KPMG US

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

I was selected for the first round interview during on-campus recruiting. I was very excited about it. I had my first personal interview on-campus and it was a good interview, pretty intense though!

Interview Questions
    • After the initial pleasantries, I was bombarded with a Case study and my entire interview was based on that. I was not expecting the type of questions that my interviewer was asking me. I tried to answer them to the best of my ability though.   Answer Question

Information Protection/Business Resilience Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

First Round Interview is on-campus, behavioral questions in nature, and very conversational. Interviewer was from the office I applied for and I met him a couple times during campus recruiting events. The interview started with questions about weather and stuff, then gradually moved to resume-related questions. The interviewer was most interested in the relevant work experience I had and any related non-work experience, and we spent quite a few minutes talking about the part of my life that was closely related to IT.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2012.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Things went well - was told that I was a good fit for the role and salary expectations were in line. Had a second phone interview with the Director with whom this position would report. Felt a rapport and felt that the interview went well. Scheduled for an in-person interview. Was asked to meet at a Starbucks close to the interviewer's home because she was working from home that day. Thought it was odd, but okay. Met and talked for 2 hours. Thought things went well. Didn't hear back for weeks - emails were not returned, which of course is a bad sign. Finally got connected to the recruiter and was told that they decided my compensation was too high. After three interviews? And after it was confirmed previously? That was a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • A partner tells you that they need to open a replacement position for someone that was recently laid off. What would you do?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Couple of initial behavioral interviews, followed by experience interviews and very less case questions

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

One on-campus interview by a Director - mostly behavioral to assess organization fit
    One onsite technical interviews by a Manager
    One onsite case interview with a Senior Manager

The onsite interviews were supposed to be the final rounds. Then I waited for almost a month. When I called them up to check the status, they said that I have another technical interview (telephonic) with a Principal.
    After that interview, they took about two weeks to get offer approval and finally made an offer. I was told that the offer was the starting salary at Senior Associate level and since I had a lot of relevant experience, I can negotiate. When I negotiated, they said they can't increase the salary.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Great people

Interview Questions
    • How you would respond to an ethical problem   View Answer

Other offer was better

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Have a on-campus interview of the tax intern at KPMG, the interview went on just like a conversation, the employers were friendly. they asked me about my school life, teamwork, communication skills, time management and so on.
    It is a helpful experience for me although I didnt get the chance to go with the 2nd round interview. I love this company.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2011.

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Sr Manager/Director
    3. Additional Phone Interviews
    4. In-person Interview with Director-Level of practice (they typically fly you somewhere)
    5. Additional phone/in person meetings (as needed)
    6. Offer from recruiter

...my process went quickly, but I've known for it to be a lot slower

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about trends I know in the marketplace and how I saw those as being good options for the client - do your homework!   Answer Question