KPMG US

2.9

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they gave.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2007.

Initial phone interview with a recruiter and was invited for Inside Look. Inside Look is a cattle call with a few people interviewing for a full time position mixed in with a bunch of young kids begging for internships. You do stupid exercises where they blindfold you and make people work as a team, etc. One on one interviews with two managers in the practice group I interviewed with who spent most of the time talking about themselves. Amazingly easy process which raised red flags I should have taken note of. This explains how so many less than stellar people get into the firm.

Interview Questions
    Received a low ball offer and immediately countered. Settled for less than I wanted. Don't take first offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Director Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2009.

Contacted by a recruiter regarding opportunity. Calls with a director and managing director in the practice area. On site interview with the managing director of the practice area, a partner in another practice area, and a director in another practice area. Initally a verbal offer and then a written offer after acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop business both internaly and externally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

I was hired through campus recruiting. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is interview with a manager, and the second round are two interviews with manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • I feel the most of the questions are relatively straightforward, nothing too challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Information Protection/Business Resilience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

First Round Interview is on-campus, behavioral questions in nature, and very conversational. Interviewer was from the office I applied for and I met him a couple times during campus recruiting events. The interview started with questions about weather and stuff, then gradually moved to resume-related questions. The interviewer was most interested in the relevant work experience I had and any related non-work experience, and we spent quite a few minutes talking about the part of my life that was closely related to IT.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2012.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Things went well - was told that I was a good fit for the role and salary expectations were in line. Had a second phone interview with the Director with whom this position would report. Felt a rapport and felt that the interview went well. Scheduled for an in-person interview. Was asked to meet at a Starbucks close to the interviewer's home because she was working from home that day. Thought it was odd, but okay. Met and talked for 2 hours. Thought things went well. Didn't hear back for weeks - emails were not returned, which of course is a bad sign. Finally got connected to the recruiter and was told that they decided my compensation was too high. After three interviews? And after it was confirmed previously? That was a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • A partner tells you that they need to open a replacement position for someone that was recently laid off. What would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2008.

Met the HR recruiting team at the campus career fair and was called back for a second round of interviews on campus. The second of round of interviews consists of talking to HR and a manger from your prospective group. The third round of interviews is on site at the KPMG office and is a formality - don't screw up and you have a job.

No negotiation was allowed