KPMG US IT Advisory Intern Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interviewed on campus and then on site in New York for the day. Had lunch, office tour, and interviewed with two individuals.

Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Two rounds of interviews. The first one was 30 minutes on-campus. The interviewer was a manager and he had a lot of behavioral questions to ask, so he spoke really fast. He gave positive feedback and seemed to like me. The second interview was at the Seattle headquarters from 10:30 AM to 3 PM. The first hour included a company overview. Then the next hour and a half was dedicated to lunch with the professionals. After that, from 1 to 3 PM were four back-to-back interviews with managers, each lasting 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

First interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with a senior manager of IT Advisory which took place at my school. Got a call about a week later telling me I've been selected for a 2nd round (KPMG Inside Look Program) in NYC. The program was a whole day of events that started from 12:30 to about 9PM. There were 2 1:1 interviews (behavioral stuff, walking through resume) then we were broken into groups then a presentation by a partner took place. Afterwards we all went to a restaurant where KPMG had booked for us. There, there was an open bar and a short mingling session. After about half an hour or so, the speed recruiting process took place. You were put in a group with 1 or 2 partners, and every table had either an associate or a manager or senior manager or partner of KPMG. Every 8 minutes, you would hear a whistle and move onto the next table. You had to sit at 5 tables in total. Afterwards, it was an open-seating buffet style dinner. I got a call back from them after 2 or 3 days letting me know they'll be sending me a job offer letter in the mail. It was generally a very laid-back, fun day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Interviewed on campus with a local recruiter from Boston. Was very polite and receptive to questions. The recruiter asked very general basic questions for interviews such as:

What leadership roles have you help? Tell me about a difficult group project? What are some of your interests?

Interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and took about that long. About two weeks later I received a phone call from the New York office recruiter saying that I have been accepted into the next round of interviews in New York city. They paid for my transportation and hotel for the day before and day of. Walked over from the hotel to the main office (only 2 or 3 blocks) and had a small breakfast with them and then the interview day began.

A partner from the New York office began by speaking to all the interns at the office with a presentation discussing KPMG's acitivites and each of the areas that we would be interviewing for. There was a period of questions. Afterwards the New York recruiter spoke to us about the intern experience and what makes KPMG a good place to begin your career. There was some sort of promotional movie involved and then before lunch there was a group activity where each group was given a topic discussed in the presentation and with the help of one full time KPMG employee we were supposed to elaborate on the topic and give a skit/presentation on it. The winning group got some free prizes (free KPMG bags and luggage tags). There was a break for lunch and afterward we were pulled upstairs one at a time for two interviews with managers. One strictly behavioral the other more technical based.

After all the interviews were complete we were free to go back to the hotel.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked in a group environment and had to overcome a difficult problem?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe IT Advisory consists of?   Answer Question
    Since it was an internship there was no negotiation. About 3 days after the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter and was invited to be an intern for the summer 2010. A packet followed in the next few days with all the documentation I was supposed to sign and return.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

I applied through my university's career services website. They took us out to a pre-interview dinner the night before the first round interview. There were 8 candidates for IT Advisory at my table, with 4 current KPMG employees. During the dinner (which had about 40 students total for all other practices), they made a presentation about the firm to give us more information. The dinner was definitely enjoyable and a great way to showcase your personality.

The next day I interviewed with the manager who was at my table, so I already felt very comfortable around him and he had a sense of what I was like. Four of the eight of us got asked to come to the second round interview, which was about two weeks after in NY. It was an all-day event that consisted of info sessions, panel discussions, networking, two more 1:1 interviews, and speed recruiting. Speed recruiting takes place at the end of the day before the dinner where you spend about 2 minutes with each employee and then rotate. It was definitely a lot of fun.

I received a call the next day giving me the offer for the internship. Very timely.

Everyone was very friendly. I think showing that you have good interpersonal skills because everyone seems very focused on people at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember. They were pretty much based on resume and just going through that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

The inhouse interview took me almost a whole day. I met with one sr, and two senior manager. The questions are resume walk through and basic behavior questions. Everyone asked me about " Why do you want to work in IT advisory?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2008.

The interview with the Detroit office was a good experience. It started with a manager interview in school. After clearing that I was flown in to Detroit where I met with a senior manager and partner for the 2nd round of interviews. There was a delay between the 1st round and when I actually flew down for the 2nd round. However the final offer was made almost immediately after my 2nd round interviews. Questions were behavioral for the most part with some discussion of my technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • No specific difficult question - Behavioral for the most part..   Answer Question
    I personally did not negotiate. Might be a consideration if you have something else on hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2009.

Got a phone interview with a Campus Recruiter. The interview was very quick and just a first round "talk" with recruiters. After this round, you get notified if you get asked back for second round interviews in a couple months. The second round consists of two half hour interviews with managers and a "speed dating" interview process where you talk to different employees for about 10 minutes and then switch.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a situation where you faced diversity of some kind and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

From campus career fair, I got an interview for IT Advisory in the summer.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!