KPMG US Interview Questions

1,608 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was nothing out of the ordinary with the interview process itself, I ultimately ended up interviewing with 3 different people prior to getting a job offer.

The interview process ended up taking months, because a partner that I was supposed to interview with ended up being out of the country, then overbooked, then on-site with a client somewhere, then not available for other reasons...

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior experience in various areas listed on my resume. Where I had worked and what work I had performed.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

Accepted to the Discovery Leadership Program. On-Campus interview. It wasn't bad at all. Interviewed 1:1 with 2 Senior Managers. One was a conversation and the other was technical. The conversation consisted of speaking about myself and learning more about what he does. The technical interview consisted of asking questions about the statements, excel, and a straightforward brainteaser. Overall, not bad. The main advice is to be yourself and show your personality.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you the 3 financials and an M&A deal was recently executed, tell me how this would affect the statements.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made an impact in an organization.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Discover KPMG Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I applied online through campus and received a interview request about a month later. I interview on campus with a manager I the tax department. It was very behavioral and shriaght forward, running through your resume and making sure your a normal person with a good head on their shoulders. Just relax and be normal when going into an interview, it's easy once your say hello.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

UNORGANIZED AND RUDE. I was emailed by a recruiter MONTHS after I responded to an opening, to schedule a phone interview.....I was told I had to send her my resume and also complete an online application (great, another hour of my time after I already did this once)....After two emails from her about scheduling, she replied telling me she's send a confirmation. Instead of receiving a confirmation, I received a generic response the nest day that I am no longer being considered for the position. No mention of why, no reason, just all of a sudden, after she'd already seen my credentials, I am not under consideration when she led me to believe that an interview was in the process of being scheduled. I intentionally waited to complete the online application because I already have a job offer on the table....I was only going to consider it since they called. I DON'T CARE. It's the principle of the matter and that I could have taken more of my time to go thru her process. I've grown tired of the treatment by these recruiters who should at the end of the day, feel EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. This is the SECOND time I've had an issue with KPMG...the last time they told me they were scheduling a call, I never received confirmation at all and the call came when I didn't expect it to - from an international number and someone who didn't speak English well enough to properly discuss the position, much less transcribe the call OR make decisions. Never again will I apply here.

Interview Questions

• Can I schedule a call with you this week?   1 Answer

Tax Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I met 2 senior person and the manager. All were very nice and professional. Most of the questions were behavior questions, no unusual tricky one in my case. Talked about my education background and previous work experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

HR phone screening, Interview with 2 Directors over the phone, Office visit.The office visit consisted in interviewing with Directors in the office. They give you a tour of the office and depending on the interviewer, questions could be from day-to-day life experience to ensure fit or prior professional experiences to check skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how this is relevant to the job you are applying now?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Participated in an interview to attend the Discover Leadership Program, and had two 30 minute interviews at the conference for an internship position. After the interview at the Discover Program, I received a winter internship offer for 2016.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced challenges within a group?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

30 -min face to face interview with the Director of the Advisory Services. On Campus interview. A very informal setting, relaxed and comfortable. They just wanted to know more about me and why I chose to apply and how this position could help me to advance in my career. They told a lot about the position as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why I'm interested in this role   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

More of a conversation than interview. I interviewed for internship during college so the interview process is more relaxed. I am not sure how the direct hire or transfer interviews are, but I think senior management made up their decision before you were interviewed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

(1) Networking events: career fairs, information session, social events
    (2) Online application: resume, transcript, cover letter