KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
1,519 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

The process went very long (3+ months). The interviews (7 in all) were mostly behavioral and situation questions, with plenty of leeway to ask questions.

The interviewers were friendly and respectful and gave me a sense that working with them would be a good experience. The main criteria seemed to be fit and relevant/transferable work experience.

While the salary offered did not match my expectation, I accepted the position as I felt it would be a good experience and would positively impact my career in the long run.

Risk Consulting IT Attestation Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

We have a pre-interview perception and I met with the one who will be my interviewer, a department director. And next morning I have the interview. We mainly talked about the work and activity I have done and the skills I learnt. He didn't ask any hard question, even strength or weakness. So I think I told nothing outstanding to him, which should be the reason I failed.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was internally referred by a partner in another practice. My interview consisted of 1 screening interview, 1 phone interview with a director, and then 2 face-to-face interviews on the same day with a director and the practice partner. The screening interview is just the typical sanity check to make sure that you did go to college and graduated and that everything on your resume is true as written.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled twice because the director who was supposed to interview me (who is also the project director for the engagement I ended up being hired for) kept forgetting. Instead, I had a phone interview with the director over the practice to which I was hired. The interview started off talking about NFL football, then about college football, and then regarding the potential engagement to which I would be hired. There was absolutely no assessment of my skills, knowledge, or motivation.

The face-to-face interviews were with a director and a partner. The director interview consisted of him talking about football as well. However, the topic quickly changed to him assessing my knowledge of the industry, knowledge regarding federal regulations affecting the industry and how private firms should address the changes. The interview with the partner was not actually face-to-face. I called the partner from his KPMG office to his cell upon which he asked if I knew what the position entailed and how much I was expecting in salary.

I was offered the position the very next day. Needless to say, I over prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you bring to the firm given your unique background?   Answer Question
    I was given an offer, I asked my recruiting contact if there was "anything left on the table" to voer my student loans and the relocation to another city. The offer came back $5k more.

Future Diversity Leaders Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

The interview was held in the career services office at my university. Before the interview, I made small talk with the campus recruiter. Then, I had a 30 minute interview with the diversity recruiter. She was very friendly and easy to talk to, much like many people at KPMG. The interview was primarily behavioral and was more like a conversation.

Information Protection Associate Interview

Very casual interview. Behavioral questions and discussion about prior work experience. Interviewed with 3 people during 30 min 1 on 1 sessions. Very friendly and personable people. Overall great experience visiting the firm, interviewing and learning about the position/company.

State and Local Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

1 round in the office. You meet with other candidates. Recruiter who offered you an interview is usually the person to host you at the interview. I met with 1 senior manager in SALT and then 1 partner in SALT. Each interview is 30 minutes long.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

After submitting resume for screening, was offered an interview on campus. Second round interview was in the office, with a few managers. Mostly resume based or behavioral questions, trying to gauge if it would be a good fit at the office.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I spoke with a senior manager. He was polite, but I got the distinct feeling that he had already made up his mind about me. That being said the interview was smooth and easy going. No behavioral or knowledge based questions.

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Campus recruiting presence was strong. They offered lots of events outside of the career fair.
    One on-campus case interview, followed by multiple behavioral interviews on-site. Interview process depends on the hiring managing director.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you resolved conflicts within a group to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Quick and easy it was a phone interview. They basically ask you about your resume and then how flexible you are with salary and availability. The person was very kind and seemed very interested in me. Just be yourself and know your resume to answer responses quick and sweet.