KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
1,305 Interview Reviews

2.9

KPMG Audit Interview

I was referred as an entry level position at KPMG. I received a phone call and rejected since my graduation credits are less than 150. I told them I will go grad school and they currently looking for only full time and do not have intern position openings.

IT Attestation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied via my college career site and was invited to interview. Round 1 was extremely casual, basically just a run down of my resume and a challenge I faced in each experience on my resume. I was invited for round two in NYC and it was two back to back interviews which were about 30 minutes. All behavioral questions which were easy but unfortunately my resume was extremely geared toward finance rather than information systems which is more what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time in school or work when you had to compromise?   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Interview

I went through the whole process. Dinner before the interview day, interviews, lunch, Q&A activities. I had 3 interviews in the morning. Two guys and one lady. They are very nice and the interview questions are not hard but you do need to prepare some knowledge of transfer pricing before you go. The last interview is relatively hard compare to the first two. I think I did pretty well for interviews because they didn't ask me many hard questions, not even current trend about transfer pricing. Then I went for lunch. I think the reason that I didn't get the interview is that during the lunch time I didn't talk much becasue I was very tired. I dont know exactly the reason but other candidates talked a lot during lunch time.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online via campus, first round interview then a month later got a call back for second round interview. Went into their office and met with a manager and a principal. Got to network with some other associates/directors. Then a month later got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, but most started with "tell me about a time when... you were in a difficult situation" a lot them sounded like the same question re-phrased.   Answer Question
    entry level/no neogtiation

IT Forensic Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Apply the position through university's career center. Social night before on-campus interview, 30 min on-campus interview for the first round, 1 day on-site interview for the final round. Most interviews are based on behavioral questions. (Why interested in forensic industry, related school projects and/or work experiences, etc) During the on-site interview, they will give you a great accommodation near their company in downtown, Houston, a company tour with the department representatives, 2-3 final interviews with supervisors and/or managers, and social lunch with the department representatives. Most interviews will be held on Friday and the whole on-site interview process takes a day. Most questions were not that hard to answer, but I think they are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of forensic industry, customer services and a lot of work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Requires deepen understanding of IT Forensic industry. It is hard to find general and detailed information about KPMG's IT Forensic services.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

It was campus recruiting. 1st round interview.
    I had an opportunity to talk to Tax Partner. It was 1 on 1 interview.
    I thought everything went well. Interview was more like conversational one.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied through campus and got selected for an interview. The interview was very basic and I was not asked any behavioral type questions. Mostly why I want to go into public accounting and why I wanted to work for KPMG. They also asked why I chose to be an accounting major.

Senior Associate, Audit Interview

Expect some behavioral questions. I was hired from an internship position. Originally, i was interviewed on campus. I do recall some tough questions, but overall, the interview seemed more laid back than some of the other big accounting firms. Once I got past the on-campus interview, I did interview with several other members of management prior to being offered my full-time position after graduation.

There was no negotiation.

FMR - Senior Associate - Reg Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at KPMG US.

Recruiter sets up a screening call. Then your resume gets passed to a managing director and a phone interview is set up. You will interview with 1 other person on the team during that same call. If all goes well, you will get called in for a face -to -face interview. You can expect HR to contact you 1-2 days later.

Negotiate everything! Salary and vacation. I did and they accepted my conditions.

Future Diversity Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

I heard about this opportunity from my university. I submitted an application online along with my resume. The recruiter called me in for an interview about a week later. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was very casual yet professional. The few questions asked were behavioral, the rest of the interview was very conversational. Make sure to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience in a leadership role. Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team. Tell me about a time where you had to work with a tough team member.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!