KPMG US

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.7

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On-Campus recruiting, phone interview, office visit. Everybody is super nice, friendly and helpful. Communication was great and fast from the beginning. They put a lot of effort and planning into their office visits and you don't feel like just another candidate. It feels like everybody in the company is involved in recruiting and you meet tons of professional from Associate to Partner throughout the recruiting process.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was pretty easy. Had a coffee initially with someone from the office then a couple days later had two behavioral interviews back to back with two higher-ups from the office I was going to be working in. They vet you as a candidate beforehand so these interviews seemed to simply be a way to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. When did you have to lead a team through a tough situation? When were you faced with an issue with your boss?   Answer Question
    I was an intern so I'm pretty sure negotiating was out of the question.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Went through campus recruiting and got accepted to interview on campus. Very simple. There was a pre-interview reception with a lot of employees and recruits. This was a good way to meet the young professionals and partners. Before the interview they had interviewees decorate pumpkins. Do whatever activity they have waiting for you.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me about something. Interviewers husband was interested in buying puts/calls on Apple stock, what should he do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I went for an Interview at KPMG through my school's career website. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and a couple weeks later, I got a reply for an interview on my campus. The day before the interview, I was invited to a KPMG social gathering for all the students applying to meet some KPMG employees. The environment was super laid back and very comfortable. I was able to meet a lot of the employees and current interns that gave a lot of great advice and information about the company.
    The next day, I went in for the interview. The interviewer was a manager working at KPMG, not an experienced recruiter. The interview was very laid back, just like the social from the previous night. Rather than a question and answer session, it was more of a conversation and a time to get to know each other. There were many times where we were laughing and talking about his current clients.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you came across a conflict? How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to few recruiters during Meet the Firms, then applied through our career website. Few days later I was invited for the on-campus interviews, then was called in two days for an invite to the office for another rounds of interviews. The office interview will take place two weeks after the first interviews, and there will be a welcome reception the night before.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you from other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Recruited through career fair. First round interview was on campus. They take you out to dinner the night before the interview and you get to meet some of their professionals. The interview was easy. I met with a senior manager and just asked questions for 30 minutes. I heard back about round 2 a couple days later. Round 2 was on site. They book a room at a nice hotel and take the interviewing group out to dinner the night before. At the office, you get a buddy who shows you around, answers questions, and takes you to two interviews with a manager or senior manager. Same interview process as the first round. I met with 2 easy going managers and asked questions the entire time. The day ended after your buddy takes you to lunch. Since they were still bringing in people from other campuses, I didn't hear back until 3 weeks later. The senior manager I interviewed with called me and gave me a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The offer was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I applied through my college. I met some staff at the reception, and they were extremely friendly. The on-campus interview was behavioral, nothing too hard or challenging. At the second round interview, I had the chance to meet the partner, who had a good sense of humor, and all other staff. The interviews were even more relaxing. They just wanted to know about me, my personality, and my work ethic. After the office visit, I felt like it's a place that I would love to go to work every day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Applied on campus, sent resume, cover letter, transcript. Got asked for a first interview, very relaxing! The interviewer only asked a few questions and we just talked. Interview was about 50 minutes, but didn't seem like it! Got asked back for 2nd interview next week! This is a great company and I hope I get to intern here. Everyone I've met has been so down to earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straightforward- where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Applied through my college campus. Interview took place on campus. The Firm hosted a pre-interview dinner. The dinner was very interactive and the interviewers attended. Interviewers asked questions at the dinner and asked us all to ask questions as well. Actual interview was mostly resume review and some behavioral questions. Interviewers and recruiters were very helpful and kind.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the type of work this position calls for?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online via campus, first round interview then a month later got a call back for second round interview. Went into their office and met with a manager and a principal. Got to network with some other associates/directors. Then a month later got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, but most started with "tell me about a time when... you were in a difficult situation" a lot them sounded like the same question re-phrased.   Answer Question
    entry level/no neogtiation