KPMG US Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.9

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with multiple people. They didn't mention that in the initial phone interview. Not much to say about it. Dress professionally. Very important. More casual than most and spoke freely.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied to a summer internship position and got a full-time position after completed the summer internship. Interview process described below is the one that I passed for the internship position. 1. HR Manager interview: questions regarding things that I spent a lot of time in college (study, part-time job etc.), why I study in my college, and stuff that I put in my resume 2. Audit Manager Interview: Why audit, Why KPMG, Why Chicago, US CPA, etc and question time 3. National Practice Head interview: Why audit, Why KPMG US, some ethical question, and question time 4. Office visit - i). Audit Sr. Manager Interview ii). Audit Practice Partner interview - questions are basically same as above 5. Full-time position offer after successful completion of the summer internship

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in-person interview where I met with 3 interviewers back-to-back. The entire process still managed to span three months, where I eventually learned that I was the top candidate but that they decided to hire from within. They said if there were two positions, I would have the other....to reach out to the recruiter should I find another position of interest.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, can't recall specific.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process, have not finished yet. They do not follow up, you need to write them and see what is happening. They hire people only if there are projects available.

Interview Questions

• 3 phone interviews: walk them through your resume. 2 behavioral interviews: Why KPMG?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Well organized, prompt in replying to questions abiut interview results. The HRs were personable and easily approachable. There were 2 rounds of interview - campus interview and office interview. Office interview was done by partners and MDs. There was lunch with some of my practice people.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

6 interviews in total: --- Remote Interviews (Conducted via Phone) --- First interview was a phone screen conducted by one of their internal recruiters. Focus was on why I wanted to join KPMG and salary expectations Two phone interviews followed; one behavioral and the other technical. Focus was on assessing fit with firm culture and technical acumen as related to the position being applied for. --- In-Office Interviews --- Was flown to Chicago where I met with four members of the team I was intending to join: First interviewer was a Manager who wanted to know what questions I had about KPMG and asked a few questions about the types of engagements I had encountered in the past. Next interview was with a Senior Associate who asked several pointed questions around the skillsets required to be successful in the role (e.g. tell me about how you approach an application rationalization) Third interview was a case conducted by a Manager. Company X is looking to acquire Company Y. What are the most important things for them to consider when integrating their IT systems? How would you structure a team to help Company X achieve successful integration? Last interview of the day was with a Managing Director and included another case around the integration of a specialty gas company into a company with a global network of commodity gas manufacturers operating as their own P&Ls. Questions were mostly around how the business should be structured (stay operating as distinct P&Ls or integrate) and their location strategy. Final question was about how to structure the IT organization to support the proposed structure. After returning home, I was told I needed to meet with a Partner at my local office. That interview was scheduled approximately a week later and focused on what I could bring to the firm if hired. Questions included: What do you want to be famous for / why does your phone ring? What network of contacts could you bring that we could use to sell new work tomorrow? Before leaving the interview, I was asked to take on a homework assignment. The assignment was to write a 2-4 page white paper on how IT could prove its value to the business. I was given until the end of the day to complete the assignment and send it back to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be famous for / why does your phone ring? What network of contacts could you bring that we could use to sell new work tomorrow?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job board and their webpage. I heard back from them about a week after I applied that I have a campus interview. But they only told the ones who got accepted the evening of the interview. I found out I didn't get into the second round from a friend who got in.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

there was a couple phone interviews and an in person interview. It lasted about 4 hours and included a 20 minute presentation and 3 45-minutes. There was a couple technical tests and a conceptual coding challenge

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time if you are given 12 weeks to complete a project?   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus site, got the first interview. Was strictly behavioral, really more like a conversation. In a week or so got a call from the interviewer asking me to go for a super day. It was great--a meal at Trump Tower, and awesome hotel accommodations. Got a tour of the place, got to network, etc. 2 Interviews the next day. Both also behavioral, they didn't expect much knowledge of TP. Ended up with me asking more questions than them. Got the internship offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just straight up here is your offer. No negotiating

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted what they gave.