KPMG US Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

More of a conversation than interview. I interviewed for internship during college so the interview process is more relaxed. I am not sure how the direct hire or transfer interviews are, but I think senior management made up their decision before you were interviewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

(1) Networking events: career fairs, information session, social events (2) Online application: resume, transcript, cover letter (3) Interview Pre-select: school's online system (4) Sign up for Interviews: school's online system (5) Interview: conversational, formal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very laid back and easy. I applied on the school website and got an interview at school. There was a dinner the night before which was fun and laid back. Then the next morning was the interview. They asked me tell me about yourself and asked what my favorite class was. In the next two days I got a phone call saying I made it to the office visits. The people were awesome and very nice. Very great experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career services and was asked to sign up for a campus interview, but I did not sign up because I did not think I needed another internship. 8 months later, a KPMG recruiter contacted me about an additional winter internship opportunity. After a phone conversation with the recruiter (which I did not know was an actual interview), I was told that they would comtact me about an office visit. The office visit was a great experience. They checked me in at a nice hotel the night before. On the day of the interview, the candidates were given a tour around the office (which has an awesome view). The other candidates had an HR recruiter and either a manager or a partner interview them for about 30 minutes each, but for some reason I was interviewed by both the manager and the partner (I guess it worked to my advantage). They did not ask hard questions at all. There were a question or two about my resume, but it was mostly conversational. I asked questions about the firm from start to finish, asking about recent events that the company has been involved in. It was a very easy interview. After that, associates took the candidates to lunch to answer any questions we may have and to give us an idea of what it's like working for KPMG. 5 days later, I was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you had an experience working with a difficult person? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual interview, the whole thing was pretty conversational and they did not ask any questions about the company or the department. They focused almost solely on my resume and would ask me detailed question about the points I had and the positions that I have held. No behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One in-office interview, no phone interview. Interview was very casual. Interviewer was very respectful and showed genuine interest in my resume. The interview itself was short. The interview was more like a chat about my previous experiences and how they can apply to the position and what the position entails.There weren't any specific technical or behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I spoke with a senior manager. He was polite, but I got the distinct feeling that he had already made up his mind about me. That being said the interview was smooth and easy going. No behavioral or knowledge based questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

After submitting resume for screening, was offered an interview on campus. Second round interview was in the office, with a few managers. Mostly resume based or behavioral questions, trying to gauge if it would be a good fit at the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Great process. Everyone was very easy to talk to. They made me feel comfortable. The interviews were long, but the time passed quickly. I was fully informed about the inner workings of the company as well as what my position as an intern would be. Questions were mostly resume based with some classic ones thrown in about strengths and weaknesses. The whole process was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Oxford, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an interview applying through the university's career site. Interviewed with a Partner for a intern position. He asked only behavioral questions for 45minutes straight and only left a couple minutes for questions. I have a DUI and got asked about that as well. I interviewed with 3 from the Big 4 and KPMG was by far the hardest interview, but that probably depends on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a position of team leader and failed? How did you manage the situation?   Answer Question