KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter from outside firm contacted me and then handed it over to the in-house HR. I had to email once to ask after a week of no response then I got an email that day to apply online and got a phone call to confirm. The actual interviews were with five people (two seniors then the remaining individually). They all were very welcoming and I was very comfortable throughout.

Interview Question – Not difficult questions. They just want to know who you are and what you have done.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired through campus recruiting. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is interview with a manager, and the second round are two interviews with manager and partner.

Interview Question – I feel the most of the questions are relatively straightforward, nothing too challenging.   Answer Question

Senior Advisory Associate Interview

Senior Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – First Recruiter screening followed with Sr. Manager Tech round of interview. Immediately after 3 days, got an invitation for F2F interview on site with two directors and the partner.

Interview Question – No difficult questions as such. Few Technical questions from one director. Few behavior questions and case study.. Just be confident. If you have a genuine experience in your area of expertise, you will make it. Be ready to grill out technically at point.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was obtained through a scholarship program guaranteeing two interviews with large accounting firms. KPMG presented for us during the leadership program and it was actually the same presentation as one presented earlier by Deloitte. It made the company look bad and unprepared honestly. The lady who interviewed me was quite strange. One question she asked me was, "Why choose KPMG? Do you prefer us over the other Big Four?" And she drilled me on that.

Interview Question – Surely you have a top choice for the firm you want to work with? Threw me off because I wasn't prepared to say KPMG.   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an on campus interview. The first interview was conducted with a partner. To my surprise the interview was very laid back and lasted only 30 minutes. We went over my resume for about 10-15 minutes and then talked about the position and the responsibilities involved. About a week later I was invited to participate in the Inside Look (second rounds) program.

I was extremely nervous a few days leading up to Inside Look but again, it was very laid back and informing. The first night started with a tour of the office and concluded with a two hour dinner at a very nice steakhouse. The second day lasted from 8am-2pm with various activities and a couple of interviews with senior managers. All of the interviews were very laid back and did not include any behavioral questions. Though a few of the other candidates I spoke with did have behavioral questions. It all depends on who you interview with.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in public accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating since it is an internship

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was very lengthy. It look about 4 months to actually get an offer letter from the company. Communication wasn't very good either. The interview process itself wasn't too bad. Had 5 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 3 people. I had to travel from NY to their Chicago office and they only paid for the flight.

Interview Question – none really - they asked about the aspects of SAP GRC. if you know that for this position it should be fine   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My company matched the offer and it took a lot of time to actually get the offer

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected for the first round interview during on-campus recruiting. I was very excited about it. I had my first personal interview on-campus and it was a good interview, pretty intense though!

Interview Question – After the initial pleasantries, I was bombarded with a Case study and my entire interview was based on that. I was not expecting the type of questions that my interviewer was asking me. I tried to answer them to the best of my ability though.   Answer Question

Director Advisory Interview

Director Advisory
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter regarding opportunity. Calls with a director and managing director in the practice area. On site interview with the managing director of the practice area, a partner in another practice area, and a director in another practice area. Initally a verbal offer and then a written offer after acceptance.

Interview Question – How would you develop business both internaly and externally?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Things went well - was told that I was a good fit for the role and salary expectations were in line. Had a second phone interview with the Director with whom this position would report. Felt a rapport and felt that the interview went well. Scheduled for an in-person interview. Was asked to meet at a Starbucks close to the interviewer's home because she was working from home that day. Thought it was odd, but okay. Met and talked for 2 hours. Thought things went well. Didn't hear back for weeks - emails were not returned, which of course is a bad sign. Finally got connected to the recruiter and was told that they decided my compensation was too high. After three interviews? And after it was confirmed previously? That was a bit frustrating.

Interview Question – A partner tells you that they need to open a replacement position for someone that was recently laid off. What would you do?   Answer Question