KPMG US

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Senior Office Services Respresentative Interview

Senior Office Services Respresentative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter for my availability for a phone interview, which was conducted by the recruiter. After a lot of emails back and forth and interview was schedules via phone at the Chicago office. Their website said it was business formal attire, but it was casual Friday. The interview was fine- I was asked to describe myself in three words, and how others would describe me. After about 3 weeks, I was given a call that they had decided to go with an internal candidate. I should have asked for feedback on my interview, but I forgot. The interviewer was honest, and told me because it was a support role, there was no to little chance for advancement. It was a good experience- great practice, and taught me a lot about corporate culture. If interviewing with this company, make sure to do your homework! They ask a lot of questions about what you know about the company and why you want to work there.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communications start through the college recruitment office and the career services website. First contact is probably at the Career Fair. The first interview is on campus one on one. The night before is a networking night to which you are invited if you have been selected for a first round interview. The second round interview is an overnight on-site visit consisting of networking events and multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you faced a difficult ethical situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question

A Position In Transaction Services Interview

A Position In Transaction Services
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

Interview Details – I am a student and the interview was obtained from a career service office. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and thy said they weren't hanging hiring but it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a group member that was difficult and you did not obtain the result you wanted?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – campus interview
question: which class do you think most difficult for you?

Interview Question – which class do you think most difficult for you   View Answer

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was at my university with a campus recruiter. It was a 30min conversation. Behavioral type of questions: Tell me about the situation when you did more than your team expected from you; tell me about how you had to say something unpleasant to your coworker or criticize him/her; how do you stay organized; Why did you decide on accounting program in this University; in a team do you prefer to be a leader or not; would you prefer to be a member of a winning team or a leader of losing team….
Then there was an office visit/interview with a couple of presentations. The office visit included two 45min. interviews. Both interviews, with a partner and a manager, test your professional interest in accounting industry. interviewers asked about the previous internship experience, about my duties/responsibilities, how I helped to improve something, what I've learned, what kind of software I used.... It really helps to have some good questions to ask your interviewrs. I asked about some of the current industry trends and new developments ( I read about them beforehand)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn during your previous internship that could help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question
  • What sets our company apart from our competitors, besides our employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate - not negotiable

Associate Interview

Associate
Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was intense. It started with an initial phone screen by a recruiter that was outsourced and eventually hired by KPMG. I then had a technical phone interview from a senior manager and another interview with another manager that was asked to be part of the interview process. I finally met with one of the firm's senior managers and a partner to discuss what I was looking for in a job and was oversold on what KPMG did in the realm of SAP.

Interview Question – What are two critical areas in implementing SAP SD?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not feel there was room to negotiate, it was a "take it or leave it" type of offer.

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected for the first round interview during on-campus recruiting. I was very excited about it. I had my first personal interview on-campus and it was a good interview, pretty intense though!

Interview Question – After the initial pleasantries, I was bombarded with a Case study and my entire interview was based on that. I was not expecting the type of questions that my interviewer was asking me. I tried to answer them to the best of my ability though.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Interview Question – Explain goodwill   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was obtained through a scholarship program guaranteeing two interviews with large accounting firms. KPMG presented for us during the leadership program and it was actually the same presentation as one presented earlier by Deloitte. It made the company look bad and unprepared honestly. The lady who interviewed me was quite strange. One question she asked me was, "Why choose KPMG? Do you prefer us over the other Big Four?" And she drilled me on that.

Interview Question – Surely you have a top choice for the firm you want to work with? Threw me off because I wasn't prepared to say KPMG.   View Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Interview Details – 2 weeks of emails, phone interview and panel interview

Interview Question – Most challenging tax topic encountered   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.