KPMG US Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Information Protection/Business Resilience Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

First Round Interview is on-campus, behavioral questions in nature, and very conversational. Interviewer was from the office I applied for and I met him a couple times during campus recruiting events. The interview started with questions about weather and stuff, then gradually moved to resume-related questions. The interviewer was most interested in the relevant work experience I had and any related non-work experience, and we spent quite a few minutes talking about the part of my life that was closely related to IT.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Couple of initial behavioral interviews, followed by experience interviews and very less case questions

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2011.

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Sr Manager/Director
    3. Additional Phone Interviews
    4. In-person Interview with Director-Level of practice (they typically fly you somewhere)
    5. Additional phone/in person meetings (as needed)
    6. Offer from recruiter

...my process went quickly, but I've known for it to be a lot slower

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about trends I know in the marketplace and how I saw those as being good options for the client - do your homework!   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Great people

Interview Questions
    • How you would respond to an ethical problem   View Answer

Other offer was better

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

On campus interview which led to an on site interview. Both went well and so accepted an offer,

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

One on-campus interview by a Director - mostly behavioral to assess organization fit
    One onsite technical interviews by a Manager
    One onsite case interview with a Senior Manager

The onsite interviews were supposed to be the final rounds. Then I waited for almost a month. When I called them up to check the status, they said that I have another technical interview (telephonic) with a Principal.
    After that interview, they took about two weeks to get offer approval and finally made an offer. I was told that the offer was the starting salary at Senior Associate level and since I had a lot of relevant experience, I can negotiate. When I negotiated, they said they can't increase the salary.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2010.

Pretty standard interview, but there were some key questions that were asked that most likely disqualified me from the job offer. My interviewer was big on how many people I knew already within KPMG and also asked what recruiters I knew. Because I didn't know anyone, the interview changed drastically and I could tell they wanted nothing to do with me.

You may interview well, but make sure you know a few people within the place you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you networked with people and then later used this network to benefit you in some way? Be specific.   Answer Question
    • So how many professionals within the company do you know by name?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2011.

The hiring process was intense. It started with an initial phone screen by a recruiter that was outsourced and eventually hired by KPMG. I then had a technical phone interview from a senior manager and another interview with another manager that was asked to be part of the interview process. I finally met with one of the firm's senior managers and a partner to discuss what I was looking for in a job and was oversold on what KPMG did in the realm of SAP.

Interview Questions
    I did not feel there was room to negotiate, it was a "take it or leave it" type of offer.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Have a on-campus interview of the tax intern at KPMG, the interview went on just like a conversation, the employers were friendly. they asked me about my school life, teamwork, communication skills, time management and so on.
    It is a helpful experience for me although I didnt get the chance to go with the 2nd round interview. I love this company.