KPMG US Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2012.

Interviews was done in person and over a call. Had a call with a director and also a partner. Interview questions were standard, asked to describe career highlights and challenges

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  College Park, MD
    Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

So they took a really long time to get back to me, and they are known for keeping their maybes waiting for a long time. The pre-interview night was a lot of fun, but the person who interviewed me gave me a strong impression that it was a no within 30 seconds.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was that they commented about my GPA and looked extremely displeased. If that is the case for anyone interviewing with them, be sure to emphasize your other strong points.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Not very professional, interviewer were not prepared. It began with recruiters phone then telephonic interview and finally a group interview. It wasn't difficult however I liked the scenarios based questions that I was the best part about the entire interview process.

I got what I asked for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Had an on-campus interview followed by two rounds of interviews at the Atlanta office. The first round occurred after I applied through my campus recruiting office and the company came to the career center to interview candidates. This was the most difficult phase. The office interviews were more personality based and served as an opportunity for the candidate to interview the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Give a description of when ethics played a large role in a key decision.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Audit Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Expect some behavioral questions. I was hired from an internship position. Originally, i was interviewed on campus. I do recall some tough questions, but overall, the interview seemed more laid back than some of the other big accounting firms. Once I got past the on-campus interview, I did interview with several other members of management prior to being offered my full-time position after graduation.

There was no negotiation.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

The hiring process started with an Initial phone interview which I was asked mostly behavioral questions based on my background. After the phone interview I was scheduled to make an appearance on-site to conduct multiple interviews with a manager, senior manager and a director. Most of the questions asked on-site were also behavioral questions regarding why I wanted to work for KPMG and how my skills aligned with what the job required. Overall I thought the interview process wasn't too difficult. Most of the steps though out this process were very standard in terms of a typical interview at any other company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

FMR - Senior Associate - Reg Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at KPMG US.

Recruiter sets up a screening call. Then your resume gets passed to a managing director and a phone interview is set up. You will interview with 1 other person on the team during that same call. If all goes well, you will get called in for a face -to -face interview. You can expect HR to contact you 1-2 days later.

Negotiate everything! Salary and vacation. I did and they accepted my conditions.

Future Diversity Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

I heard about this opportunity from my university. I submitted an application online along with my resume. The recruiter called me in for an interview about a week later. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was very casual yet professional. The few questions asked were behavioral, the rest of the interview was very conversational. Make sure to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience in a leadership role. Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team. Tell me about a time where you had to work with a tough team member.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Applied through a campus career resource center, interviewed first round on campus. The interview was very conversational, the interviewer was very easy to talk to and did not ask anything more difficult than "tell me about yourself." She was very complimentary and we seemed to get along very well. After following up with the interviewer, I did not hear back from the company for 3 months and had already accepted an offer with another firm by the time that I did.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.in July 2014.

There are four stages to apply for this role:
    1. Online Application
    2. Telephone Interview
    3. Panel Interview
    4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in KPMG, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

A note before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a forward and future?
      What is the difference between an option and future?
      What would you choose, an option or a future?
        Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!