, therefore it is difficult to make an impression (everybody has similar leadership experiences and group working experience). What is important is to build a connection with a senior manager/someone from the upper management in the company, and to let the hiring managers know you personally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you're in a group project and encounters some problems. How did you solve it using your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

It was an overall good experience. Many opportunities to talk with the people that work there and find out what the culture is all about. Also very welcoming environment. Seemed like they really wanted you to be there. That was at least my impression.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some of the things you did at your prior internship.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in our company, and audit in particular?   Answer Question
    As an intern not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Applied through my schools online career and internship site and was accepted. Scheduled to have an interview with an audit partner in the office of the internship. The interview was very behavioral and more about if short hills is where I want to work and intern. Overall the interview was very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

It was a basic 30 minute interview through Campus Recruiting. The guy was very nice, asked some good questions and was over all friendly. Basic questions about myself and my resume, but overall they were behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

I applied through my campus career services. I had an on-campus interview with an HR person, and it was purely behavioral with just going through your resume. As long as you know your resume, you will be fine. Also have some questions prepared before hand so it shows that you are proactive. The second round interview was with a partner and it was exactly the same thing. It was very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to take a leadership position in a team environment.   View Answer