KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview followed by two rounds of interviews at the Atlanta office. The first round occurred after I applied through my campus recruiting office and the company came to the career center to interview candidates. This was the most difficult phase. The office interviews were more personality based and served as an opportunity for the candidate to interview the firm.

Interview Question – Give a description of when ethics played a large role in a key decision.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Audit Interview

Senior Associate, Audit

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Expect some behavioral questions. I was hired from an internship position. Originally, i was interviewed on campus. I do recall some tough questions, but overall, the interview seemed more laid back than some of the other big accounting firms. Once I got past the on-campus interview, I did interview with several other members of management prior to being offered my full-time position after graduation.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with an Initial phone interview which I was asked mostly behavioral questions based on my background. After the phone interview I was scheduled to make an appearance on-site to conduct multiple interviews with a manager, senior manager and a director. Most of the questions asked on-site were also behavioral questions regarding why I wanted to work for KPMG and how my skills aligned with what the job required. Overall I thought the interview process wasn't too difficult. Most of the steps though out this process were very standard in terms of a typical interview at any other company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

FMR - Senior Associate - Reg Risk Interview

FMR - Senior Associate - Reg Risk
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Recruiter sets up a screening call. Then your resume gets passed to a managing director and a phone interview is set up. You will interview with 1 other person on the team during that same call. If all goes well, you will get called in for a face -to -face interview. You can expect HR to contact you 1-2 days later.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate everything! Salary and vacation. I did and they accepted my conditions.

Future Diversity Leadership Program Interview

Future Diversity Leadership Program
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I heard about this opportunity from my university. I submitted an application online along with my resume. The recruiter called me in for an interview about a week later. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was very casual yet professional. The few questions asked were behavioral, the rest of the interview was very conversational. Make sure to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience in a leadership role. Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team. Tell me about a time where you had to work with a tough team member.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I had attended recruiting events prior to applying at KPMG. I also participated in a summer leadership program that met a few times over the summer in a group of roughly 30+ other college students.

I interviewed in the early fall subsequent to the summer leadership development program. My best guess is that while I was having fun mingling with the other students, this was also a time when recruiters and members of Management observed participants as potential hires. I had also met with KPMG subsequent to the leadership program during on campus events / invites through on-campus recruiting.

During the actual interview I met with 3-4 individuals, at least one partner and 2 directors. I had already met some of these people previously so we mostly talked about random topics and caught up on prior conversations we had. The interviewer I hadn't previously met asked me standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., your strengths / weaknesses, etc.

My advice is be yourself, don't be a jerk (general rule to follow in life) to your fellow students or folks that work at KPMG and other people you encounter along the way, show that you can work in teams, that you're likable, can be a leader but can also be effective at following. They're big on doing business right and hiring the right people that fit that culture.

Interview Question – Why accounting? I had other things on my resume on one point that might have been less tailored to accounting/ audit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation since I was fresh out of college and there were many other candidates with very similar backgrounds. This is likely much different at the experienced level.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.in July 2014.

There are four stages to apply for this role:
1. Online Application
2. Telephone Interview
3. Panel Interview
4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in KPMG, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

A note before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a forward and future?
What is the difference between an option and future?
What would you choose, an option or a future?
  Answer Question

Tax Interview

Tax
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a campus career resource center, interviewed first round on campus. The interview was very conversational, the interviewer was very easy to talk to and did not ask anything more difficult than "tell me about yourself." She was very complimentary and we seemed to get along very well. After following up with the interviewer, I did not hear back from the company for 3 months and had already accepted an offer with another firm by the time that I did.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with external recruiter.
2. Phone interview with internal screener.
3. Phone interview with director.
4. Phone interview with managing director.
5. Phone interview with partner.
6. In-person interview with partner.
7. In-person interview with director.
8. In-person interview with director.
9. Phone interview with partner.

Whew!

Interview Question – Do you have any Big 4 consulting experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started with a low-ball offer, but I got them up almost 10%.

Associate, Advisory Interview

Associate, Advisory
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

Interview Details – Positives: KPMG has an array of extremely professional, personable and level-headed people. On top of this, I respect the work of the advisory group I was interviewing with. This was all very refreshing and exciting to be around during the interview process itself. The questions I was asked were all experience-related and personality-based. Overall, I enjoyed the people I met and the experience very much.

Negatives: The one thing I thought was awful was the on-boarding and follow-up process of the interview. After two phone interviews that went well, I had to reach out to the "experienced-hire" recruiter myself to check and see when I would receive flight information and booking details for the in-person interviews. There was so much of a delay that I had to book a flight last-minute on a connecting flight that got in to the city I was interviewing in at such a terrible hour. After the interview, I again had to reach myself to see whether I got the job or not. It turns out, I did which was exciting! However, the unprofessional manner of the on-boarding and follow-up seriously slashed the legitimacy of the company for me. I think this something that is definitely fixable and I hope to see changed if I ever interview with the company again.

Overall, not a bad experience at all. The company is great. I got the offer and I turned it down because I would like to have more experience in my current industry before pursuing an advisory-type role.

Interview Question – Importance of professional licensure in advisory.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!