KPMG US

Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

They invited me to dinner. It was a very relaxed and casual environment. Important to stay professional, but it is more of a character and "good fit" evaluation than anything. If you can make the right person like you during that meet and greet, the interview is more of a formality.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.in July 2014.

There are four stages to apply for this role:
    1. Online Application
    2. Telephone Interview
    3. Panel Interview
    4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in KPMG, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

A note before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a forward and future?
      What is the difference between an option and future?
      What would you choose, an option or a future?
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

kpmg interviewed me six times. three of them were face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you dont get a job   View Answer
    no negotiation

Consultant Interview

The process was pretty standard. Nothing technical or accounting specific but rather looking to see if it would be a fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

I was invited for an on campus interview. Some of the questions were very specific even though it was supposed to be behavioral. Interviewer seemed a little bit full of himself even and was not impressed by work experience as it was somewhat unconventional. However, the recruiter that landed me the interview after the career fair was very impressed so that inconsistency was quite frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

Contacted by email, then several phone interviews. Finally flew me to NYC for a "Face to Face" interview. Always knew what my status was due to good follow-up with the primary contact at KPMG. Was offered the job after my personal interview and things moved pretty fast to get me on-board.

Interview Questions
    • I was told during the interview that I would not be responsible for bringing in business but after I started working, it was evident that in order to stay employed or be selected for additional projects, what business you brought in was part of your job!!   View Answer
    Keep in mind the travel involved and the time away from family. They seem to like to pay high dollar but expect you to stay busy and every hour is "billed" to a client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Met with a manager and a managing director. Managing director appeared to be hyped up on something and edgy. Very hard to follow. Would not have worked for him if offered the position. HR appeared to be scrabbling and added a third interviewer in last minute which appeared to throw off the schedule. Not very well organized and did not leave a position impression of the company. Also, they continued to try and sell me on how KPMG has audit and tax relationships with companies so it is easy for them to move into the advisory consulting space with the same clients. This did not seem to be the case in practice for them and was not a logical sell.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question just a very difficult person to interview with. Seemed like he wasn't sure where he was going with questions at any given time which made it impossible to put forth a good image.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

On campus interview which led to an on site interview. Both went well and so accepted an offer,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

The consulting company arranged the interview and it was quick and easy. KPMG is a global company and there are many people in the US on rotation from around the world. As such, many people do not have great English communication skills, and this can lead to misunderstandings. There are many, many consultants here, and they are given autonomy and expected to pick up the ball and run with it.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated with consulting company for a higher rate.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2009.

First send your information to the human resources via email, then they will notify you for further information if you get an invitation to interview. The interview will take place in the office. With the HR, director from the division that you are potentially working for, and the partner.

They want people who can work long hours and good work ethic. Over time working is inevitable - show that you don't care.

Interview Questions
    • We have a lot more qualified candidate than you. What makes you stand out from them?   Answer Question