KPMG US

2.7

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

I met KPMG on campus through our yearly accounting career fair. They were all very nice people so I applied online through my campus job site. They evaluate your online application (cover letter, transcripts, resume) and ask for an on-campus interview if they see potential. On-campus interview consisted of a pre-event and a 30-minute interview with a manger/senior manager/partner. The interview was extremely casual and they just wanted to get to know you. I was asked into their in-house interviews where I met another manager and partner. They asked some interview questions but nothing too out of the ordinary. I had an overall great experience interviewing with them! Very nice people-- the firm is doing great in terms of growth and have a lot of potential to do great things!

Interview Questions
  • What is something I should know about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I interviewed to be a summer intern in their tax function in their San Francisco Office. The interview was at my university's career center and it was quite straight forward. there typical behavioral questions as well asking you to elaborate on a certain portions of your resume. If you get there early, you have your own greeter who is there to answer any last minute questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Some basic Behavior questions with a partner, like why audit, why kpmg, a redo thing if you have another chance in a team assignment.

Interview Questions
    • At last, the partner ask me: if I did not pass you, what the reasons would you think I should tell others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2012.

Received an interview offer after participating in the Discover KPMG program. The Discover program provided an opportunity to meet potential coworkers and get a feel for the office culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

First interview was conducted by a senior manager, who was energetic and easy to talk to. The senior manger asked standard interview questions about teamwork, overcoming challenges, and about past experiences.

The second interview was at their offices in Baltimore. Overall, there was a total of three interviews, conducted by one senior manager and two audit partner. All three interview were unique, one partner spoke the entire time, while another partner wanted to hear a extended elevator speech.

Interview Questions
    • Come prepared with plenty of question. I had prepared 5 questions but by the second interview, I wished I had prepared more questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

I got the interview through our "Meet the FIrms" event at school. You first have to speak to the recruiter for a few minutes and give your resume. If the recruiter likes what they see from first glimpse, then you will be extended an interview offer at one of their offices. The actual interview was 100% behavioral. No technical questions, just behavioral questions based on your professional and academic experience. If you are to be accepted into this highly competitive program, you have to have superior academic performance (3.5+), leadership experience (either from a job or student organization), and some sort of professional experience and relate that experience to the position applied for. I had all but the grades. My grades weren't bad, but they weren't great, which is why i wasn't extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to juggle a lot of priorities at once and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Really nice and friendly people. All of the Big 4 make the process as painless as possible,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Pleasant experience. Very easy-going and I learned alot from the interviewers. The office culture seemed standard and a little boring during my visit.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the position you are interviewing for?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Prior to actually applying to KPMG, you should contact the local recruiter in order to participate in the Summer Leadership Program, where you meet people from around the office for a day and have a few informal interviews. We were required to fill out an application online prior to the due date for the on-campus interviews. A CV was also submitted with the application. Upon receiving notice of the on-campus interview, candidate would prepare and then once that interview was past (about half hour one on one), you would be selected for a second round interview at the office consisting of the whole day. You would first be put into groups for team exercises and a service project and then would have two 20 minute interviews with various levels. You then get about two hours to meet your spouse and then have them meet with partner spouses while you have a mini-social with people from the office. After that, you eat dinner with employees and their spouses and your spouse. Within 48 hours of this day, you will hear back to see if you get an offer or not. At the end of the internship, a full-time offer will be given if it is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you were working in a team and a team member did not contribute, or was detrimental to the team, and how did you respond to this situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't really on the table, as this position is uniform across many offices and others were given the same offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

They openly attend events on campus and are seeking talent to employ. The process is very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced adversity on the job and how you were able to overcome it?   Answer Question