KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,298 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Initial was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interaction with 2 of the HR people, discussion was very good and interactive. Then the senior manager took the second round. Team was very hospitile and friendly. The infrastructure was very good. I really liked the cabin for the interview as it was more of casual approach similar to a coffee nest with pleasant lighting rather than the retro glass door kind of cabin.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2013.

On campus interview and then interview in the office. They were very friendly and did not ask many difficult questions, but wanted to get to know the candidate. Gave presentation the company so we would know about the division

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Prior to actually applying to KPMG, you should contact the local recruiter in order to participate in the Summer Leadership Program, where you meet people from around the office for a day and have a few informal interviews. We were required to fill out an application online prior to the due date for the on-campus interviews. A CV was also submitted with the application. Upon receiving notice of the on-campus interview, candidate would prepare and then once that interview was past (about half hour one on one), you would be selected for a second round interview at the office consisting of the whole day. You would first be put into groups for team exercises and a service project and then would have two 20 minute interviews with various levels. You then get about two hours to meet your spouse and then have them meet with partner spouses while you have a mini-social with people from the office. After that, you eat dinner with employees and their spouses and your spouse. Within 48 hours of this day, you will hear back to see if you get an offer or not. At the end of the internship, a full-time offer will be given if it is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you were working in a team and a team member did not contribute, or was detrimental to the team, and how did you respond to this situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't really on the table, as this position is uniform across many offices and others were given the same offer.

Transfer Pricing Interview

I went through the whole process. Dinner before the interview day, interviews, lunch, Q&A activities. I had 3 interviews in the morning. Two guys and one lady. They are very nice and the interview questions are not hard but you do need to prepare some knowledge of transfer pricing before you go. The last interview is relatively hard compare to the first two. I think I did pretty well for interviews because they didn't ask me many hard questions, not even current trend about transfer pricing. Then I went for lunch. I think the reason that I didn't get the interview is that during the lunch time I didn't talk much becasue I was very tired. I dont know exactly the reason but other candidates talked a lot during lunch time.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online via campus, first round interview then a month later got a call back for second round interview. Went into their office and met with a manager and a principal. Got to network with some other associates/directors. Then a month later got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, but most started with "tell me about a time when... you were in a difficult situation" a lot them sounded like the same question re-phrased.   Answer Question
    entry level/no neogtiation

IT Forensic Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Apply the position through university's career center. Social night before on-campus interview, 30 min on-campus interview for the first round, 1 day on-site interview for the final round. Most interviews are based on behavioral questions. (Why interested in forensic industry, related school projects and/or work experiences, etc) During the on-site interview, they will give you a great accommodation near their company in downtown, Houston, a company tour with the department representatives, 2-3 final interviews with supervisors and/or managers, and social lunch with the department representatives. Most interviews will be held on Friday and the whole on-site interview process takes a day. Most questions were not that hard to answer, but I think they are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of forensic industry, customer services and a lot of work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Requires deepen understanding of IT Forensic industry. It is hard to find general and detailed information about KPMG's IT Forensic services.   Answer Question

Consultant (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

Applied in early April, received invitation of Aptitude test in late April. Written test in Mid May.

Written test: same as what mentioned online, verbal reasoning test and numerical test. It is not very challenging, do more practices online. Rmb finish all verbal reasoning, read fast and accurately. I didn't finish all numerical questions (4questions left), I put focus on the accuracy rather than guessing answers.

Received email in early June, state preference on what department you wanna in.
    Received Manager interview invitation in mid June. Lasted around 2hr.
    1hr preparation of the case study. There are 2 questions of the case study, while you only choose one to present it. 10min individual presentation to a manager. All English, no cure card. Can use a rough paper as note. The manager told me he had listened to the same case study presentation several times, if I wanted to I can skip it. I chose to make the presentation since I had already prepared for 1hr, but shorten it to 5min since I dont wanna make him get bored. Followup questions about my presentation ideas. Standard CV questions. The manager is nice and didn't ask challenging questions. Only asked: Why I have to choose you? He also talked a lot about himself and his role and his department.

Received Partner Interview in late June, interviewed in early July.
    Nice chat with the department head, didn't ask technical questions. Mostly are discussing the role of a fresh graduate and the challenges. Just relax and treat it as a causal chat. But dress formally.

Graduate programme, all graduates receive same offer.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

It was campus recruiting. 1st round interview.
    I had an opportunity to talk to Tax Partner. It was 1 on 1 interview.
    I thought everything went well. Interview was more like conversational one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I applied through university career services. KPMG gave the least spot for the first round interview compared to other big 4s. The second round was a 1.5 day process. They invited you to dinner, put you in the hotel, and followed up with a after party at a rooftop bar near the office. The second day was a entire day event that consisted with presentations, panel discussions, lunch, office visit, small activities, Q&A, and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and very conversational. However, My interview was scheduled after lunch, and the manager who interviewed me looked exhausted before I even walked in.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

Starts with providing a solution for a real business scenario. Presentation skills, verbal ability and thought process are analyzed here. Next is excel exercise. 10 excel tasks to be completed in one hour. At least 8 to be correct. Not a cakewalk. Next HR interview. Just chilled. Next interview with a member from future team. Puzzles solving and analytical thinking related discussion. Next interview with manager. More on the subject. Next with partner. Woof-- sweating interview for 1 hour. Got screwed like anything. Stress handling and fitment into team are analyzed here.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!