KPMG US Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual interview, the whole thing was pretty conversational and they did not ask any questions about the company or the department. They focused almost solely on my resume and would ask me detailed question about the points I had and the positions that I have held. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I spoke with a senior manager. He was polite, but I got the distinct feeling that he had already made up his mind about me. That being said the interview was smooth and easy going. No behavioral or knowledge based questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

After submitting resume for screening, was offered an interview on campus. Second round interview was in the office, with a few managers. Mostly resume based or behavioral questions, trying to gauge if it would be a good fit at the office.

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Oxford, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an interview applying through the university's career site. Interviewed with a Partner for a intern position. He asked only behavioral questions for 45minutes straight and only left a couple minutes for questions. I have a DUI and got asked about that as well. I interviewed with 3 from the Big 4 and KPMG was by far the hardest interview, but that probably depends on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a position of team leader and failed? How did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Great process. Everyone was very easy to talk to. They made me feel comfortable. The interviews were long, but the time passed quickly. I was fully informed about the inner workings of the company as well as what my position as an intern would be. Questions were mostly resume based with some classic ones thrown in about strengths and weaknesses. The whole process was very efficient.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. I did not make it past the first round. The interviewer never smiled and made the whole interview uncomfortable. I was not asked about knowledge or skills. I was asked odd questions like what animal would I be. I am pretty certain I was disqualified because I smiled during my interview. It was a horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal., what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Literally none. Maybe I got lucky, but my entire interview was just a conversation with the lead partner about school and sports. He asked about what were my favorite classes and what sports I enjoyed. He asked about my life and we just had a basic conversation. No questions about my future or anything accounting related was asked.

Interview Questions

• Literally none. Maybe I got lucky, but my entire interview was just a conversation with the lead partner about school and sports. What classes I liked and etc..   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was set up through government agency that helps minorities get internships. Ended up getting to the interview late but called in before to let them know that I was going to be late. They were very understanding. Allowed me to meet the team after the interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online after attending their info session at my school. Had a pre-interview reception the day before interview and you meet with the recruiter and interviewers. 30-minute behavioral interview for first round on campus, if you don't hear back within a week then you probably wouldn't have a second round. Second round at the location you applied for, all day event with partners and associates. Travel reimbursed

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral questions. The interviewer's comment on my interests was a little weird. He said it was wacky...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Had a first round on campus and a second round at the office. The first round was with a manager, and the second round with a manager and a partner. Everyone is very nice and personable. During the second round, they really try to sell the firm to you.