KPMG US

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.7

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I first put my resume through the company's online application system and was granted an interview with a conference. The interview at the conference was conversational, and not as difficult as I thought. The majority of the questions dealt with my leadership and teamwork skills. Afer this first interview I waited for 3 months before I heard anything back.

However, I was given a second interview at the actual office I preferred to work in. There were actually three conservative interviews during this process. All of the interviewers wanted to know my plans for my license, the extra thirty hours, and if I could see myself in the area for an extended period of time. The interviewers were very down to earth and easy to have a conversation with.

After my last set of interviews, I heard back 2 weeks later that they wanted to offer me a position.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever worked hard at something you really wanted and still failed? If so, what did you do?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Had a first round on campus and a second round at the office. The first round was with a manager, and the second round with a manager and a partner. Everyone is very nice and personable. During the second round, they really try to sell the firm to you.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied online on my campus career web site. The interview was held on campus. It was a behavioral interview - It was about 30 minutes long - We went through my resume, why I wanted to work for KPMG, and had a couple tell me about a time questions. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and he was pretty casual.

Intern Interview

Through campus career fair, and after almost one week, i have an interview on campus. I think the reciter is a senior manager. he looked nice, and the conversation was good. btw this was my first interview ever, so i was quite nervous

Interview Questions
    • Just behavior or resume based questions, nothing difficult or special   Answer Question

Intern Interview

basically went through my resume, talked about their department, then left half of time let me ask them questions. we also talked about hobbies, trying to figure out our common. overall, it was a very pleasant experience, really enjoyed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward and happened pretty quickly. I went to a job fair on campus and was contacted for an on-campus interview. After this, I was invited to an interview in the office. This interview consisted of 2 managers and they were pretty laid-back about the process. They asked a few behavioral questions but it was not too stressful at all. The interview ended with a dinner reception.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma and what was your response?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Biggest struggle when working with a group? Biggest weakness/ strength? Make sure you come prepared with many group work and team work situations, show your leadership, etc. Be confident, make eye contact, make sure to have questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked many behavioral and group/team work questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On-Campus recruiting, phone interview, office visit. Everybody is super nice, friendly and helpful. Communication was great and fast from the beginning. They put a lot of effort and planning into their office visits and you don't feel like just another candidate. It feels like everybody in the company is involved in recruiting and you meet tons of professional from Associate to Partner throughout the recruiting process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Recruited through career fair. First round interview was on campus. They take you out to dinner the night before the interview and you get to meet some of their professionals. The interview was easy. I met with a senior manager and just asked questions for 30 minutes. I heard back about round 2 a couple days later. Round 2 was on site. They book a room at a nice hotel and take the interviewing group out to dinner the night before. At the office, you get a buddy who shows you around, answers questions, and takes you to two interviews with a manager or senior manager. Same interview process as the first round. I met with 2 easy going managers and asked questions the entire time. The day ended after your buddy takes you to lunch. Since they were still bringing in people from other campuses, I didn't hear back until 3 weeks later. The senior manager I interviewed with called me and gave me a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The offer was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was pretty easy. Had a coffee initially with someone from the office then a couple days later had two behavioral interviews back to back with two higher-ups from the office I was going to be working in. They vet you as a candidate beforehand so these interviews seemed to simply be a way to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. When did you have to lead a team through a tough situation? When were you faced with an issue with your boss?   Answer Question
    I was an intern so I'm pretty sure negotiating was out of the question.