KPMG US Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was for Enterprise Architect , my vendor submitted for this position and after couple days i have interview date and timings. I got call at the interview time and the interviewer started asking about my past experience and started asking these questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) The Projects i worked 2) Federation Indentity Software 3) Load Balancing Software 4) Enterprise Service Bus Software 5) Sever Infrastructure Setup 6) Linux Experience 7) SAML 8) Software Evaluation 9) Vendor Software Integration 10) MSMQ and MQ   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Consultant Interview

Interview

They invited me to dinner. It was a very relaxed and casual environment. Important to stay professional, but it is more of a character and "good fit" evaluation than anything. If you can make the right person like you during that meet and greet, the interview is more of a formality.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.in July 2014. There are four stages to apply for this role: 1. Online Application 2. Telephone Interview 3. Panel Interview 4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to. The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in KPMG, Financial Markets and Sales. The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here. The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage. I made it to the third stage and missed out. A note before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a forward and future? What is the difference between an option and future? What would you choose, an option or a future?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

kpmg interviewed me six times. three of them were face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you dont get a job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Nothing technical or accounting specific but rather looking to see if it would be a fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

interviewed at KPMG US (South Bend, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I was invited for an on campus interview. Some of the questions were very specific even though it was supposed to be behavioral. Interviewer seemed a little bit full of himself even and was not impressed by work experience as it was somewhat unconventional. However, the recruiter that landed me the interview after the career fair was very impressed so that inconsistency was quite frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted by email, then several phone interviews. Finally flew me to NYC for a "Face to Face" interview. Always knew what my status was due to good follow-up with the primary contact at KPMG. Was offered the job after my personal interview and things moved pretty fast to get me on-board.

Interview Questions

• I was told during the interview that I would not be responsible for bringing in business but after I started working, it was evident that in order to stay employed or be selected for additional projects, what business you brought in was part of your job!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Keep in mind the travel involved and the time away from family. They seem to like to pay high dollar but expect you to stay busy and every hour is "billed" to a client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. The first round of interview was with a Senior Consultant. The questions were basically based on my resume and then were followed by a few technical questions related to financial accounting and DCF. The next round was a final round with 2 Senior Consultants and the Managing Director.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through the DCF model: Questions on CAPM, Terminal Value and Beta 2. P/E or EV/ EBITDA? 3. What companies shall be considered as good LBO targets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with a manager and a managing director. Managing director appeared to be hyped up on something and edgy. Very hard to follow. Would not have worked for him if offered the position. HR appeared to be scrabbling and added a third interviewer in last minute which appeared to throw off the schedule. Not very well organized and did not leave a position impression of the company. Also, they continued to try and sell me on how KPMG has audit and tax relationships with companies so it is easy for them to move into the advisory consulting space with the same clients. This did not seem to be the case in practice for them and was not a logical sell.

Interview Questions

• No specific question just a very difficult person to interview with. Seemed like he wasn't sure where he was going with questions at any given time which made it impossible to put forth a good image.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2011.

Interview

Simple HR screen, than a hiring manager screen. Finally an in person interview in Boston with with 3 Sr. team members ( Managing Partner, 2 Directors) They seemed to be trying to sell me the position rather than the other way around. All and all it was a good experience, although they did not disclose the amount of travel that was required/

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. It was more feeling me out on how I fit culture wise.   Answer Question