KPMG US Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an on campus interview. The first interview was conducted with a partner. To my surprise the interview was very laid back and lasted only 30 minutes. We went over my resume for about 10-15 minutes and then talked about the position and the responsibilities involved. About a week later I was invited to participate in the Inside Look (second rounds) program.

I was extremely nervous a few days leading up to Inside Look but again, it was very laid back and informing. The first night started with a tour of the office and concluded with a two hour dinner at a very nice steakhouse. The second day lasted from 8am-2pm with various activities and a couple of interviews with senior managers. All of the interviews were very laid back and did not include any behavioral questions. Though a few of the other candidates I spoke with did have behavioral questions. It all depends on who you interview with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating since it is an internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was obtained through a scholarship program guaranteeing two interviews with large accounting firms. KPMG presented for us during the leadership program and it was actually the same presentation as one presented earlier by Deloitte. It made the company look bad and unprepared honestly. The lady who interviewed me was quite strange. One question she asked me was, "Why choose KPMG? Do you prefer us over the other Big Four?" And she drilled me on that.

Interview Questions

• Surely you have a top choice for the firm you want to work with? Threw me off because I wasn't prepared to say KPMG.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewing process was very lengthy. It look about 4 months to actually get an offer letter from the company. Communication wasn't very good either. The interview process itself wasn't too bad. Had 5 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 3 people. I had to travel from NY to their Chicago office and they only paid for the flight.

Interview Questions

• none really - they asked about the aspects of SAP GRC. if you know that for this position it should be fine   Answer Question

My company matched the offer and it took a lot of time to actually get the offer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was selected for the first round interview during on-campus recruiting. I was very excited about it. I had my first personal interview on-campus and it was a good interview, pretty intense though!

Interview Questions

• After the initial pleasantries, I was bombarded with a Case study and my entire interview was based on that. I was not expecting the type of questions that my interviewer was asking me. I tried to answer them to the best of my ability though.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First Round Interview is on-campus, behavioral questions in nature, and very conversational. Interviewer was from the office I applied for and I met him a couple times during campus recruiting events. The interview started with questions about weather and stuff, then gradually moved to resume-related questions. The interviewer was most interested in the relevant work experience I had and any related non-work experience, and we spent quite a few minutes talking about the part of my life that was closely related to IT.

Interview Questions

• Define yourself with 5 adjectives.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Things went well - was told that I was a good fit for the role and salary expectations were in line. Had a second phone interview with the Director with whom this position would report. Felt a rapport and felt that the interview went well. Scheduled for an in-person interview. Was asked to meet at a Starbucks close to the interviewer's home because she was working from home that day. Thought it was odd, but okay. Met and talked for 2 hours. Thought things went well. Didn't hear back for weeks - emails were not returned, which of course is a bad sign. Finally got connected to the recruiter and was told that they decided my compensation was too high. After three interviews? And after it was confirmed previously? That was a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions

• A partner tells you that they need to open a replacement position for someone that was recently laid off. What would you do?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Fairly easy, only behavior questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Couple of initial behavioral interviews, followed by experience interviews and very less case questions

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

One on-campus interview by a Director - mostly behavioral to assess organization fit
    One onsite technical interviews by a Manager
    One onsite case interview with a Senior Manager

The onsite interviews were supposed to be the final rounds. Then I waited for almost a month. When I called them up to check the status, they said that I have another technical interview (telephonic) with a Principal.
    After that interview, they took about two weeks to get offer approval and finally made an offer. I was told that the offer was the starting salary at Senior Associate level and since I had a lot of relevant experience, I can negotiate. When I negotiated, they said they can't increase the salary.