KPMG US IT Advisory Associate Interview Questions

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Originally contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone screen with him and then another phone interview with a senior manager. I was then asked to come into the office for another round of interviews. In the office, I met with 3 other people (manager, senior manager, partner). The interviews in the office were much different than I expected. The were extremely nice which helped create a more relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
There wasn't much of a negotiating phase. The offer I received was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2010.

After the phone interview was called to NYC for 2 interview round. The process started from 9.30am to 9.30pm in the night. Two 1:1 interviews, presentations, asked to make a group presentation and finally something called speed recruiting based on speed dating concept. 5 interviews in 40 mins each for 8 mins. Questions were based on experience based and also what if types. A interviewer wanted to know answers to typical scenarios which required brainstorming of ideas.

Received an offer the next day. But it was way too low to be accepted. Its like 50% less than my other software position offer from another company. I wanted to take the job but I dont think I ll be able to even survive with the salary KPMG offers that too in NYC. If any KPMG recruiter reads this please do something to increase ur salary structure. Being a masters student with 2 yr experience I am being given same salary of that of an undergrad. Hmmfff....better I stick with my Software job than, paying from my parents pocket to live in NYC

Interview Questions
    • Ques were scenario based. If client is in some situation how u as a consultant would advise.   Answer Question

Offer too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

There was a pre-interview meet and greet with hors d'oeuvres that was really pleasant. It was nice to meet the person you'd be interviewing with in a more casual setting. My interview consisted of a conversation with someone who was enjoyable but knew little about the department I'd be working in and gave me little opportunity to showcase my true (and applicable) skills. I never received a reply from my thank-you and it took several weeks and an email in the middle of the night on a Saturday to inform me that I wasn't invited to further rounds. The process was certainly pleasant, but I don't feel I was given the adequate opportunity.

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Only behavioral questions and the interviewer was nice to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation happened to you for the last one year and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Went for the on campus recruiting first round interview with KPMG for their IT Advisory practice. Was very informal and behavior based. Great experience and was sent email 3 days later saying I got the second round interview in New York.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Very Laid back interview. Talked about my sister and football for the most of the time. Typical behavioral interview including resume walk-through and teamwork expirience and I got invited to a office visit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2010.

I had an half hour interview with a senior consultant on campus. Then I was invited to an on site interview the same Friday. There were three interviews that day. Each around 30 to 40 minutes. Mainly behavioral questions, hardly technical questions. You have to know what you want from the company and why you want to be in the IT advisory. The office is in the center of downtown, very nice location. The people at the company are well dressed and mannered.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary for couple thousands dollars. but overall I think KPMG needs to pay higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

My interview was basically basic behavioral: Tell me about your self, experiences with the companies I worked with. They were specifically interested in a few projects due to their requirement in that domain. Lasted about 50 minutes and was called for second round at two different locations.

I guess they were interviewing for some specific projects.

Interview Questions
    Well yet to interview in the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2010.

The hiring process was done very professionally. They were on top of everything and I was always kept in the loop. The hiring manager was always respectful and made things easier on me throughout the whole process. The interviewers were very positive and the questions were reasonable. They were behavioral questions that centered around team work, dealing with conflicts in teams, working with people, etc. There were also questions about what progress the interviewee is making toward their career goals right now.

Interview Questions
    • When you bring up past experiences in order to answer their behavioral questions, they will ask you more details about the situation and how you handled it and problems you may have encountered. They get a little specific so know how to highlight the key points and remember things you accomplished so you don't get trapped.   Answer Question
    I wasn't really given a chance to negotiate, but I was given the higher end on the salary scale (based on the salary band I have seen on this site)

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2007.

Had three rounds of interview at the office before the on-campus interview.

Met with a Partner, Senior Manager and Manager. The interview process was very professional and I interacted with people who was not interviewing me.

Interview was a discussion about my background, experience and to see if I match with KPMG.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges you faced in your previous work   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate much. Looks like they have some set salaries for the level I was coming in.