KPMG US Audit Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Bloomington, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the head campus recruiter multiple times prior to the interview. At the interview I met with an associate to ask general questions then was interviewed by a partner. Meeting with the associate was a good way to get a relaxed feel before meeting with the partner. The partner was very excited to meet with me and was interested in what I wanted from the company, and what I could offer it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Interview

Interview

Everyone was really friendly and the process was relatively simple: application, first round interview, then an in-house second round interview. The company does a great job of letting you meet people in the firm from a partner to associates as well as putting on social events. All interviews were really friendly and thorough.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer asked me about my GPA and if being involved in so many extra curriculas hindered me from doing better in school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR person: Mostly behavioural questions
    Senior Manager Interview: went into more depth on my resume and wanted to find out how I carried out the accomplishments I listed on my resume.
    Partner Interview: Leadership questions. Wanted to know about leadership roles I had taken on the past and how I was able to multitask.
    Had lunch with two Senior Associates,where I was asked several more questions in a more casual setting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Your greatest personal accomplishment and the steps you took to accomplish it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotation

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

The interview was quite conversational. They didn't ask me any behavioral questions. Just be confident and avoid over-selling yourself. You'd better think of some examples of situations in your life, work, or school in which you had to overcome a challenging situation and how you led a team to achieve a successful outcome.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Went through your resume in details.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I had applied for the audit internship position through an online college portal. I was given a 1st round interview a few weeks after I had submitted my resume. The first round interview is held on campus and the 2nd round interview is held at the office location that you are seeking to work at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time that you were a leader. Why KPMG?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I applied through school career center website and was invited for the pre-interview reception the day before the interview. The interview I had was on-campus one-on-one interview with an audit manager. The questions were mostly expected, such as behavioral questions. It was not like a conversation, but like a typical interview.

Audit Interview

Interview

Met at my college. They had a reception the night before interviews with sheets that had our interviewers on them. Was a great way to get to know your interviewer in a more relaxed environment. Very relaxed at every stage of the process. 30 minute interviews at our campus career center the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Interview

I'm still in the first round. Basically they would invite you to a pre-night reception to build connections with your interviewers the day before your interview. There you might get a chance to know his or her interview style. And my interviewer really likes behavioral questions. So all the questions she asked were "tell me about a time ...."

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions if you are prepared. One question she asked is tell me about a time your team failed to function properly   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Williamsburg, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting event. There was a pre-night for you to talk to alumni and meet with your interviewer then the interview was the next day. My interviewer was very nice, I felt I did well in the interview but I did not even get to the second round.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral, tell me a time when you had a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question