KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,635 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I applied through college program and went through 2 rounds of in person interviews. Both were with partners of the firm. The interview was more conversational and I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. Heard back within 2 weeks.

Valuation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I applied online through campus. Had an on-campus interview. I was later called for several on-site interviews + meet and greet with current employees. The interview questions were mainly behavioral , with limited technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

You go to a dinner the night before to meet who you will be interviewing with so you feel more at ease with them. The interview is very easy and conversational. Tell me about yourself, what do you like to do etc. Me and my partner ended up talking about sports the whole time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What do you like to do, Why did you choose accounting   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set salary

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through the on campus recruiting website at my school. The night before the first round interview, there is a dinner with all the interviewees. Make sure you are social so that the firm knows you can handle yourself in front of a client. The first round interview was a very casual 30 minute chat about my past experiences. He let me know on the spot that he is going to recommend me for a final round interview. Final round interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews with the office partners as well as a tour of the office. Great experience overall.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Found job advertised on LinkedIn. Applied onine. Received email from recruiter. Phone interview with screener, they went over my resume and asked about background and qualifications. Asked about why I was looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking at KPMG? What qualification do you feel are a fit for this position?   1 Answer

Interview process is ongoing, no final decision has been made.

Regulatory Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2015.

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews scheduled, one with a senior and the other with a director. The second interview with the Senior lasted 15 minutes.The questions were behavioral as well as based on the items in my resume. Be prepared to explain everything on your resume.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was nothing out of the ordinary with the interview process itself, I ultimately ended up interviewing with 3 different people prior to getting a job offer. The interview process ended up taking months, because a partner that I was supposed to interview with ended up being out of the country, then overbooked, then on-site with a client somewhere, then not available for other reasons...

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior experience in various areas listed on my resume. Where I had worked and what work I had performed.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

Accepted to the Discovery Leadership Program. On-Campus interview. It wasn't bad at all. Interviewed 1:1 with 2 Senior Managers. One was a conversation and the other was technical. The conversation consisted of speaking about myself and learning more about what he does. The technical interview consisted of asking questions about the statements, excel, and a straightforward brainteaser. Overall, not bad. The main advice is to be yourself and show your personality.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you the 3 financials and an M&A deal was recently executed, tell me how this would affect the statements.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made an impact in an organization.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

UNORGANIZED AND RUDE. I was emailed by a recruiter MONTHS after I responded to an opening, to schedule a phone interview.....I was told I had to send her my resume and also complete an online application (great, another hour of my time after I already did this once)....After two emails from her about scheduling, she replied telling me she's send a confirmation. Instead of receiving a confirmation, I received a generic response the nest day that I am no longer being considered for the position. No mention of why, no reason, just all of a sudden, after she'd already seen my credentials, I am not under consideration when she led me to believe that an interview was in the process of being scheduled. I intentionally waited to complete the online application because I already have a job offer on the table....I was only going to consider it since they called. I DON'T CARE. It's the principle of the matter and that I could have taken more of my time to go thru her process. I've grown tired of the treatment by these recruiters who should at the end of the day, feel EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. This is the SECOND time I've had an issue with KPMG...the last time they told me they were scheduling a call, I never received confirmation at all and the call came when I didn't expect it to - from an international number and someone who didn't speak English well enough to properly discuss the position, much less transcribe the call OR make decisions. Never again will I apply here.

Interview Questions

• Can I schedule a call with you this week?   1 Answer

Discover KPMG Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I applied online through campus and received a interview request about a month later. I interview on campus with a manager I the tax department. It was very behavioral and shriaght forward, running through your resume and making sure your a normal person with a good head on their shoulders. Just relax and be normal when going into an interview, it's easy once your say hello.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict within a group?   Answer Question