KPMG US

Updated Dec 14, 2014
1,436 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Through campus career fair, and after almost one week, i have an interview on campus. I think the reciter is a senior manager. he looked nice, and the conversation was good. btw this was my first interview ever, so i was quite nervous

Interview Questions
    • Just behavior or resume based questions, nothing difficult or special   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Had phone interview with hr then brought in met with a managing director. After managing director met with a partner. Overall not a very hard experience the staff was very easy to talk to and seemed very interested in those with whom they interviewed and how the company could benefit possible employees

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the ordinary for an interview. Very basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Associate Interview

Applied through campus interview and got the second round interview. Second round interview started with presentation and followed by 2 interviews, each 30 minutes with director and partner.

Financial Risk Analyst Interview

The whole process took about 20 mins, asked multiple questions about stuffs on my resume, also asked about location preference and expected salary. After the interview, he said he will sort all the information and forward it to the transaction department as well as the financial risk department.

Experienced Hire Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I have about 7 years experience (with a masters and CPA) and applied to any and all positions I semi qualified for across all the Big 4. KPMG was not the first to contact me but they moved the quickest which I appreciated given my situation. After initial phone screen with recruiter I was scheduled for in office interviews. I met with two managers, senior manager and director. They all gave a bit of their background and then grilled me on my experience. One manager seemed a bit nervous themselves and it strangely put me at ease. The director, I felt like, hadn't really reviewed my resume (can't blame him) so his questions were high level experience ones- e.g. tell me about this line here. I had many questions and they all were helpful in answering them. Meeting stayed precisely on schedule. All in all a pleasant experience as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult or unexpected question perse, but the response to my response made me wonder for a bit. When asked what I did outside work hours to destress, the manager was pleasantly surprised (nothing crazy I volunteer for an organization) and mentioned they wish they would have seen that on my resume. I've never seen that suggested/done in the accounting world of resumes. It's on my LinkedIn account though. *shrugs*   Answer Question
    I asked for time to think about the offer as I had committed to additional interviews and was awaiting an interview date with another Big 4 and whether the offer was negotiable. Received increased offer the next day. Recruiter was very helpful and patient explaining non monetary benefits.

Intern Interview

basically went through my resume, talked about their department, then left half of time let me ask them questions. we also talked about hobbies, trying to figure out our common. overall, it was a very pleasant experience, really enjoyed.

Market Risk Advisory Interview

Applied from campus career center, got on campus interview. All technical questions, no resume. Then invited to Inside Look (company visit). 2 interviews, people very friendly. Basically go through resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward and happened pretty quickly. I went to a job fair on campus and was contacted for an on-campus interview. After this, I was invited to an interview in the office. This interview consisted of 2 managers and they were pretty laid-back about the process. They asked a few behavioral questions but it was not too stressful at all. The interview ended with a dinner reception.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma and what was your response?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through university. Whole process took about a month.
    Heard back about a first round interview a week after I applied. They held and informal meet and greet at a local bar in town. I met my interviewer and a few associates at the event. The next day I had a very laid back interview with a senior partner. We talked about sports and stuff for the first 10 minutes. Then he asked me some very basic behavioral questions and left me almost 20 minutes to ask him questions. Heard back about a 2nd round at their office less than 2 weeks later. Flew me to the city, put me up in a hotel. Took me to a very nice dinner and then had the interview the next day. Started with breakfast and some team building exercises. Had 2 back to back interviews, mostly conversational. No real behavioral questions at all. Just a get to know you get to know me type deal. Went as well as it could have gone. Super easy process. Got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What are have you done in the past 4 years that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Overall a very smooth and easy process.

Applied through university and received a first round interview. There was a networking dinner the night before at a nearby restaurant, which was a great opportunity to meet employees and interviewers. The actual interview was super conversational. Met with a partner that was interested in getting to know me. Basically just went through my resume. A couple days later received an email inviting me for the second round Inside Look program at the office in New York City.

Inside Look was a great program. Night before we got taken out to dinner with a few other candidates and few employees to a really nice restaurant. Very casual and great way to meet people you would be working with. The next day there was a breakfast and reception followed by the two interviews. Both interviewers were very nice. Pretty standard behavioral questions and definitely interested in why you wanted to work at KPMG/ to see if you were a good fit. After the interviews we were taken to lunch with more candidates and employees. Definitely want to wine and dine you. Lastly there was a Q&A session. Everyone was so nice and seemed to really be enjoying their work at KPMG. Got offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Entry level position, not much room to negotiate