KPMG US

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

South Bend, IN

I interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited for an on campus interview. Some of the questions were very specific even though it was supposed to be behavioral. Interviewer seemed a little bit full of himself even and was not impressed by work experience as it was somewhat unconventional. However, the recruiter that landed me the interview after the career fair was very impressed so that inconsistency was quite frustrating.

Interview Question – What are all the steps in introducing a new product?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by email, then several phone interviews. Finally flew me to NYC for a "Face to Face" interview. Always knew what my status was due to good follow-up with the primary contact at KPMG. Was offered the job after my personal interview and things moved pretty fast to get me on-board.

Interview Question – I was told during the interview that I would not be responsible for bringing in business but after I started working, it was evident that in order to stay employed or be selected for additional projects, what business you brought in was part of your job!!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Keep in mind the travel involved and the time away from family. They seem to like to pay high dollar but expect you to stay busy and every hour is "billed" to a client.

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – kpmg interviewed me six times. three of them were face to face interviews.

Interview Question – what would you do if you dont get a job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – The process was pretty standard. Nothing technical or accounting specific but rather looking to see if it would be a fit in their culture.

Interview Question – Explain a time you encountered something unethical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went with another company.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details – On campus interview which led to an on site interview. Both went well and so accepted an offer,

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Interview Details – Met with a manager and a managing director. Managing director appeared to be hyped up on something and edgy. Very hard to follow. Would not have worked for him if offered the position. HR appeared to be scrabbling and added a third interviewer in last minute which appeared to throw off the schedule. Not very well organized and did not leave a position impression of the company. Also, they continued to try and sell me on how KPMG has audit and tax relationships with companies so it is easy for them to move into the advisory consulting space with the same clients. This did not seem to be the case in practice for them and was not a logical sell.

Interview Question – No specific question just a very difficult person to interview with. Seemed like he wasn't sure where he was going with questions at any given time which made it impossible to put forth a good image.   Answer Question

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

Interview Details – The consulting company arranged the interview and it was quick and easy. KPMG is a global company and there are many people in the US on rotation from around the world. As such, many people do not have great English communication skills, and this can lead to misunderstandings. There are many, many consultants here, and they are given autonomy and expected to pick up the ball and run with it.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with consulting company for a higher rate.

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2009.

Interview Details – First send your information to the human resources via email, then they will notify you for further information if you get an invitation to interview. The interview will take place in the office. With the HR, director from the division that you are potentially working for, and the partner.

They want people who can work long hours and good work ethic. Over time working is inevitable - show that you don't care.

Interview Question – We have a lot more qualified candidate than you. What makes you stand out from them?   Answer Question

Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – The first step was a whole day in their facilities with a group of 6 people. We started by doing a math/logic test, then an interpretation test and an attention test. After that there was a group dynamic, discussing a case, then a business case to reach a decision on a topic, and an essay in english. In the end we did a personality test.

Interview Question – No enough time to do the math test   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took approximately 5 months.
Attended aptitude testing at their Hong Kong office, one numerical and one verbal, a 'la SHL except more questions. In general not expected to complete it.
Waited for one month for first round interview invitation, but as I am an overseas student, I could not interview at their Hong Kong office
Contacted one month afterwards to participate in a video conference at their London office
First round interview is with a manager, lasted approximately 1 hour 45 mins. Case study (with 1 hour reading), present your answer, followed by Q&A about the case study and CV.
Received second round interview two days later, able to interview over the telephone. Second round interview is with a partner, lasted approximately 40 mins. First half dedicated to motivational and fit questions, second half for you to ask questions. Be prepared with as many questions as you can.

Interview Question – Talk to me about the current financial industry in Asia.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!