KPMG US Interview Questions & Reviews in Boston, MA

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Submitted resume through OCR. First round was an on campus interview with an alum, all behavioral questions. The second round took place a week later on site. I interviewed with 3 people within the group, had lunch with the team and other interviewees. Decision was made later within the same day.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

We submitted our resume through college's career services and then experienced the first round interview on-site after 1 month. They only asked behavior questions and each candidates will be interviewed by two senior manager/manger.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Pre-selected for on-campus interviewing then was moved on to second round of interviews taking place during their 2-day Inside Look event. The event was great, very well organized and got to meet many employees throughout the entire hierarchy.

Had 3 different interviews with 2 directors and a senior associate, then a case study. Interviews were relaxed and made me feel comfortable. Questions are somewhat behavioral but they like to hear why you are good for a specific position.

Case study was ok. More technical knowledge was needed but interviewer acknowledge that fact.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

I first applied for the company by sending in an online application for their sophomore leadership program called Discover KPMG. That was in January/February. The recruiter was very nice. In March, I was invited to an on campus with a manager in audit, who I loved. He was talkative and friendly. He asked questions about the leadership positions I had on my resume. I was offered a spot at the program in June, where I interviewed for the tax summer internship for the next year.

My interviewer was a tax manager, who was nice, but she did not impress me because she read typical questions off a sheet of lined paper and did not provide enough time for me to ask her the questions I had in mind. I expected to have more than just one question answered because I was considering another Big 4 firm who had already given me an internship offer. After the interview, I met more professionals throughout the leadership program, which was successful and gave me a feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in just any Big 4 or why KPMG?   View Answer

I believe I fit in more with the culture at another Big 4. The other firm also had a larger presence in my city, with more opportunities.

Manager Outsourcing Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

The whole interview process consisted of an initial HR screening call (by a senior HR Manager) about 30 minutes one phone interview with a Director, one in-person with another director and then a final in-person with Partner/Principal. Well coordinated interview process. Was assigned a recruiting coordinator for scheduling and making travel arrangements for my face to face interviews.

The interviews with the Directors are aimed at assessing the candidate's Industry Knowledge about various players in the market, approaches to the are of practice you are interviewing for, current trends in outsourcing advisory, economy and regulatory aspects that effect the practice, multi-industry experience, maturity and presentability to their clients.

The directors are genuinely interested to know what you can bring to the table, and also will provided feedback about areas you may polish your presentation for the next level of interviews.

Partner interview was more from a cultural/role fit perspective. Be prepared to engage in conversations about topics, trends and concepts that you may be not agree with, but have a cool head to separate logic and emotion. You will be challenged on your adaptability to various team situations and road blocks that you may face while functioning in this role. You will be expected to project and defend your image of a business operator that has sights on both the top line and bottom line of KPMG as well as value you deliver to the clients. You will be assessed on this "If the Partner staffs you on an engagement, can you run it with minimal Partner supervision and involvement? Will you be able to deliver holistic value to the client while safeguarding KPMG interests?"

Interview Questions
    • Did not receive any unexpected or difficult question. In line with what I expected. But one suggestion: Preparation, Preparation and Preparation is the key. Read as much as you can, about the firm, their partners' blogs, articles and white papers. These will help.   Answer Question
    No Room for negotiation. It sounds almost like leave it or take it. Be prepared to hear something to the effect of 'we are offering you this role even when we think that you are actually not yet fully baked. Hence no room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Some basic Behavior questions with a partner, like why audit, why kpmg, a redo thing if you have another chance in a team assignment.

Interview Questions
    • At last, the partner ask me: if I did not pass you, what the reasons would you think I should tell others?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Two rounds interview. One on campus, one on site. it went very well for the first round. I had a great experience in talking with the tax manager. There were several team work project during the second round interview. the questions in second round were quite standard.Get good prepared for that. They are kind of slow in deciding the final result.

Interview Questions
    • Standard question.
      Eg. Tell me your team work experience.
        Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

Applied via KPMG website. Interview consisted of HR screening, 2 interviews with Sr. Managers and one with partner. Asked many questions about previous work expierence and why the switch to consulting.

Room to negotiate

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2010.

I applied to KPMG through the college career connection site, then was offered the first round of interview. The interview as with the recruiter from HR department and was mostly bahaviour. It was very casual and was more like a conversation than an interview. I've waited about a week and a half, then got called in for on-site interview. The visiting day at the office was wonderful. The interview was with the Audit Senior Manager. Once again, the interview was very casual and mostly behaviour. I waited about 2 weeks and got a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when I had to deal with my weakness in a group setting   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Contacted by in house recruiter, phone interview with Senior Manager, flown in to do 4 in person interviews in one day with Managing Director and Managers. Heard back two weeks later, the recruiting manager was good with following up during decision process

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!