KPMG US

Very Easy Interview

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Interview Question – No curve ball questions in the least.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit
Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one with HR and one with a partner. The atmosphere was very good, and it did not feel too formal, some fun moments were included.

HR asked standardized questions but also showed interest for unique CV points.

Partner mostly explained KPMG and told me about the attractiveness of the Audit Internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Basically no negotiation (necessary).

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications Interview

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I send in my application and after about a month I was contacted for an intial phone interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I was called in for an interview with top members of the management team in the following week and two weeks later I got the results. The process was very efficient. I am not sure if they really wanted to hire. Managers made comments such as, "We want to see what is out there in the market".

Interview Question – Did you rely on PR for stories as a journalist?   View Answer

EVS Associate Interview

EVS Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and received interview invitation soon. A reception was scheduled before the interview day for candidates to ask questions and mix up with current employees and other candidates. Overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – General behavioral questions: What's your favorite course? Do you prefer working independently or within a group?   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was chosen among 30 others for an interview. We were all allocated 30 minute slots and went in to interview with 2 interviewers, who mainly spoke about what the position entailed. They sat on opposite ends of the room, and left me in the middle, which was slightly awkward.

Interview Question – They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Initial contact by the recruiter, then a 30 minute telephonic interview with manager with only technical questions, then an onsite interview with Director and manager. Onsite interview was mostly with behavioural and job fit.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, only common interview questions   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiters are great at keeping in contact with you throughout the process but it takes a LONG time. Even after a job offer is extended to you make sure all your ducks are in a row before you give notice to your current employer. Things can get pushed out depending on when they need you.

Interview Question – What technical experience do you have that would best serve our clients needs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. I tried and got shot down. Ultimately it was more than I was currently making so I accepted. But substantial raises are hard to come by so knowing that now I wish I had tried harder.

Engagement Management Coordinator Interview

Engagement Management Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application for an administrative assistant position, within an hour a recruiter emailed me stating they were accepting applications for this position and if I was interested to please reply. So I did and luckily I was asked to be part of the phone interview. During phone interview I was told I was being screened to ensure I was ready to switch jobs (was employed elsewhere when I applied). After phone interview I was invited to in office interview for an hour where it was the usual question; walk me through your resume, explain a typically day at your current position, how would you deal with a difficult situation, would you be willing to workshops/classes in an area you might not be that strong in. Very straight forward questions, nothing hard.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but I would be prepared to explain your qualities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I asked but was told other people hired in the position were given the same salary.

Transaction Services Interview

Transaction Services

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Pretty simple overall. Applied with campus recruiting. On campus interview. They fly you out for an office visit. Interviews were behavioral. The things that helped me to get the job were selling them on the location and making sure I was a good fit for their culture.

Interview Question – Nothing overly challenging. They drilled me on why on wanted to work in their specific location.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Software Developer Interview

Senior Associate - Software Developer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and set up an technical phone screen interview with a Manager. After that I was invited on-site for a face to face interview.

The on-site interview had three rounds with Directors who all had a computer science and programming background. The first one was with a Managing Director who went over the teams, projects, responsibilities, expectations. The second was a technical interview. The third one was a technical/what are you looking for in a role.

Overall it was very positive experience.

Interview Question – Design Patterns, Asked to implement a linq logic on the white board   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Immigration related stuff did not work out for me

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US interview questions and advice. All 1,261 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.