KPMG US Intern Interview Questions

2.7

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview was obtained through a scholarship program guaranteeing two interviews with large accounting firms. KPMG presented for us during the leadership program and it was actually the same presentation as one presented earlier by Deloitte. It made the company look bad and unprepared honestly. The lady who interviewed me was quite strange. One question she asked me was, "Why choose KPMG? Do you prefer us over the other Big Four?" And she drilled me on that.

Interview Questions
  • Surely you have a top choice for the firm you want to work with? Threw me off because I wasn't prepared to say KPMG.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2010.

Asked detailed questions about financial services background. Accounting questions. etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Initially applied through on-campus recruiting and participated in a one-on-one interview at my school. Afterwards I was invited to a four-hour office visit, which consisted of a brief company introduction, 2 half-hour interviews, and a 2-hour lunch with their associates. I received the offer within 2 hours of completing the second interview. Everyone was very friendly, and the experience was enjoyable.

All the questions in the three interviews were entirely behavioral and often the conversation was rather casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

First round was on campus, then second round in office.

Intern Interview

Interview through campus recruiting. Straightforward process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Very diffcult questions were using the star method

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you had to chose one person over another   Answer Question

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

I went through the initial interview on campus and then was invited to the office for the second interview. I did not get an offer from them, but I did receive an offer from another big 4 firm and am much happier there. The office was really small and it seems to be the last choice amongst big 4 firms for most.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about experience, education, yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

I met KPMG on campus through our yearly accounting career fair. They were all very nice people so I applied online through my campus job site. They evaluate your online application (cover letter, transcripts, resume) and ask for an on-campus interview if they see potential. On-campus interview consisted of a pre-event and a 30-minute interview with a manger/senior manager/partner. The interview was extremely casual and they just wanted to get to know you. I was asked into their in-house interviews where I met another manager and partner. They asked some interview questions but nothing too out of the ordinary. I had an overall great experience interviewing with them! Very nice people-- the firm is doing great in terms of growth and have a lot of potential to do great things!

Interview Questions
    • What is something I should know about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

I interviewed to be a summer intern in their tax function in their San Francisco Office. The interview was at my university's career center and it was quite straight forward. there typical behavioral questions as well asking you to elaborate on a certain portions of your resume. If you get there early, you have your own greeter who is there to answer any last minute questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

First interview was conducted by a senior manager, who was energetic and easy to talk to. The senior manger asked standard interview questions about teamwork, overcoming challenges, and about past experiences.

The second interview was at their offices in Baltimore. Overall, there was a total of three interviews, conducted by one senior manager and two audit partner. All three interview were unique, one partner spoke the entire time, while another partner wanted to hear a extended elevator speech.

Interview Questions
    • Come prepared with plenty of question. I had prepared 5 questions but by the second interview, I wished I had prepared more questions.   Answer Question