KPMG US

Updated Jan 26, 2015
1,463 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Applied online after attending their info session at my school. Had a pre-interview reception the day before interview and you meet with the recruiter and interviewers. 30-minute behavioral interview for first round on campus, if you don't hear back within a week then you probably wouldn't have a second round. Second round at the location you applied for, all day event with partners and associates. Travel reimbursed

Interview Questions
    • Normal behavioral questions. The interviewer's comment on my interests was a little weird. He said it was wacky...   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

One on campus interview and one in office interview. The on campus interview was more conversational with some behavioral questions mixed in. Mostly about working in a team and under high stress situations.

There wasn't any.

Business Analyst Interview

I was referred by a friend and took me two weeks to go through the process. I met two recruiters, 30 minutes each. But I failed after the first round due to my poor communication skills.

Audit Interview

Everyone was really friendly and the process was relatively simple: application, first round interview, then an in-house second round interview. The company does a great job of letting you meet people in the firm from a partner to associates as well as putting on social events. All interviews were really friendly and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me about my GPA and if being involved in so many extra curriculas hindered me from doing better in school.   Answer Question

Tax Processor Interview

Fairly simple. Just asked about your goals and went through the details of your resume. my recruiter was very honest with me, which i really appreciate. Really think if this is a position you want to be at. they do not like to turnover employees for a minimum of two years.

Marketing Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, phone talk with two team members, lunch meeting with hiring manager

Very pleasant and comfortable
    Majority of time was spent answering candidate questions

Interview Questions
    • How many levels of reviews and approvals are you accustomed to for external marketing pieces? (Mostly all questions center around ability to manage working with so many people and processes due to size of firm)   Answer Question
    • How do you keep your skills sharp and continue learning?   Answer Question
    Remember to take notes on your initial phone call so that you can refer to them later on if extended an offer.

Intern Interview

Interview was set up through government agency that helps minorities get internships. Ended up getting to the interview late but called in before to let them know that I was going to be late. They were very understanding. Allowed me to meet the team after the interview.

IT Attestation Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Very positive and motivating. Only Behavioral questions asked. All KPMG Professionals are welcoming. Had a lot of fun. On campus one on one interview with manager. On site interview with 2 partners. Pre night dinner is super relaxing and helps a lot to get through.

Risk Advisory Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round phone interview. Pure technical about bonds duration convexity and options. The interviewers attitude is not very nice. The questions are mostly basic. However I was nervous and did not get all questions correct. The interviewer showed obvious impatience and kept interrupting me when I answer most of the questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them.

Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp

They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables.

Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions
    • There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   View Answer
    Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it