KPMG US Audit Internship Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2013.

The first day consisting of a few speakers from the office and a panel of associates (all three or less years), and ending the day with a diner with partners at all levels and senior managers. Day two consisted of two half hour 'meet and greet's with recent hires that had similarities of schools or hometowns, alternated with two half hour interviews with senior managers.

Interview Questions
  • Because this was for a tax season internship the most unexpected questions all related to being stressed and overworked during work or projects and how they were overcame.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through on campus and got a First Interview. Interview went well (as least I thought it did) but I received a rejection letter the next day. Seemed a little turned off that I was new to the accounting field, but arent internships meant for learning? A lot of fake smiles in that place.

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Applied online through my schools career site for a summer audit internship. Had an on campus interview about 2 weeks after the deadline. Pretty basic interview. Just asked questions about my resume and almost no behavioral questions. Interview was very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. Ended up not getting a second interview but still an ok experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

The first interview was on-campus and was with a partner or manager from the firm. They responded the next week with an offer to join them for a second round interview called the "inside look" program. That program was about 1 and 1/2 days. They completely accommodate you with transportation and hotel, and dinner the first night is a big social with partners and other candidates at the hotel. The next day consisted of two interviews, team building activities, lunch, and presentations.

Interview Questions
    No, negotiating phase. They'll make you an offer if they really want you the night after your interview!

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

There was a nice reception the evening before the interview. There were many recruiters there, including my interviewer and one partner. I obtained more information about the internship and theoffice at which I want to work by talking with my interviewer. Also I learned more about the specific I expect to do for the internship from other interns who had worked at KPMG last summer. For the interview, basically, my interviewer and I went through my resume together. And he asked me some behavioral questions, but no technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet to remove yourself from a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

They recruited on my college campus, i went through the on campus recruiting process with the first round interview. Got an offer for their superday, called Inside Look. The superday was a full day program but with only 1 interview. the morning was spent learning about company and at night there was a net working event with free drinks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important quality you see in an accountant?   Answer Question

Still deciding on the offer.

Audit Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

As with most internship interviews, the first round of interview was on campus and the second round, at their office.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions:
      - Why did you choose accounting?
      - How do you work in teams?
        Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Submitted my resume and cover letter through my University's career page. Received an e-mail a week later from HR directing me to KPMG's website to fill out an on-line application. I was called a few days later to schedule an on-campus interview. A week later, I was interviewed 1:1 by a Senior Manager on campus. I was asked typical behavioral questions. I was told that I would hear back about their decision from within 2 weeks and got a generic rejection email 2.5 weeks later.

Audit Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

I got a call from a recruiter about my application on the campus website. Then, I got an email requesting that I schedule an interview time slot. I had one interview with a manager from KPMG who attended my school. Interview was very laid back and all questions were typical behavioral ones. I got a call from HR at the end of the week inviting me to onsite interview. I met with two partners and the interview was more conversational and very little questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!