KPMG US

2.9

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Couple of initial behavioral interviews, followed by experience interviews and very less case questions

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

One on-campus interview by a Director - mostly behavioral to assess organization fit
    One onsite technical interviews by a Manager
    One onsite case interview with a Senior Manager

The onsite interviews were supposed to be the final rounds. Then I waited for almost a month. When I called them up to check the status, they said that I have another technical interview (telephonic) with a Principal.
    After that interview, they took about two weeks to get offer approval and finally made an offer. I was told that the offer was the starting salary at Senior Associate level and since I had a lot of relevant experience, I can negotiate. When I negotiated, they said they can't increase the salary.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Great people

Interview Questions
    • How you would respond to an ethical problem   View Answer

Other offer was better

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Have a on-campus interview of the tax intern at KPMG, the interview went on just like a conversation, the employers were friendly. they asked me about my school life, teamwork, communication skills, time management and so on.
    It is a helpful experience for me although I didnt get the chance to go with the 2nd round interview. I love this company.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2011.

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Sr Manager/Director
    3. Additional Phone Interviews
    4. In-person Interview with Director-Level of practice (they typically fly you somewhere)
    5. Additional phone/in person meetings (as needed)
    6. Offer from recruiter

...my process went quickly, but I've known for it to be a lot slower

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about trends I know in the marketplace and how I saw those as being good options for the client - do your homework!   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

1. Initial discussion with recruiter about positions they're seeking to fill, requirements, past projects, willingness to travel, visa sponsorship, salary expectation, etc.
    2. Phone interview next week with Senior Manager. Interviewer briefed about the position, resume review, questions on past projects, technical questions. Last 10mins, I was allowed to ask the interviewer any questions
    3. Invited for an onsite visit 2 weeks later. Interview with Managing Director & Senior Manager. Both conversational, talking about past projects in detail, behavioral questions.

Still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Why KPMG?   Answer Question
    • Describe an issue that you faced in your past project? How did you handle it? Did it affect relationships at work?   Answer Question
    • Presented different phases of SDLC and asked me which one I would fit in.   Answer Question
    • Questions on teamwork, strength of teams, my role in the team   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

2 weeks of emails, phone interview and panel interview

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Met with a manager and a managing director. Managing director appeared to be hyped up on something and edgy. Very hard to follow. Would not have worked for him if offered the position. HR appeared to be scrabbling and added a third interviewer in last minute which appeared to throw off the schedule. Not very well organized and did not leave a position impression of the company. Also, they continued to try and sell me on how KPMG has audit and tax relationships with companies so it is easy for them to move into the advisory consulting space with the same clients. This did not seem to be the case in practice for them and was not a logical sell.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question just a very difficult person to interview with. Seemed like he wasn't sure where he was going with questions at any given time which made it impossible to put forth a good image.   Answer Question