KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
1,512 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

The process went very long (3+ months). The interviews (7 in all) were mostly behavioral and situation questions, with plenty of leeway to ask questions.

The interviewers were friendly and respectful and gave me a sense that working with them would be a good experience. The main criteria seemed to be fit and relevant/transferable work experience.

While the salary offered did not match my expectation, I accepted the position as I felt it would be a good experience and would positively impact my career in the long run.

Information Protection Associate Interview

Very casual interview. Behavioral questions and discussion about prior work experience. Interviewed with 3 people during 30 min 1 on 1 sessions. Very friendly and personable people. Overall great experience visiting the firm, interviewing and learning about the position/company.

State and Local Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

1 round in the office. You meet with other candidates. Recruiter who offered you an interview is usually the person to host you at the interview. I met with 1 senior manager in SALT and then 1 partner in SALT. Each interview is 30 minutes long.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

After submitting resume for screening, was offered an interview on campus. Second round interview was in the office, with a few managers. Mostly resume based or behavioral questions, trying to gauge if it would be a good fit at the office.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I spoke with a senior manager. He was polite, but I got the distinct feeling that he had already made up his mind about me. That being said the interview was smooth and easy going. No behavioral or knowledge based questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Campus recruiting presence was strong. They offered lots of events outside of the career fair.
    One on-campus case interview, followed by multiple behavioral interviews on-site. Interview process depends on the hiring managing director.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you resolved conflicts within a group to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Quick and easy it was a phone interview. They basically ask you about your resume and then how flexible you are with salary and availability. The person was very kind and seemed very interested in me. Just be yourself and know your resume to answer responses quick and sweet.

Credit Risk Summer Interview

After I applied both on their website and through campus recruiting process, I received an invitation for an on campus interview, which asks basic information and job position preferences. Most of the questions are behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself.

Summer Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2015.

I networked with the firm through my BAP chapter on my university campus. The networking and getting to know the recruiters and managers were a very important part of the process.

I applied through our university website for the leadership conference and was asked to schedule an interview about a week later. I interviewed with the recruiter (although there was another manager also interviewing candidates). The whole interview took about 35 minutes. I knew the recruiter I met with, so it was pretty relaxed. Mostly behavioral questions plus the general "why accounting" question.

A good experience overall!

Externship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2015.

I met them at my university job fair and then applied through their website to request an interview. The interview was a 1-on-1 campus interview. After the interview it took about 2.5 weeks for them to get back to me via email to let me know that I was accepted.