KPMG US

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruiting. Took about 6 months to complete entire process. Began with an aptitude test. Contacted a few months later for interview. 1st interview was behavioral. Was contacted two weeks later with result. Next interview was technical. Contacted two days later for final round which was behavioural and technical.

Interview Question – GAAP rules I was supposed to have known   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons that are unrelated to the company.

Graduate Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2013.

Interview Details – We started with a written aptitude test that consisted of numerical and verbal tests over a period of one hour. The next hour involved creative judgement test that consisted of judging a situation and giving as many solutions to the problem as possible. After three weeks, we were invited to a group assessment. In this process 40 candidates were invited at a time. 10 of them were selected randomly for a brief interview before being split for the group assessment. It actually involved a panel interview of five minute. A 'tell us about yourself question' to all interviewees, and another customised question for each interviewee. Then there was a group assessment where there was a group problem to be solved. the group was split into two groups each with 5 members. We then had to argue points so that we could convince the other team to see from our perspective. Here, one has to take care not to be overly silent or over-shadow other team members. After three weeks, there was an invitation for career briefing, where candidates were given a chance to choose 3 functions within KPMG which interested them and rank them accordingly. In that week, there was an invitation to managers interview in proceeding week. The interview took approximately 25 minutes and three managers. Two were managers within the function one chose and one from the HR department. We were responded to within a week and I was unsuccessful. The others were invited for partner's interviews and it was just warming up for the task ahead.

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

Interview Details – Having been an intern previously, I knew what the role was going to entail, although it was a different country. The interview process was very similar: Tests (verbal reasoning, maths, etc), a manager interview, and a Partner interview. All management had a very relaxed interview technique. Although filled with questions, they made me feel at ease which helped me answer the questions in a completely new way to what I may have otherwise rehearsed. Interview was very smooth and conversation-like. Very positive feedback and helpful when it came to answering questions I had posed to them.

Interview Question – "When have you had to make a difficult decision with little information and no time?"   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 rounds- GD & PI
GD- FDI in India. Boon or a bane. Simple topic. Needed brief understanding of commerce
since most of us were of the commerce backgroud
PI- Very genral. Show confidence. Your half way there :)

Interview Question – Nothing much. Everything was easy if you keep your cool   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2008.

Interview Details – First Round Interview + Assessment Day

Interview Question – What is the current challenge facing by our clients   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Graduate Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Case study, followed by a partner interview and director interview.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty normal.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2008.

Interview Details – First round face to face interview + Second round assessment day& partner interview

Interview Question – current challenges facing by the business   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2012.

Interview Details – CV Analysis
Online English & Logical Examination
Group Dinamics
Interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed salary

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!