KPMG US Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I went for an Interview at KPMG through my school's career website. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and a couple weeks later, I got a reply for an interview on my campus. The day before the interview, I was invited to a KPMG social gathering for all the students applying to meet some KPMG employees. The environment was super laid back and very comfortable. I was able to meet a lot of the employees and current interns that gave a lot of great advice and information about the company.
The next day, I went in for the interview. The interviewer was a manager working at KPMG, not an experienced recruiter. The interview was very laid back, just like the social from the previous night. Rather than a question and answer session, it was more of a conversation and a time to get to know each other. There were many times where we were laughing and talking about his current clients.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you came across a conflict? How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to few recruiters during Meet the Firms, then applied through our career website. Few days later I was invited for the on-campus interviews, then was called in two days for an invite to the office for another rounds of interviews. The office interview will take place two weeks after the first interviews, and there will be a welcome reception the night before.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you from other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I applied through my college. I met some staff at the reception, and they were extremely friendly. The on-campus interview was behavioral, nothing too hard or challenging. At the second round interview, I had the chance to meet the partner, who had a good sense of humor, and all other staff. The interviews were even more relaxing. They just wanted to know about me, my personality, and my work ethic. After the office visit, I felt like it's a place that I would love to go to work every day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Applied on campus, sent resume, cover letter, transcript. Got asked for a first interview, very relaxing! The interviewer only asked a few questions and we just talked. Interview was about 50 minutes, but didn't seem like it! Got asked back for 2nd interview next week! This is a great company and I hope I get to intern here. Everyone I've met has been so down to earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straightforward- where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online via campus, first round interview then a month later got a call back for second round interview. Went into their office and met with a manager and a principal. Got to network with some other associates/directors. Then a month later got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, but most started with "tell me about a time when... you were in a difficult situation" a lot them sounded like the same question re-phrased.   Answer Question
    entry level/no neogtiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Met recruiters at career fair and applied online at KPMG's site. Received an on-campus interview and was invited to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Met very outgoing, personable KPMG professionals. On-campus interview was for 30 minutes with a partner of the Dallas office. Felt more like a conversation and less like an interview. Head back within a week or so with an offer to visit the office. Between the interview and the office visit, there were several social outings with the company where I met more professionals from the Dallas office and some current interns.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you dealt with the problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

I met a recruiter who then passed on my information to HR. I received a call about 6 months after meeting the recruiter at a career fair. She asked if I would meet the academic requirements and a quick and professional hiring process occurred for the next month.

Interview Questions
    • The second interviewer on my in person interview asked very concise questions that were technical. Like please describe your involvement in X. When I mentioned some of the techniques that were used in X he asked everything regarding who what where when and why surrounding X.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Went to campus recruiting event and got invited to a first round interview on campus. Made it to second round in NYC for their Inside Look Program. It was a 2 day event and very casual and relaxing. Had 3 interviews the second day. They really were trying to get to know the candidates

Interview Questions
    • Wouldnt say there was a difficult or unexpected question, just basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I was selected for a first round interview through my college career center. The interview was on campus, and lasted half an hour. It was a one on one interview with an audit manager. All the questions were straightforward (mostly behavioral). A lot of the interview was conversation; ultimately he wanted to get an idea of who I was and if I would be a good fit for the office.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, all behavioral. Go in having a few stories you can draw on for various behavioral situations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, got second round interview