KPMG US

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Director

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I have worked with KPMG India for 13 years and left when I was an AD. I was relocating to the US and enquired about positions available. I always knew that KPMG (and actually every Big 4) is not truly 'global' and they share little besides the brand name but I was very surprised to find that the US team (at the the guy I had a chat with) is pretty screwed. Though I cannot generalize, i was very surprised that they could have someone with such lack of professionalism as an MD (equates to AD level in India firm).
The interviewer did not ask a single question except 'take me through my resume' and after a 5-7 minute monologue from me had just this to say - 'we in the US do much better work than in the US' which i know is not true.
I saw prejudice and arrogance which was unexpected from a person the level of an MF.

Interview Question – No question - the decision was taken already prejudiced by sheer arrogance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was an internal hire

Negotiation Details – Useless. They added repsonsibility but declined my request for increased compensation

Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent recruitment process. KPMG made a prompt decision and took care of relocation.

Interview Question – How will you go about reorganizing the team that you may inherit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was managed by a very senior audit partner who put in atypical elements into the negotiation. The HR Recruiter was very good at counter balancing what would have otherwise felt like a transactional negotiation.

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

Interview Details – They seem really disorganized. Each one has sent me a different link to fill out information. Asked me to sign up for career alerts, fill out an online application...yet no one seems to have a copy of the resume I posted. When confronted politely (this is what your colleague sent me, do you need additional information) they flounder. If this is representative of their systems and processes I am not sure I want to work here.

Interview Question – Have you faced an ethical dilemma and what did you do about it.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seeing how disjointed and unorganized they were I could tell a lot about the company and prospects here.

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with HR which lasted half a day. Second interview was with another HR rep, a Senior Manager, Partner, and a Senior partner. Third return to the firm was a job offer.

Interview Question – Most were behavior questions and a few case questions as I was being interviewed for Advisory Services.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was pretty much non-negotiable. Perks are quite competitive, however, the salary is within the industry standard.

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2009.

Interview Details – Fine, perhaps a bit drawn out but bearable

Interview Question – Presenting to agency doing assessment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Push harder for a better salary!

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US Director interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.