KPMG US Interview Questions in Australia

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Extremely friendly - two interviews with a partner and senior manager. Also was asked to write a mock email to a client and to complete a psychometric test. Was an extremely fast turn around - found out within the day of the final round.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you've displayed leadership? Tell me about a team failure. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Graduate Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Psychometric Testing (2 rounds) and a Partner Interview. Partner interview was face-to-face with Partner and Director. It was very topic focussed and my attempts initially to make conversation were steered back to their questions and my answers. Questions were largely behavioural based and asked usual interview situational questions. The interview was very long and gruelling, to be honest and often when I answered the questions they wanted more, either details or different examples. I did not think I went so well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced group conflict; Describe a time you overcame difficulties etc etc.   1 Answer

Experienced Hire Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer dispensed with many of the formalities. We established a good rapport quickly. The experience overall was not very daunting, assuming you have done the preparation. There were a series of networking events which lead to a more formalised interview process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Went through 4 stages, phone interview, online psychometric test, 2 remote video interviews from Canberra( where I located) to Melbourne( where the position is offered) with partner and seniors and finally got the offer.

Interview Questions

• The waiting process after interview is time consuming, needs patience.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Interview

Online assessment includes a series of different scenario analysis. It is a kind of behavioral assessment mostly testing your problem solving skills. In additional, there is no correct solution for each question and no time limit in this online assessment. What I can do is choosing the best and least choices in each scenario.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

Grad recuitment, AC, interview

Negotiation

None.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Standard for big 4.

Graduate Audit Interview

Interview

Application form followed by a testing, and then an assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of two interviews, testing and an in tray exercise. The in tray exercise was 30 minutes so time was crucial. Interviews were also quite lengthy. Make sure you know the company in detail

Audit Interview

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere, multiple rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict in your group. How did you solve it?   Answer Question

IB offer

Interview

Submitted my graduate application and did the testing the next day. They responded back very fast. Went for the assessment centre which included an interview with a manager, etray exercise and a partner interview.