KPMG US IT Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.8

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Attended a happy hour meeting before then, asked around a lot. Met a few partners, everyone seemed friendly enough though no one could explain what IT attestation was, which was the specific role I applied for. During the interview I ended up flat out asking the interviewer what it was and based on his reaction, thought I would not make it past the first round. Surprisingly, I did.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Interviewed with Partner, who was very helpful in answering my questions, and one other associate. And besides that, the interview process was pretty standard. I was asked some basic behavioral questions. Afterwards, some associates took all of the candidates out for coffee so they could ask more questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a group teammate did not do what he was supposed to do, and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • DBA can delete the logs of his own activity. How do you audit in such a scenario to check for fraud?   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

First i applied through my campus university website. I got invited to an on campus interview. The night before i attended a pre-interview dinner at a restaurant. The next day i had an on campus 30 minute interview 1:1 with a senior IT Associate. I met my interviewer the night before at the dinner. The dinner plus the on campus interview was very relaxed and casual.

After my on campus interview the next day i got a call inviting me to attend the second round interview in 5 days. The second round interview was 8 hours long. It consisted of presentations , team building exercise, 2 back to back interviews, and then dinner. This whole 8 hour day is very relaxed and nothing to worry about. The people that work for KPMG are great people and very kind. All the interviews you will have with them will be conversational based. Just talk to them. They want to hear about you and what you know.

So then two weeks later i got the "Congratulations" Call.

Hope this helps!

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. The salary they offered to me was fine with me. I was happy with what they offered me.

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

The entire process was very well structured. There are 2 stages to the interview: one is on campus and the other is an all expense paid on site visit. Communications are very prompt. The on-site visit consist of two interviews, a tour of the facilities, and lunch. Everyone i met were extremely friendly and positive, this includes senior managers. The campus recruiter took us out for dinner after the offers came out so he could answer any additional questions that we may have and just to hang out with us. The logistics for the on-site visit are well managed with an online booking system that lets you book flights in under 5 minutes. The hotel was very close to the office (literally 5 minutes away). One can tell that they genuinely care about the potential candidates and the employees in that in the wealth of information packets they gave out, there are information for where to find good housing options and tips on where to enjoy yourself in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think is ultimately attributable for the financial crisis of 2008?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Allied through college website. Invited for a trivia night on the eve of interview. It was a good opportunity to interact with interviewers in an informal setting. The interview was fairly easy with questions based on the resume and experience. The interview was for 45 minutes. I received very positive and encouraging feedback during interview however I was not invited to second round of interviews. The employees came off as warm and collaborative in nature. Only issue was that I was led to believe that I will be invited for second round but I did not get the offer. Take any on the spot feedback with a pinch of salt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

had a on-campus interview which was pretty easy with all the behavior oriented questions, then was called up for the on site interview in New York city.Had a set of 1:1 interviews in the second round which was more like going through the resume, your interests and so on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Started with a Phone Screen where the outcome was somewhat unclear for a couple of weeks. Got a call out of the blue where I was notified that I had made it to the office visit stage. The receptionist at the office, once I got off the elevator, was a little bit rude. She did not greet me with a smile (as I was accustomed to from other firms/offices) and told me I could wait in the lobby area right behind her desk.

I interviewed with a Senior Manager and a Partner. Both were extremely short-lived (30 mins) where they basically wanted to get an idea of me and what my interests were. I stressed about it and had prepared a lot of answers for questions I did not get asked. Typical questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "why advisory?" were definitely hit on. However, I was surprised that I did not get the "Why KPMG?"

Lunch with a Senior and Associate level staff followed the interviews. The lunch was nice, but I didn't get the best impression from the Senior. They struck me as a little bit conceited and trying to sell KPMG too much (at that point, I had already been sold...it was a little over the top for me)

If I had to offer some advice for other candidates, make sure to be aggressive and know where you stand in the interview. Don't wait until afterwards to wonder "well, did I make a good impression?"

All in all, I didn't get the position. However, I would have to say that I was disappointed seeing as I how I really wanted the job and felt like it was a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

I applied through my school's career services website and got an on-campus interview. This consisted of going through specific items on my resume with a senior advisory associate. There were some simple technical questions, but only because I had mentioned specific technical experience on my resume. HR said I would hear about the outcome in two weeks, and in exactly two weeks I received a phone call inviting me to the on-site interviews.

For the second round of interviews they put me up in nice hotel adjacent to their office building the night before (seems like fewer companies are doing this lately). There were two 1:1 interviews, both with managers in Advisory. The first was another round of going through my resume and talking about myself, and the second consisted of the manager asking me some typical behavioral interview questions from a list. Afterward some younger associates took the candidates to lunch. Overall it was a nice experience; everyone was friendly and positive about their work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used your authority to prove a point.   Answer Question

Associate IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Originally contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone screen with him and then another phone interview with a senior manager. I was then asked to come into the office for another round of interviews. In the office, I met with 3 other people (manager, senior manager, partner). The interviews in the office were much different than I expected. The were extremely nice which helped create a more relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much of a negotiating phase. The offer I received was fair.