KPMG US Graduate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Interview

First you upload your personal information, after that there is a situational test where they provide with a video and a scenario and you have to select the best and worst option. Then there are numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After that there is a phone interview that lasts about 45 minutes and an assessment centre follows that.

Interview Questions
  • Pick a company that has had some difficulties recently and propose 4 things that would help their problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Graduate Interview

Online aptitude tests - numerical reasoning, reading graphs and percentages, verbal reasoning, reading a passage and comprehensive understanding, phone interview - standard competency questions, assessment centre and final partner interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a company you think is successful at the moment, and 4 reasons why?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

I passed the online tests and had a telephone interview. The interview felt a bit rushed and the interviewer called late and told me she was ill. They asked all the questions you'd expect from the competencies listed on their website. Make sure you have a good few examples for each one as in the feedback I was told that it was only one question which I slipped up on.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a question on a time I had delivered quality and, according to feedback, I had not provided a clear enough example.   Answer Question

Detailed on their website

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

We will not post reviews containing:

Rants, venting, or obscenities
    Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)
    Aggressive or discriminatory language
    Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
    Content not relevant or helpful to our community
    Text in ALL CAPS or using excessively poor grammar
    Please read our Community Guidelines for more information about our review criteria.

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied for transaction services - got through to telephone interview stage. You talk to someone who works in your department, not HR. The questions are all competency based; 3 of the 5 ones they tell you they will look for. There are a couple of situational judgement questions i.e. what would you do in this situation. There are also the standard why KPMG, why this department questions. Commercial awareness is really important, make sure that you know a company that is doing well/badly and four factors that contribute to this. There was also a question on a company that is expanding globally.

Interview Questions
    • Four factors that have contributed to a company's demise   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

1st round phone interview. Very typical competency based questions. The interviewer pretty much just went through the key competency listed on their career website and asked for examples of relevant past experience, so be prepared with lots of examples of yourself. The interviewer was nice, but seemed a bit impatient sometimes. So try and make your answer concise and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an occasion when you have to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I had to fill out a very long internet form. I didn't get past this stage and I was given no feedback as to why. I think they are looking for the cheapest people they can get, because I met the requirements they specified, but may have been overqualified with a PhD.

Interview Questions
    • Using a company of your choice, explain why you believe it has been successful or unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

One face to face interview with Director and Manager level employee. One group interview (approx 6) with HR

Interview Questions
    • Very few technical questions asked - all very situational questions. Group activity was not difficult and very similar to other vacationer interviews at other firms.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2011.

Good communication through out the entire process. Relaxed interview with a director and a partner, they just went through my CV and wanted to know why I wanted to work for the company and what I thought the job entailed. I had an interview on a friday and was offered the job on monday morning.