KPMG US

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very laid back and relaxed. I interviewed with a senior manager first on my college's campus, and it consisted mostly of behavioral questions. Found out the next day that I was advancing to the next round, which consisted of a 'superday' where I met and networked with partners, etc. Some additional interviews, offered a position later that day.

Interview Question – What type of role do you play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one with HR and one with a partner. The atmosphere was very good, and it did not feel too formal, some fun moments were included.

HR asked standardized questions but also showed interest for unique CV points.

Partner mostly explained KPMG and told me about the attractiveness of the Audit Internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Basically no negotiation (necessary).

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – Graduate program. I was invited to an open evening before the interview where you can talk with current employees. At the interview we were given laptops and had a task to write about two topics in 30mins. The questions were like: You have €1 million to start a company, what type of company would you start and why? What would you do if you were the minister for finance? Then there were two hour long interviews where they asked for examples of when you worked in a team etc. They also asked me about a couple of different companies, you should have at least three prepared and not the one on your application form. The tone of both interviews was very relaxed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to change your career path?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – One hour tele interview with people who work in the department rather than HR. Competency based interview. Normal question, such as why kpmg, why audit, describe an excellent customer experience, challenge come across, company perform well and why. Two Situational questions.

Interview Question – Most challenge thing you come cross in the past 2-3 years   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – The interviewer sounded like from an outsourced company. Because she was a completely robot. When I didn't hear her clearly and asked to confirm if what I heard was correct, she told me she couldn't answer my question, all she could do was to repeat the question again.

Interview Question – If a UK company, which is doing well, wants to expand abroad, what should they do?   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for winter internship before the campus recruiting season. I took quantitative and verbal tests but did not make it to interview that winter. Later when I applied for full-time, my record was still in the system so I skipped written test and directly moved on to interviews. I first had interview with one senior manager and manager. They asked about team work experiences, how to handle pressure and the reason why I chose audit since my major was not. About one week later, I got a phone call from KPMG to schedule an interview with partner. The second interview with partner was pretty short and focused more on career plan and how you see yourself in near future.

Interview Question – Questions about pressure were rather unexpected (more in how direct they ask them, like do you ever stayed up all night to finish a project ).   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I decided to pursue a Master's Degree instead of working right after undergrad.

Interview Details – Very relaxed atmosphere, multiple rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had a conflict in your group. How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – IB offer

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – two round interview. one with HR and second with the Partner.

Interview Question – mostly behavioural and less technical   Answer Question

Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2010.

Interview Details – I did its summer and winter internship a year ago so I had not asking for a manager interview -- a 30 min presentation to describe a firm, better be one of its client. I was scheduled directly to the partner interview, the questions were straight forward, more like chat other than interview. The partner went through my resume, asking about the teamwork in internship period, the company culture. Last, she told me the most attracted thing in big 4 was merely mentioned by the recently grad -- the clear and organized career path. She also mentioned keep passion on your working could let you survive during the peak season.

Interview Question – Give me a reason not to hire you   Answer Question

Audit

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2012.

Interview Details – Some behavioural questions, scenarios and details about previous employment.

Interview Question – How did you resolve conflicts in your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!