KPMG US

Updated Mar 2, 2015
1,493 Interview Reviews

2.8

Credit Risk Summer Interview

After I applied both on their website and through campus recruiting process, I received an invitation for an on campus interview, which asks basic information and job position preferences. Most of the questions are behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

After submitting resume for screening, was offered an interview on campus. Second round interview was in the office, with a few managers. Mostly resume based or behavioral questions, trying to gauge if it would be a good fit at the office.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at my university. I received an email two days later inviting me in for an interview and office visit. I interviewed with an Audit Manager and two partners. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was a great experience overall!

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

It was an on campus interview. I did not make it past the first round. The interviewer never smiled and made the whole interview uncomfortable. I was not asked about knowledge or skills. I was asked odd questions like what animal would I be. I am pretty certain I was disqualified because I smiled during my interview. It was a horrible experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal., what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

Literally none. Maybe I got lucky, but my entire interview was just a conversation with the lead partner about school and sports. He asked about what were my favorite classes and what sports I enjoyed. He asked about my life and we just had a basic conversation. No questions about my future or anything accounting related was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Literally none. Maybe I got lucky, but my entire interview was just a conversation with the lead partner about school and sports. What classes I liked and etc..   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

I submitted my resume through my career center on my college campus. I got an email a few weeks later. I came into the office and had two, 30 minute interviews with only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your resume, what are your strengths? Have any volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was extremely disappointed by the manner in which I was treated by the recruitment team at KPMG as this was not very reflective of the company's professional reputation or brand.

Before Christmas 2014, I had received an email from a KPMG recruiter from the "Experienced Hire Recruiting" department in Chicago. The recruiter had instructed me to fill out an internal KPMG application and had provided the link in which to do so. Upon my submission, the recruiter had reached out to say that she wanted to schedule an initial phone interview with "a member of the team".

Upon the initial phone interview, I was told by the team member that another member from the team would be reaching out to me by telephone within 5 days to conduct a technical interview. Since that discussion, I never received a call back and none of the follow up emails to the original recruiter were answered. I had even ventured to call this recruiter at the office to inquire. The number I had called contained the voice mail of another employee at KPMG and my voice mail was never returned.

Needless to say that I found this treatment to be very unprofessional to say the least. KPMG, and particularly the above individuals could have at least took two minutes out of their day to respond back with a simple answer yes or no.

Intern Interview

Interview was set up through government agency that helps minorities get internships. Ended up getting to the interview late but called in before to let them know that I was going to be late. They were very understanding. Allowed me to meet the team after the interview.

Future Diversity Leaders Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

This was an on-campus brief interview that took place with the recruiter. The process was fairly standard. I was asked the basic, general behavioral questions throughout the interview. Was asked to tell more about myself and why are I was interested, etc.

Regulatory Compliance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

I applied via my college internship database. The interview was on my campus, and it was with an associate. Most of the questions were behavioral. He talked a great deal about finding the right fit for their office. It was a relatively easy interview. I was not asked back for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • What unique aspect will you bring to the office environment?   Answer Question