KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship
Munich (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – the telephone interview with two managers was lasting more or less one hour. Everyone presented themselves and then they started asking me about my professional and educational background and expereinces. i needed to provide detailed information of my previous working experiences (internships) and motivate why I have chosen a specific focus during my studies.

Interview Question – knowledge about international accounting standards.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – managers were friendly.

Associate Interview

Associate
Cologne (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, personal fit test, small case-studies

Interview Question – What would be a reason to leave our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, as it was my first job.

Tax Consultant Interview

Tax Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, Numerical test, 2 interview

Interview Question – Why kpmg not other 3 big four   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, afterwards phone interview including standard cv and german accounting standards questions.
Next step was an interview with one partner, one senior manager and one hr. Again cv-questions and accounting standards.

Interview Question – In how far impacts IFRS 9 the business of German commercial banks   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Good company, but decided to go on with my studies first.

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Detailled online application process, including upload of letter of motivation, cv and references, comparable to other companies. The letter of motivation needs to be copy&pasted into the form, structuring it is though then. Unfortunetly it looks unprofessional, but I suppose this is not taken into account.
One interview by phone, one in person. The whole process took about 3 weeks.
Questions about:
Strengths and Weaknesses,
Previous Job Experiences,
Knowledge about the Company

Interview Question – Why should we take you and not someone else?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cyber Intrusion Associate Interview

Cyber Intrusion Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

Interview Details – KPMG Recruiter contacted me 3 different times narrowing down my requirements and positions that interested me based on my experience. My mistake I agreed to interview for a position that was not managerial - I had been a manager for the previous 3 years. Shifting to a completely technical position was not a good move on my part. I should have turned the interview down and held out for a leadership role. Overall, very professional, even though I could not answer the questions I liked the process. Hiring manager interview was very straight forward - soft HR type questions that determine how you think. The 5th interview was the technical side ranging from Windows thru Unix. having never worked in a unix world I could not answer the questions even when I was doing the work. overall very professional and I did enjoy the experience.

Interview Question – Identify the indications of compromise within a UNIX Apache server.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – During the internship I was responsible for some process documentation and validation in the IT department. Besides, I developed a tool, to improve the process documentation especially concerning completeness. For that reason the interview questions were very special about IT and process architectures. The interview was very efficient in communication.

Interview Question – What was the most unexpected thing within your studies?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details – One interview with HR and future manager.

Interview Question – The go through every line in your CV.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate about salary. However, they are pretty flexible about starting date.

Internship At Audit Commercial Clients Interview

Internship At Audit Commercial Clients

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I first met KPMG during a career fair at my university. I talked to a representative and he took my data to include it in their online application tool. After this I did not hear anything for some weeks, but then everything went quite quick.
They gave me acess to their application tool and most data were already entered, so I only had to upload my documents, letter of motivation and CV. It was a little disappointing that entering my data took them so long, but I was not in a hurry.
Some days after I had submited my application, they called me and we scheduled an interview for Friday of the same week.
The interview took place in their office in Munich. It was one of the hottest days so besides being nervous, I was also sweating. However, the two women in the interview were very nice and my nervosity disappeared quickly.
We were talking about my former experiences and internships and they tested my accounting knowledge. Most questions were not that hard and there were no brainteasers, although a friend warned me before.
The whole interview took about an hour.
I received the offer on Monday of the next week.

Interview Question – -   Answer Question

Intern Advisory Corporate Finance Interview

Intern Advisory Corporate Finance
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Sent my CV + Resumee via the Website. Got contacted and invited for an interview at Stuttgart a couple of days later.
Asked me about my CV, plans, etc.
Little bit about accounting topics (depreciation, etc.) and Valuation (DCF). But very basic. Focus was definitely on personal fit.

Interview Question – What are the relevant factors for you to evaluate the attractiveness of a company out of the perspective of a potential buyer?   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!