KPMG US Director Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

I have worked with KPMG India for 13 years and left when I was an AD. I was relocating to the US and enquired about positions available. I always knew that KPMG (and actually every Big 4) is not truly 'global' and they share little besides the brand name but I was very surprised to find that the US team (at the the guy I had a chat with) is pretty screwed. Though I cannot generalize, i was very surprised that they could have someone with such lack of professionalism as an MD (equates to AD level in India firm).
The interviewer did not ask a single question except 'take me through my resume' and after a 5-7 minute monologue from me had just this to say - 'we in the US do much better work than in the US' which i know is not true.
I saw prejudice and arrogance which was unexpected from a person the level of an MF.

Interview Questions
  • No question - the decision was taken already prejudiced by sheer arrogance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

I was an internal hire

Useless. They added repsonsibility but declined my request for increased compensation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Excellent recruitment process. KPMG made a prompt decision and took care of relocation.

Interview Questions
    • How will you go about reorganizing the team that you may inherit.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was managed by a very senior audit partner who put in atypical elements into the negotiation. The HR Recruiter was very good at counter balancing what would have otherwise felt like a transactional negotiation.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

They seem really disorganized. Each one has sent me a different link to fill out information. Asked me to sign up for career alerts, fill out an online application...yet no one seems to have a copy of the resume I posted. When confronted politely (this is what your colleague sent me, do you need additional information) they flounder. If this is representative of their systems and processes I am not sure I want to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Have you faced an ethical dilemma and what did you do about it.   View Answer

Seeing how disjointed and unorganized they were I could tell a lot about the company and prospects here.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

Initial interview was with HR which lasted half a day. Second interview was with another HR rep, a Senior Manager, Partner, and a Senior partner. Third return to the firm was a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most were behavior questions and a few case questions as I was being interviewed for Advisory Services.   View Answer
    Offer was pretty much non-negotiable. Perks are quite competitive, however, the salary is within the industry standard.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2009.

Fine, perhaps a bit drawn out but bearable

Interview Questions
    Push harder for a better salary!

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!