KPMG US

Average Difficulty
78 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Interview through campus recruiting. Straightforward process.

Interview Question – Mainly behavioral questions. Looking for fit.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very diffcult questions were using the star method

Interview Question – when was a time you had to chose one person over another   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I went through the initial interview on campus and then was invited to the office for the second interview. I did not get an offer from them, but I did receive an offer from another big 4 firm and am much happier there. The office was really small and it seems to be the last choice amongst big 4 firms for most.

Interview Question – Typical questions about experience, education, yourself, etc.   Answer Question

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

Interview Details – I met KPMG on campus through our yearly accounting career fair. They were all very nice people so I applied online through my campus job site. They evaluate your online application (cover letter, transcripts, resume) and ask for an on-campus interview if they see potential. On-campus interview consisted of a pre-event and a 30-minute interview with a manger/senior manager/partner. The interview was extremely casual and they just wanted to get to know you. I was asked into their in-house interviews where I met another manager and partner. They asked some interview questions but nothing too out of the ordinary. I had an overall great experience interviewing with them! Very nice people-- the firm is doing great in terms of growth and have a lot of potential to do great things!

Interview Question – What is something I should know about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I interviewed to be a summer intern in their tax function in their San Francisco Office. The interview was at my university's career center and it was quite straight forward. there typical behavioral questions as well asking you to elaborate on a certain portions of your resume. If you get there early, you have your own greeter who is there to answer any last minute questions.

Interview Question – Why Tax?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was conducted by a senior manager, who was energetic and easy to talk to. The senior manger asked standard interview questions about teamwork, overcoming challenges, and about past experiences.

The second interview was at their offices in Baltimore. Overall, there was a total of three interviews, conducted by one senior manager and two audit partner. All three interview were unique, one partner spoke the entire time, while another partner wanted to hear a extended elevator speech.

Interview Question – Come prepared with plenty of question. I had prepared 5 questions but by the second interview, I wished I had prepared more questions.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Interview Details – They openly attend events on campus and are seeking talent to employ. The process is very straightforward.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you faced adversity on the job and how you were able to overcome it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details – Pleasant experience. Very easy-going and I learned alot from the interviewers. The office culture seemed standard and a little boring during my visit.

Interview Question – What do you know about the position you are interviewing for?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview through our "Meet the FIrms" event at school. You first have to speak to the recruiter for a few minutes and give your resume. If the recruiter likes what they see from first glimpse, then you will be extended an interview offer at one of their offices. The actual interview was 100% behavioral. No technical questions, just behavioral questions based on your professional and academic experience. If you are to be accepted into this highly competitive program, you have to have superior academic performance (3.5+), leadership experience (either from a job or student organization), and some sort of professional experience and relate that experience to the position applied for. I had all but the grades. My grades weren't bad, but they weren't great, which is why i wasn't extended an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to juggle a lot of priorities at once and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Interview Details – Really nice and friendly people. All of the Big 4 make the process as painless as possible,

Interview Question – Name a time you you encountered a problem, and failed   Answer Question