KPMG US

Updated Nov 26, 2014
1,418 Interview Reviews

2.8

Market Risk Advisory Interview

Applied from campus career center, got on campus interview. All technical questions, no resume. Then invited to Inside Look (company visit). 2 interviews, people very friendly. Basically go through resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward and happened pretty quickly. I went to a job fair on campus and was contacted for an on-campus interview. After this, I was invited to an interview in the office. This interview consisted of 2 managers and they were pretty laid-back about the process. They asked a few behavioral questions but it was not too stressful at all. The interview ended with a dinner reception.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma and what was your response?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through university. Whole process took about a month.
    Heard back about a first round interview a week after I applied. They held and informal meet and greet at a local bar in town. I met my interviewer and a few associates at the event. The next day I had a very laid back interview with a senior partner. We talked about sports and stuff for the first 10 minutes. Then he asked me some very basic behavioral questions and left me almost 20 minutes to ask him questions. Heard back about a 2nd round at their office less than 2 weeks later. Flew me to the city, put me up in a hotel. Took me to a very nice dinner and then had the interview the next day. Started with breakfast and some team building exercises. Had 2 back to back interviews, mostly conversational. No real behavioral questions at all. Just a get to know you get to know me type deal. Went as well as it could have gone. Super easy process. Got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What are have you done in the past 4 years that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KPMG US.

I had a phone interview with a professional from the Valuations Group at KPMG New York Office. It was about half hour long, started with me talking thru my resume, highlighting course work that would be applicable to the position. A couple of general questions of why KPMG. The interviewer was very nice and approachable, readily gave his feedback about his experiences and background, it was more conversational than formal interview. We discussed valuation methods and which ones were mostly used in industry vs school setting.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through DCF valuation and describe how you would calculate WACC   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

They invited me to dinner. It was a very relaxed and casual environment. Important to stay professional, but it is more of a character and "good fit" evaluation than anything. If you can make the right person like you during that meet and greet, the interview is more of a formality.

Advisory Operations Risk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through college. Had first round interview on campus. Laid back, went through resume, talking about past experience, etc. No technical questions. Took a long time to get result. Did not get through to the second round. Not sure why as I had a pretty good experience with the interviewer.

Advisory IARCS Associate Interview

Applied through my school and usually you interview on campus but I was looking at an office in another city so I was given a phone interview instead, which was not preferred. Interview was about 30 minutes and I spoke to a senior manager who had been with KPMG for a while. She was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable but I tripped on some of the questions, which was probably the reason why I was not invited back for final rounds. Also, advisory roles tend to be more competitive.

Risk Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I was taken out to dinner the night the before so I could meet my interviewer although the next day he did not remember me. When the interview started, he didn't know what position I was applying for. Once we got on the same page of who I was and where I wanted to work, he started asking me some basic behavioral interview questions. I emailed him the next day thanking him for my interview and he replied with a very nice email.

Interview Questions
    • If you are missing a right parenthesis somewhere in your code, how would you find where it is?   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was very easy they are not trying to ask technical questions. They want to get a feel for who you are and see if you are a good fit for their firm. They also "Wine & Dine" all of the interviewers, which is a nice change of pace from the other Big Four.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.