KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Initial contact by the recruiter, then a 30 minute telephonic interview with manager with only technical questions, then an onsite interview with Director and manager. Onsite interview was mostly with behavioural and job fit.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, only common interview questions   View Answer

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications Interview

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I send in my application and after about a month I was contacted for an intial phone interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I was called in for an interview with top members of the management team in the following week and two weeks later I got the results. The process was very efficient. I am not sure if they really wanted to hire. Managers made comments such as, "We want to see what is out there in the market".

Interview Question – Did you rely on PR for stories as a journalist?   View Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was chosen among 30 others for an interview. We were all allocated 30 minute slots and went in to interview with 2 interviewers, who mainly spoke about what the position entailed. They sat on opposite ends of the room, and left me in the middle, which was slightly awkward.

Interview Question – They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

EVS Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and received interview invitation soon. A reception was scheduled before the interview day for candidates to ask questions and mix up with current employees and other candidates. Overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – General behavioral questions: What's your favorite course? Do you prefer working independently or within a group?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiters are great at keeping in contact with you throughout the process but it takes a LONG time. Even after a job offer is extended to you make sure all your ducks are in a row before you give notice to your current employer. Things can get pushed out depending on when they need you.

Interview Question – What technical experience do you have that would best serve our clients needs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. I tried and got shot down. Ultimately it was more than I was currently making so I accepted. But substantial raises are hard to come by so knowing that now I wish I had tried harder.

Engagement Management Coordinator Interview

Engagement Management Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application for an administrative assistant position, within an hour a recruiter emailed me stating they were accepting applications for this position and if I was interested to please reply. So I did and luckily I was asked to be part of the phone interview. During phone interview I was told I was being screened to ensure I was ready to switch jobs (was employed elsewhere when I applied). After phone interview I was invited to in office interview for an hour where it was the usual question; walk me through your resume, explain a typically day at your current position, how would you deal with a difficult situation, would you be willing to workshops/classes in an area you might not be that strong in. Very straight forward questions, nothing hard.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but I would be prepared to explain your qualities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I asked but was told other people hired in the position were given the same salary.

Senior Associate - Software Developer Interview

Senior Associate - Software Developer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and set up an technical phone screen interview with a Manager. After that I was invited on-site for a face to face interview.

The on-site interview had three rounds with Directors who all had a computer science and programming background. The first one was with a Managing Director who went over the teams, projects, responsibilities, expectations. The second was a technical interview. The third one was a technical/what are you looking for in a role.

Overall it was very positive experience.

Interview Question – Design Patterns, Asked to implement a linq logic on the white board   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Immigration related stuff did not work out for me

Bus Process Consultant Interview

Bus Process Consultant

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for job online and didn't hear back, so I'd nearly forgotten about it when, four weeks later, I got an email. Had first phone interview two weeks after that. Went well. Had second and third phone interviews with different people every two weeks, so that the process was now going on six weeks. After third call, I was informed that the next step would be an in-person interview and I would be given more info once it was available.
At this time, I was offered a job by another firm. I was equally keen on KPMG and wanted to know if I'd made it to the next round. HR wasn't sure. Could not tell me. Said they'd let me know in due course.
Luckily I had the foresight to move on as I never heard back from anyone again, after all those interviews! Really unprofessional.

Interview Question – They ask questions specific to your area of focus. Mine were all IT-related.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through OCR. First round was an on campus interview with an alum, all behavioral questions. The second round took place a week later on site. I interviewed with 3 people within the group, had lunch with the team and other interviewees. Decision was made later within the same day.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work in transfer pricing?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Oxford, MS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Question – Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US interview questions and advice. All 1,260 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.