KPMG US Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.9

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Was offered a first on-campus interview through campus recruiting with a KPMG campus recruiting manager. This first interview was only 30 minutes and strictly behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Was asked a few questions in regards to my resume, wrapped up the interview and was told I would hear back within a week. The same night I received the email inviting me to their second round interviews, or "Inside Look Program." The Inside Look Program was a 2 day event, with the first night being a dinner and networking event at different restaurants in the city, and the second day being a full day at the Chicago office. Presentations, ice breaker activities, lunch, and two 45-minute one-on-one interviews comprised the second day. The interviews were with a Partner and a Senior Manager. My interview with the Senior Manager consisted of going over my resume for 10 minutes, and then her opening it up to my questions for the next 35 minutes. Interview with the Partner was straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you when you had to make an unfavorable decision and how did you go about executing the decision.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

campus interview
    question: which class do you think most difficult for you?

Interview Questions
    • which class do you think most difficult for you   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Started with an on campus interview, very laid back and conversational. Then at the office a couple of weeks later there were two interviews. One with a senior manager which was more of an interview with behavior based questions and one with a partner which was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest concern about going into public accounting?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They are very helpful however.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

The first interview was at my university with a campus recruiter. It was a 30min conversation. Behavioral type of questions: Tell me about the situation when you did more than your team expected from you; tell me about how you had to say something unpleasant to your coworker or criticize him/her; how do you stay organized; Why did you decide on accounting program in this University; in a team do you prefer to be a leader or not; would you prefer to be a member of a winning team or a leader of losing team….
    Then there was an office visit/interview with a couple of presentations. The office visit included two 45min. interviews. Both interviews, with a partner and a manager, test your professional interest in accounting industry. interviewers asked about the previous internship experience, about my duties/responsibilities, how I helped to improve something, what I've learned, what kind of software I used.... It really helps to have some good questions to ask your interviewrs. I asked about some of the current industry trends and new developments ( I read about them beforehand)

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn during your previous internship that could help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question
    • What sets our company apart from our competitors, besides our employees?   Answer Question
    Hourly rate - not negotiable

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

On campus interview which led to an on site interview. Both went well and so accepted an offer,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

I was hired through campus recruiting. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is interview with a manager, and the second round are two interviews with manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • I feel the most of the questions are relatively straightforward, nothing too challenging.   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Very Laid back interview. Talked about my sister and football for the most of the time. Typical behavioral interview including resume walk-through and teamwork expirience and I got invited to a office visit.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

The recruiter is a graduate from my college who is currently a partner in the firm. I got to ask to describe myself, and several behavioral questions. The interview last for 20 mins.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as it is only the first interview

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2010.

Pretty standard interview, but there were some key questions that were asked that most likely disqualified me from the job offer. My interviewer was big on how many people I knew already within KPMG and also asked what recruiters I knew. Because I didn't know anyone, the interview changed drastically and I could tell they wanted nothing to do with me.

You may interview well, but make sure you know a few people within the place you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you networked with people and then later used this network to benefit you in some way? Be specific.   Answer Question
    • So how many professionals within the company do you know by name?   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2010.

I had an half hour interview with a senior consultant on campus. Then I was invited to an on site interview the same Friday. There were three interviews that day. Each around 30 to 40 minutes. Mainly behavioral questions, hardly technical questions. You have to know what you want from the company and why you want to be in the IT advisory. The office is in the center of downtown, very nice location. The people at the company are well dressed and mannered.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary for couple thousands dollars. but overall I think KPMG needs to pay higher.