KPMG US IT Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.8

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

The overall experience was well put together and came across well. It took basically a whole day and consisted of a presentation by one of the managing partners and then two 1v1 interviews, followed by a staff panel which was there to answer our questions. The people were very personable and I didn't meet anyone who I didn't like. With that said, it's hard to separate the sales-pitch from the the real deal but from what I could tell it was pretty genuine.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any real specific questions or structure to the interview that I could tell. Just general questions about my resume and past related experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2007.

Campus interviews were followed by onsite interview requests from KPMG. Once on site, there was a dinner with Managers and Partners with some basic activities geared towards allowing the KPMG personnel to get to know the recruits a little better. The second day was filled with interviews (2 1-hour long) and a group activity. The purpose of the group activity was to determine how the person acts in both a group and team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle an unethical situation dealing with an authority figure.   Answer Question
    I would not consider negotiating coming out of college. Unless you have another solid offer, I would be happy with the offer they put on the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2007.

Had three rounds of interview at the office before the on-campus interview.

Met with a Partner, Senior Manager and Manager. The interview process was very professional and I interacted with people who was not interviewing me.

Interview was a discussion about my background, experience and to see if I match with KPMG.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges you faced in your previous work   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate much. Looks like they have some set salaries for the level I was coming in.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

About 6 interviews, mostly case based interviews, more IT Audit questions

Interview Questions
    • There will be more business / IT case based questions, no technical questions for IT Advisory positions   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

I came in late to the interview process so I can not speak to the process of recruitment but the final interview process is a 2 day event. The first day, you sit through a lecture from the partners on why KPMG is so great to work for with all the other people interviewing. Then you go to dinner with your competition and senior management, be aware that everything you do at dinner is being taken into consideration, but just be natural, they want to see that you are a real person, the next day you have a series of 3 interviews.

no negotiation

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Interviewed initially on-campus at my university. Did well at the initial interview, so I got an invitation for the in-house interview. Met with 3 managers; all very personable and nothing too tricky.

Just be yourself, and be honest on your expectations and what you will bring to the company. Don't need to over-hype or over-sell yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where your leadership skills were tested.   Answer Question
    Tried and failed... initial offers are pretty much set in stone.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

All the associates I interacted with were very friendly and hospitable. They asked questions based on my resume, and technical skills.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

first interview was on campus. they ask you why you want to work for advisory and to tell them what you know about advisory. then they ask you behavioral questions and go down your resume. 2nd round were at the office and it was more laid back. you got to meet people you would work with and they got you excited by telling you what your job would be like.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2010.

Started with a phone call from HR. Talked about the position and asked me to walk her through my resume. Next phone call was with a partner. Same resume walk through. 2 more phone calls with senior associates. They were very polite. Finished with a trip to the office where I was interviewed by two of the four people I spoke with on the phone. Resume walk through. Questions about readiness on PowerPoint and Excel. Easier than original assumption.

Interview Questions
    • Please design on the whiteboard what a concise PowerPoint presentation slide would look like.   Answer Question

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Received interview through email. Somewhat disorganized as it was the first year that the IT-CA training position was opened up for KPMG. Did not even realize what position I was being interviewed for until the actual interview (Emailed and Phoned Human Resources and anyone I could reach but could not get a response back). Asked standard personal and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging thing you have done up to date and what did you do to prepare and complete the task?   Answer Question