KPMG US

Updated Jan 25, 2015
1,457 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Applied online after attending their info session at my school. Had a pre-interview reception the day before interview and you meet with the recruiter and interviewers. 30-minute behavioral interview for first round on campus, if you don't hear back within a week then you probably wouldn't have a second round. Second round at the location you applied for, all day event with partners and associates. Travel reimbursed

Interview Questions
    • Normal behavioral questions. The interviewer's comment on my interests was a little weird. He said it was wacky...   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Everyone was really friendly and the process was relatively simple: application, first round interview, then an in-house second round interview. The company does a great job of letting you meet people in the firm from a partner to associates as well as putting on social events. All interviews were really friendly and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me about my GPA and if being involved in so many extra curriculas hindered me from doing better in school.   Answer Question

Tax Processor Interview

Fairly simple. Just asked about your goals and went through the details of your resume. my recruiter was very honest with me, which i really appreciate. Really think if this is a position you want to be at. they do not like to turnover employees for a minimum of two years.

IT Attestation Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Very positive and motivating. Only Behavioral questions asked. All KPMG Professionals are welcoming. Had a lot of fun. On campus one on one interview with manager. On site interview with 2 partners. Pre night dinner is super relaxing and helps a lot to get through.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them.

Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp

They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables.

Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions
    • There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   View Answer
    Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Risk Advisory Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round phone interview. Pure technical about bonds duration convexity and options. The interviewers attitude is not very nice. The questions are mostly basic. However I was nervous and did not get all questions correct. The interviewer showed obvious impatience and kept interrupting me when I answer most of the questions.

Economics and Valuation Service Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. 2 rounds interviews in total, one on campus, one office visit. The Interviewer at the office was really mean though, he asked my view on the minimum wage law, which was unexpected at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me if increase the minimum wage in your state is a good idea or not, justify it.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview was with the Strategy Group. First Round was on Campus and was a 45 minutes mostly behavioral and a small case. 4 days later I was invited to Second Round and flew to their offices. Second round consisted of 2 back to back 45 minute interviews both half behavioral half case.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the total number of tires sold in the US per year   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Had a first round on campus and a second round at the office. The first round was with a manager, and the second round with a manager and a partner. Everyone is very nice and personable. During the second round, they really try to sell the firm to you.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

It is SAP GRC under the Advisory group. The first round interview was on campus with a director from another region even though I applied for the local office. The interview was 30-minute long. No technical or behavior question was asked. The conversation was smooth and nothing was unexpected. Just need to know the resume very well.