KPMG US Interview Questions

1,358 Interview Reviews

2.8

Audit First Year Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Campus interview- asked a lot of behavioral question. Asked about my courses in college and how I am performing. Conversational style interview. Was selected for second round interview at their office.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where you faced an ethical issue. How did u handle it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Second round was an office visit where I interviewed with 3 people that were a mix of audit and tax. The remainder of the visit consisted of a presentation, office tour, and lunch.

Associate Interview

1. On campus info session. Connected with current employers.
    2. Invited to interview social at a local bar. They say it's optional, but it's a must to be considered.
    3. 1st round on campus interview. Went through resume and one case question.
    4. 2nd round in office interview. Entirely behavioral interviews and a presentation.
    5. Invited to interview social at local bar.

Campus requiter was very friendly and responsive.

Interview Questions
    • Apparently they weren't supposed to ask case questions, but one of them was "How would you go about doing a mass deployment of Office 365?"   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round interview was very friendly and relaxed. Didn't ask anything unexpected. They really wanted to know why I was going into tax, what I was passionate about, and how well I had thought through the public accounting profession. The interviewer was excellent and led the conversation well. I was impressed with her. I could tell she was looking to determine not what I knew about tax, but more about how intelligent of a person I was overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Winter Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through my school's homepage. After a week, I got a on-campus interview. I also participated in pre-interview reception. There were mostly alumni of my school in the pre-interview reception. I guess the reception is also a sort of interviews. On campus interview, there was a manager, she was very nice. Overall, regardless of the result, I had a great experience with KPMG.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Went through campus recruiting and got accepted to interview on campus. Very simple. There was a pre-interview reception with a lot of employees and recruits. This was a good way to meet the young professionals and partners. Before the interview they had interviewees decorate pumpkins. Do whatever activity they have waiting for you.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me about something. Interviewers husband was interested in buying puts/calls on Apple stock, what should he do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I joined KPMG as an experienced professional. My interview process was unusual and didn't follow usual interview procedures. I showed interest in joining the Big 4 and KPMG showed interest back. I went to lunch (wearing jeans) on a Friday with a partner, director and a manager, then a few days later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was mostly conversation with a discussion of why I wanted to join KPMG - which was the standard name, prestige, etc.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I came in at a higher salary than other experienced associates. But this hurt me in the long run as I didn't get a raise for another year and a half.

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through school career center website and was invited for the pre-interview reception the day before the interview. The interview I had was on-campus one-on-one interview with an audit manager. The questions were mostly expected, such as behavioral questions. It was not like a conversation, but like a typical interview.

Economics Valuation Services - Transfer Pricing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Was selected for an on campus interview. The interviewer came in late, so I could tell he was trying to speed up the process. The Interview questions were not as behavioral as I expected, but instead asked for my knowledge in transfer pricing and my background in accounting. As for transfer pricing, I was able to answer to a certain extent since I prepared, but after that, asking for my knowledge in accounting was quite unexpected. My transcript and resume (submitted previously) indicates that I have very little accounting/finance background, so I was set off guard. Other than those, it was pretty straight forward, asking me to introduce myself, and a random math question (what is 21*19?)

Interview Questions
    • How do you know the price for a blouse in Banana Republic down the street is "fair"?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had applied for the audit internship position through an online college portal. I was given a 1st round interview a few weeks after I had submitted my resume. The first round interview is held on campus and the 2nd round interview is held at the office location that you are seeking to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time that you were a leader. Why KPMG?   Answer Question