KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015
1,548 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

30 -min face to face interview with the Director of the Advisory Services. On Campus interview. A very informal setting, relaxed and comfortable. They just wanted to know more about me and why I chose to apply and how this position could help me to advance in my career. They told a lot about the position as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why I'm interested in this role   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual interview, the whole thing was pretty conversational and they did not ask any questions about the company or the department. They focused almost solely on my resume and would ask me detailed question about the points I had and the positions that I have held. No behavioral questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out. We talked within the week and shortly after filling out KPMG's online app, I received an automated email about how they are no longer considering me as a candidate. I wish this was the end of my experience but weeks later, the recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview with someone from the team. I was told to ignore the rejection email.

After coordinating a date and time in the interviewer's mornings-only schedule, I was sent a confirmation email for the phone interview. Aside from never receiving a call from the interviewer on that date, there was neither a notification of a cancellation/rescheduling nor any acknowledgement as to what happened. Reassessing my career goals, I decided to discontinue the process.

In retrospect, it's rather eye opening. Having completed at least 100 interviews, this was indubitably the most disorganized and disappointing recruitment process I have been through. Word of advice to HR: get a little more involved.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were done on campus by the Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. They had selected 17 people to interview that day at the recrurment office by then Senior Managers off the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any piece of furniture what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed with local recruiters and then with recruiters in the Atlanta office. All expenses paid. They were very welcoming and gave me their response very promptly.

Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process started with a member of HR reaching out to me for a quick phone interview regarding my background. The process continued with a phone interview with one of the managers in the practice. Afterwards I received an invitation to meet senior members of the team for an in-person interviews. The day was full of interviews (about 7 interviews, 30 minutes each) with various ranked professionals. They were all very nice and treated me to lunch afterwards where I got to talk to analysts and senior analysts in a more relaxed setting. A few weeks later I heard back from HR regarding the group's decision on me.

Interview Questions

• How would you build or calculate a discount rate (WACC) for your model?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about valuing a company [in certain situations]?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

The process went very long (3+ months). The interviews (7 in all) were mostly behavioral and situation questions, with plenty of leeway to ask questions.

The interviewers were friendly and respectful and gave me a sense that working with them would be a good experience. The main criteria seemed to be fit and relevant/transferable work experience.

While the salary offered did not match my expectation, I accepted the position as I felt it would be a good experience and would positively impact my career in the long run.

Tax Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2015.

Interview

It was a 20 min phone interview. We discussed the projects I did and I was asked several questions regarding to how to code by given situation. I feel like they are looking for people who excel at coding instead of people who have both information system knowledge and tax knowledge. I was not asked about any questions regarding to tax.

Technical Writer (DR) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was approached by three different head hunters, submitted my resume and selected the one who seemed to have the inside track with the hiring manager. They reviewed my resume, checked my background and vetted me through KPMG.

Risk Consulting IT Attestation Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

We have a pre-interview perception and I met with the one who will be my interviewer, a department director. And next morning I have the interview. We mainly talked about the work and activity I have done and the skills I learnt. He didn't ask any hard question, even strength or weakness. So I think I told nothing outstanding to him, which should be the reason I failed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose this position?   1 Answer