KPMG US IT Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.8

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus' job site and was invited to a first round interview on campus. There was a reception the night before the interviews, which was a great chance to meet people at the firm that were doing the sort of work I wanted to get into. Further, I was actually able to speak with my interviewer for a good amount of time, so we already knew each other going into the interview. First (and second round) were almost entirely behavioral, KPMG was mostly just curious about my technical IT-related skills - it seemed more important that I had an interest in technology rather than what I could code, etc. You definitely still need to know your resume and your experiences well, be able to answer all of the common behavioral interview questions, as most of them are asked. Second round, which was on-site, there were two interviews, one with a director and one with a partner. The partner interview was definitely a little bit "tougher", in that he was definitely digging into who I was and what sort of employee I would be. I was also able to get a very real view of what the job would be like from the director, which was awesome. Overall it was not a difficult process, just be excited to be there and make it very clear what your intentions are (for a full time job, an internship, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Chose not to negotiate, as the initial offer was very good

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Overall a very smooth and easy process.

Applied through university and received a first round interview. There was a networking dinner the night before at a nearby restaurant, which was a great opportunity to meet employees and interviewers. The actual interview was super conversational. Met with a partner that was interested in getting to know me. Basically just went through my resume. A couple days later received an email inviting me for the second round Inside Look program at the office in New York City.

Inside Look was a great program. Night before we got taken out to dinner with a few other candidates and few employees to a really nice restaurant. Very casual and great way to meet people you would be working with. The next day there was a breakfast and reception followed by the two interviews. Both interviewers were very nice. Pretty standard behavioral questions and definitely interested in why you wanted to work at KPMG/ to see if you were a good fit. After the interviews we were taken to lunch with more candidates and employees. Definitely want to wine and dine you. Lastly there was a Q&A session. Everyone was so nice and seemed to really be enjoying their work at KPMG. Got offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level position, not much room to negotiate

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very easy they are not trying to ask technical questions. They want to get a feel for who you are and see if you are a good fit for their firm. They also "Wine & Dine" all of the interviewers, which is a nice change of pace from the other Big Four.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview over all. The company its self is very intimidating but interview when great in my opinion. They try to recruit the very best people in the industry so you should be prepared for very heavy compaction. You want to prepare for the interview. It is generally pretty standard questions and there are also a few curve balls throghn in there

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Attended a happy hour meeting before then, asked around a lot. Met a few partners, everyone seemed friendly enough though no one could explain what IT attestation was, which was the specific role I applied for. During the interview I ended up flat out asking the interviewer what it was and based on his reaction, thought I would not make it past the first round. Surprisingly, I did.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's job platform. received an email that I had been selected for the first round of interviews on-campus. Attended the pre-night which was very casual and relaxed. The next morning was an interview with a Senior Manager, which was mostly behavioral questions. The interview was very laid back, and we were able to wrap things up with a conversation we both seemed to enjoy. I was then invited to the "inside look" program. The night before was a dinner with all of the managers, directors, and partners. It was a great experience, everyone was very conversational. The next morning we each had three interviews with different members of management. Again, mostly behavioral. The partner didn't even ask any questions, we just had a conversation about KPMG, the practice, and clients the office provides services to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a character on your favorite television show who you believe represents you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is not negotiable. But fair for the market.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. Had a pre interview session the night before and then interviewed in the morning. Heard a week later that I was not being offered an additional interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you were challenged as a leader?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Partner, who was very helpful in answering my questions, and one other associate. And besides that, the interview process was pretty standard. I was asked some basic behavioral questions. Afterwards, some associates took all of the candidates out for coffee so they could ask more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a group teammate did not do what he was supposed to do, and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Interview

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• DBA can delete the logs of his own activity. How do you audit in such a scenario to check for fraud?   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Started out with the phone conversation. Leading to 3 interviews during the same day. After the interviews were completed, escorted out by the last interviewing manager or HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a difference of opinions with your manager.   Answer Question