KPMG US

Updated Nov 19, 2014
1,410 Interview Reviews

2.8

Advisory Operations Risk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through college. Had first round interview on campus. Laid back, went through resume, talking about past experience, etc. No technical questions. Took a long time to get result. Did not get through to the second round. Not sure why as I had a pretty good experience with the interviewer.

Advisory IARCS Associate Interview

Applied through my school and usually you interview on campus but I was looking at an office in another city so I was given a phone interview instead, which was not preferred. Interview was about 30 minutes and I spoke to a senior manager who had been with KPMG for a while. She was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable but I tripped on some of the questions, which was probably the reason why I was not invited back for final rounds. Also, advisory roles tend to be more competitive.

Risk Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I was taken out to dinner the night the before so I could meet my interviewer although the next day he did not remember me. When the interview started, he didn't know what position I was applying for. Once we got on the same page of who I was and where I wanted to work, he started asking me some basic behavioral interview questions. I emailed him the next day thanking him for my interview and he replied with a very nice email.

Interview Questions
    • If you are missing a right parenthesis somewhere in your code, how would you find where it is?   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was very easy they are not trying to ask technical questions. They want to get a feel for who you are and see if you are a good fit for their firm. They also "Wine & Dine" all of the interviewers, which is a nice change of pace from the other Big Four.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On-Campus recruiting, phone interview, office visit. Everybody is super nice, friendly and helpful. Communication was great and fast from the beginning. They put a lot of effort and planning into their office visits and you don't feel like just another candidate. It feels like everybody in the company is involved in recruiting and you meet tons of professional from Associate to Partner throughout the recruiting process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was pretty easy. Had a coffee initially with someone from the office then a couple days later had two behavioral interviews back to back with two higher-ups from the office I was going to be working in. They vet you as a candidate beforehand so these interviews seemed to simply be a way to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. When did you have to lead a team through a tough situation? When were you faced with an issue with your boss?   Answer Question
    I was an intern so I'm pretty sure negotiating was out of the question.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Went through university's recruiting process. Was in a target school, but had a below average GPA for Big 4. Networked my butt off with all 4 and secured Round 1s with 3 of the 4. Heard back from KPMG within a week for 2nd round. 2nd round was office tour, met Partners, Managers and Staff. Office tour is mostly that, an office tour, with 2 back-to-back 30 min interviews with Senior Managers/Partners in the middle of the day. Behavioral questions for all interviews, if you're going into auditing thats just how it'll be for all Big 4 interviews. Heard back 3 hours after I got back from the tour.

No negotiation

Audit Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Phone Interview with HR person: Mostly behavioural questions
    Senior Manager Interview: went into more depth on my resume and wanted to find out how I carried out the accomplishments I listed on my resume.
    Partner Interview: Leadership questions. Wanted to know about leadership roles I had taken on the past and how I was able to multitask.
    Had lunch with two Senior Associates,where I was asked several more questions in a more casual setting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Your greatest personal accomplishment and the steps you took to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    No Negotation

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they gave.