KPMG US

Average Difficulty
49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was at my university with a campus recruiter. It was a 30min conversation. Behavioral type of questions: Tell me about the situation when you did more than your team expected from you; tell me about how you had to say something unpleasant to your coworker or criticize him/her; how do you stay organized; Why did you decide on accounting program in this University; in a team do you prefer to be a leader or not; would you prefer to be a member of a winning team or a leader of losing team….
Then there was an office visit/interview with a couple of presentations. The office visit included two 45min. interviews. Both interviews, with a partner and a manager, test your professional interest in accounting industry. interviewers asked about the previous internship experience, about my duties/responsibilities, how I helped to improve something, what I've learned, what kind of software I used.... It really helps to have some good questions to ask your interviewrs. I asked about some of the current industry trends and new developments ( I read about them beforehand)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn during your previous internship that could help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question
  • What sets our company apart from our competitors, besides our employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate - not negotiable

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Initial discussion with recruiter about positions they're seeking to fill, requirements, past projects, willingness to travel, visa sponsorship, salary expectation, etc.
2. Phone interview next week with Senior Manager. Interviewer briefed about the position, resume review, questions on past projects, technical questions. Last 10mins, I was allowed to ask the interviewer any questions
3. Invited for an onsite visit 2 weeks later. Interview with Managing Director & Senior Manager. Both conversational, talking about past projects in detail, behavioral questions.

Still waiting for a reply.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Interview Details – Met with a manager and a managing director. Managing director appeared to be hyped up on something and edgy. Very hard to follow. Would not have worked for him if offered the position. HR appeared to be scrabbling and added a third interviewer in last minute which appeared to throw off the schedule. Not very well organized and did not leave a position impression of the company. Also, they continued to try and sell me on how KPMG has audit and tax relationships with companies so it is easy for them to move into the advisory consulting space with the same clients. This did not seem to be the case in practice for them and was not a logical sell.

Interview Question – No specific question just a very difficult person to interview with. Seemed like he wasn't sure where he was going with questions at any given time which made it impossible to put forth a good image.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – campus interview
question: which class do you think most difficult for you?

Interview Question – which class do you think most difficult for you   View Answer

Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was offered a first on-campus interview through campus recruiting with a KPMG campus recruiting manager. This first interview was only 30 minutes and strictly behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Was asked a few questions in regards to my resume, wrapped up the interview and was told I would hear back within a week. The same night I received the email inviting me to their second round interviews, or "Inside Look Program." The Inside Look Program was a 2 day event, with the first night being a dinner and networking event at different restaurants in the city, and the second day being a full day at the Chicago office. Presentations, ice breaker activities, lunch, and two 45-minute one-on-one interviews comprised the second day. The interviews were with a Partner and a Senior Manager. My interview with the Senior Manager consisted of going over my resume for 10 minutes, and then her opening it up to my questions for the next 35 minutes. Interview with the Partner was straightforward.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you when you had to make an unfavorable decision and how did you go about executing the decision.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Interview Details – Started with an on campus interview, very laid back and conversational. Then at the office a couple of weeks later there were two interviews. One with a senior manager which was more of an interview with behavior based questions and one with a partner which was more of a conversation.

Interview Question – What is your biggest concern about going into public accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They are very helpful however.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Interview Details – First interview on Campus. Second Interview in office during Inside Look. Still waiting for response.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

A Position In Transaction Services Interview

A Position In Transaction Services
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

Interview Details – I am a student and the interview was obtained from a career service office. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and thy said they weren't hanging hiring but it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a group member that was difficult and you did not obtain the result you wanted?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

IT Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very Laid back interview. Talked about my sister and football for the most of the time. Typical behavioral interview including resume walk-through and teamwork expirience and I got invited to a office visit.

Interview Question – Describe your self.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Advisory
Valparaiso, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter is a graduate from my college who is currently a partner in the firm. I got to ask to describe myself, and several behavioral questions. The interview last for 20 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as it is only the first interview