KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
1,346 Interview Reviews

2.8

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through school career center website and was invited for the pre-interview reception the day before the interview. The interview I had was on-campus one-on-one interview with an audit manager. The questions were mostly expected, such as behavioral questions. It was not like a conversation, but like a typical interview.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round interview was very friendly and relaxed. Didn't ask anything unexpected. They really wanted to know why I was going into tax, what I was passionate about, and how well I had thought through the public accounting profession. The interviewer was excellent and led the conversation well. I was impressed with her. I could tell she was looking to determine not what I knew about tax, but more about how intelligent of a person I was overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Economics Valuation Services - Transfer Pricing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Was selected for an on campus interview. The interviewer came in late, so I could tell he was trying to speed up the process. The Interview questions were not as behavioral as I expected, but instead asked for my knowledge in transfer pricing and my background in accounting. As for transfer pricing, I was able to answer to a certain extent since I prepared, but after that, asking for my knowledge in accounting was quite unexpected. My transcript and resume (submitted previously) indicates that I have very little accounting/finance background, so I was set off guard. Other than those, it was pretty straight forward, asking me to introduce myself, and a random math question (what is 21*19?)

Interview Questions
    • How do you know the price for a blouse in Banana Republic down the street is "fair"?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had applied for the audit internship position through an online college portal. I was given a 1st round interview a few weeks after I had submitted my resume. The first round interview is held on campus and the 2nd round interview is held at the office location that you are seeking to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time that you were a leader. Why KPMG?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

The campus recruiter was too serious which made me very nervous in the interview. Questions he asked were all about behavior. I performed very well in the beginning, but felt much more nervous later.

Audit Interview

I'm still in the first round. Basically they would invite you to a pre-night reception to build connections with your interviewers the day before your interview. There you might get a chance to know his or her interview style. And my interviewer really likes behavioral questions. So all the questions she asked were "tell me about a time ...."

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions if you are prepared. One question she asked is tell me about a time your team failed to function properly   Answer Question

IT - GRC Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

I interviewed on campus. KPMG did a great job of making kids calm and allowing them to be themselves. In the waiting room there were recent hires from KPMG talking to students about how they like KPMG so far. My interview was very conversational. My interviewer asked me one question the entire time. The rest of the interview was me walking through my resume. Really thought I would get a second interview because I thought it was a very positive experience.

Audit Interview

Met at my college. They had a reception the night before interviews with sheets that had our interviewers on them. Was a great way to get to know your interviewer in a more relaxed environment. Very relaxed at every stage of the process. 30 minute interviews at our campus career center the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I went for an Interview at KPMG through my school's career website. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and a couple weeks later, I got a reply for an interview on my campus. The day before the interview, I was invited to a KPMG social gathering for all the students applying to meet some KPMG employees. The environment was super laid back and very comfortable. I was able to meet a lot of the employees and current interns that gave a lot of great advice and information about the company.
    The next day, I went in for the interview. The interviewer was a manager working at KPMG, not an experienced recruiter. The interview was very laid back, just like the social from the previous night. Rather than a question and answer session, it was more of a conversation and a time to get to know each other. There were many times where we were laughing and talking about his current clients.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you came across a conflict? How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Casual pre-interview event on campus, 30 minute campus interview with Senior Associate (audit), then 30 minute phone interview with a Tax Partner about a week or two later. Mostly basic behavioral questions and general about yourself, your direction/career aspirations, and your accomplishments. Both interviewers were very nice.