KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1st interview more personality based. Second interview you perform a task to show how well you work in teams. Final interviews are with managers and partners and ask the real nitty/gritty questions.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness.   View Answer

Advisory Interview

Advisory

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was through my schools accounting program, so it was much different than most peoples. I was still asked behavioral questions, but overall it was a pretty relaxed process.

Interview Question – What is something you've done outside of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Human Resoruces Interview

Human Resoruces
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviews were all over the phoen except for the last one which I met with 4 managers. The phone screens were 15 minutse each. I spoke with people from across America. They asked teh same questions. The in-person interview was very basic. The hiring process all together was easy. Since I had a lot of experience they liked me.

Interview Question – The position is a entry level so the questions were basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a contract, no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Consultant
South Bend, IN

I interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited for an on campus interview. Some of the questions were very specific even though it was supposed to be behavioral. Interviewer seemed a little bit full of himself even and was not impressed by work experience as it was somewhat unconventional. However, the recruiter that landed me the interview after the career fair was very impressed so that inconsistency was quite frustrating.

Interview Question – What are all the steps in introducing a new product?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Audit Senior Associate
Harrisburg, PA

I interviewed at KPMG US in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process started for me with an on campus visit. KPMG tends to send a manager that was a graduate from the specific college since they know the professors and seek the advice from them as to who to hire. On campus interviews are held with the manager to determine if there is a chance for an internship. Very rarely are individuals hired directly. The use the internship and externship processes as on extended interview.

Interview Question – Fill a sheet of paper with information about yourself. This tests your writing skills as well as grammar. It also allows the interviewer to learn more about you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non. Starting Salary is what it is at this point

Very Easy Interview

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Interview Question – No curve ball questions in the least.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Initial contact by the recruiter, then a 30 minute telephonic interview with manager with only technical questions, then an onsite interview with Director and manager. Onsite interview was mostly with behavioural and job fit.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, only common interview questions   View Answer

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications Interview

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I send in my application and after about a month I was contacted for an intial phone interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I was called in for an interview with top members of the management team in the following week and two weeks later I got the results. The process was very efficient. I am not sure if they really wanted to hire. Managers made comments such as, "We want to see what is out there in the market".

Interview Question – Did you rely on PR for stories as a journalist?   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiters are great at keeping in contact with you throughout the process but it takes a LONG time. Even after a job offer is extended to you make sure all your ducks are in a row before you give notice to your current employer. Things can get pushed out depending on when they need you.

Interview Question – What technical experience do you have that would best serve our clients needs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. I tried and got shot down. Ultimately it was more than I was currently making so I accepted. But substantial raises are hard to come by so knowing that now I wish I had tried harder.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was chosen among 30 others for an interview. We were all allocated 30 minute slots and went in to interview with 2 interviewers, who mainly spoke about what the position entailed. They sat on opposite ends of the room, and left me in the middle, which was slightly awkward.

Interview Question – They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!