KPMG US Forensic Associate Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

I had the interview with an senior Forensic consultant on campus. She was very nice throughout the interview. We introduced ourselves in the beginning, and she asked some behavior questions. They were quite easy, but also be careful about some off guard questions, such as"Describe a mistake you made". One piece of advice I would give is to be genuine and show interest in their questions. They can really tell! Prepare some good questions for the interviewer in the end.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2010.

This was the first round of interviews, and it was on campus. The prior evening they had a pre-recruiting session where we got to interact with a few executives. This session was really helpful to know the company and the people better, and really calm your nerves. The interview was in the career center the next morning, and was with a director-level employee in forensics. It was very relaxed and laid back, mostly behavioral, informal questions. This interview was more like a friendly conversation and less of an interview. I was called two days later and asked to come for the second round: the Inside Look Program at the headquarters in New York.

Forensic Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

The first interview took place on campus. I interviewed with a manager from the service line in which I had applied for a position. Following a successful first interview, there was a second round interview that took place on site in the KPMG office. This visit consisted of multiple 30 minute interviews with different team members from forensics. There were about five candidates, including myself that were present for this day of interviews. It was very laid back for the most part. The interviews were primarily behavioral, and a few of them felt more conversational rather than the typical question-answer format of an interview. The total interviewing time lasted about 3-4 hours. We were also taken to lunch by quite a few members of the team during the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for KPMG, and why in particular are you attracted to this position?   Answer Question
    • Fairly typical interview questions   Answer Question
    The salary was very reasonable so I did not attempt to negotiate. However, their starting salaries are based on market standards so I am not sure if there is any flexibility available.