KPMG US

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

EVS Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had a phone interview with a professional from the Valuations Group at KPMG New York Office. It was about half hour long, started with me talking thru my resume, highlighting course work that would be applicable to the position. A couple of general questions of why KPMG. The interviewer was very nice and approachable, readily gave his feedback about his experiences and background, it was more conversational than formal interview. We discussed valuation methods and which ones were mostly used in industry vs school setting.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through DCF valuation and describe how you would calculate WACC   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they gave.

EVS Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through my school's career website and then was invited to second round interviews. I was interviewed by four people and then they made there decisions quickly after second round. First and second round interviews where really just getting to know you, your previous experiences, and how you handle different situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Applied online through on-campus recruiting. 1-on-1 interview on campus. 3 1-on-1 interviews at Philadelphia office. It is important to meet as many people as you can so make sure you attend all of the "optional" events before the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be a cab driver making $500,000 a year or President of the United States?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Went to various events on campus until I formed a relationship with the recruiter. Recruiter thought I would be a good fit for the position. She gave me the phone number of one of the team members. I called and asked some questions about the job. I had one interview on campus and then went to the office for 3 more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward walk me through your resume questions.   Answer Question

Associate EVS Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Applied through career services via my University, and had an on-campus interview with the director of EVS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Applied on campus and received interview invitation soon. A reception was scheduled before the interview day for candidates to ask questions and mix up with current employees and other candidates. Overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions: What's your favorite course? Do you prefer working independently or within a group?   Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

applied through campus career service and got the on-campus interview. interviewer is a partner. It was basically easy questions focusing on the resume and why evs, and general easy questions to build rapport. Then invited to Inside look program. It was two 30 minutes interview. before that, there is a department presentation. Then hava lunch together with all EVS staff. also staff panel included.

Interview Questions
    • one technical question asked by on-site interview seniro manager, how do you value a company's common stock.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2010.

I had 5 1:1 interviews (2 with partners and 3 with managers) and went to lunch with an associate and a manager. The interview was completely behavioral. Be able to explain your past experiences well. Prior valuations experience, though not a must, is also important.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you and your manager had a difference of opinion on a matter and tell me how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2008.

We had an on-campus interview that was pretty straightforward, just trying to get a feel for personality. Then it was straight through to the super-day in NYC, where we had 3 interviews, several panels to which we could pose questions, and a happy-hour/speed-recruiting event that was a lot of fun.

Didn't try to negotiate.