KPMG US Audit Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014

3.1

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview was quite conversational. They didn't ask me any behavioral questions. Just be confident and avoid over-selling yourself. You'd better think of some examples of situations in your life, work, or school in which you had to overcome a challenging situation and how you led a team to achieve a successful outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult. Went through your resume in details.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through school career center website and was invited for the pre-interview reception the day before the interview. The interview I had was on-campus one-on-one interview with an audit manager. The questions were mostly expected, such as behavioral questions. It was not like a conversation, but like a typical interview.

Audit Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had applied for the audit internship position through an online college portal. I was given a 1st round interview a few weeks after I had submitted my resume. The first round interview is held on campus and the 2nd round interview is held at the office location that you are seeking to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time that you were a leader. Why KPMG?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I'm still in the first round. Basically they would invite you to a pre-night reception to build connections with your interviewers the day before your interview. There you might get a chance to know his or her interview style. And my interviewer really likes behavioral questions. So all the questions she asked were "tell me about a time ...."

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions if you are prepared. One question she asked is tell me about a time your team failed to function properly   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Met at my college. They had a reception the night before interviews with sheets that had our interviewers on them. Was a great way to get to know your interviewer in a more relaxed environment. Very relaxed at every stage of the process. 30 minute interviews at our campus career center the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

It took two weeks, through on campus recruiting. I got invited to the first round. It was a very comfortable experience, entirely behavioral and conversation based. I thought I did ok but I didn't get invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral- what did you learn at this job that you can apply to audit, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

The interview process was very laid back and relaxed. I interviewed with a senior manager first on my college's campus, and it consisted mostly of behavioral questions. Found out the next day that I was advancing to the next round, which consisted of a 'superday' where I met and networked with partners, etc. Some additional interviews, offered a position later that day.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

2 interviews, one with HR and one with a partner. The atmosphere was very good, and it did not feel too formal, some fun moments were included.

HR asked standardized questions but also showed interest for unique CV points.

Partner mostly explained KPMG and told me about the attractiveness of the Audit Internship.

Interview Questions
    Basically no negotiation (necessary).

Audit Interview

The interviewer sounded like from an outsourced company. Because she was a completely robot. When I didn't hear her clearly and asked to confirm if what I heard was correct, she told me she couldn't answer my question, all she could do was to repeat the question again.

Interview Questions
    • If a UK company, which is doing well, wants to expand abroad, what should they do?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

One hour tele interview with people who work in the department rather than HR. Competency based interview. Normal question, such as why kpmg, why audit, describe an excellent customer experience, challenge come across, company perform well and why. Two Situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenge thing you come cross in the past 2-3 years   Answer Question