KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
1,609 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

(1) Networking events: career fairs, information session, social events
    (2) Online application: resume, transcript, cover letter
    (3) Interview Pre-select: school's online system
    (4) Sign up for Interviews: school's online system
    (5) Interview: conversational, formal

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out. We talked within the week and shortly after filling out KPMG's online app, I received an automated email about how they are no longer considering me as a candidate. I wish this was the end of my experience but weeks later, the recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview with someone from the team. I was told to ignore the rejection email.

After coordinating a date and time in the interviewer's mornings-only schedule, I was sent a confirmation email for the phone interview. Aside from never receiving a call from the interviewer on that date, there was neither a notification of a cancellation/rescheduling nor any acknowledgement as to what happened. Reassessing my career goals, I decided to discontinue the process.

In retrospect, it's rather eye opening. Having completed at least 100 interviews, this was indubitably the most disorganized and disappointing recruitment process I have been through. Word of advice to HR: get a little more involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very laid back and easy. I applied on the school website and got an interview at school. There was a dinner the night before which was fun and laid back. Then the next morning was the interview. They asked me tell me about yourself and asked what my favorite class was. In the next two days I got a phone call saying I made it to the office visits. The people were awesome and very nice. Very great experience.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Disorganized; multiple KPMG recruiters from remote locations with no ownership or real involvement; in-person interviews repetitive, grueling and meaningless; no professional etiquette; after nearly a month of interviews, I received just a "dear john" email saying "you're not a match at this time"; although I asked for feedback, the recruiter ignored requests and never got back to me; I suspect that my base salary at my current job and my minimum base were too high as I got the sense that KPMG is all about lowballing future employees and nothing about true talent and dedication.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any questions?"   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter saying they wanted to set up a phone screening. I sent her some times and, without confirming, she called me at 8AM the next day. She asked me basic questions like what I was interested and what salary I was looking for.

It moved pretty fast from there, I had a second phone interview and then at 4PM on Tuesday they asked if I could come in at 1PM on Wednesday. I had two "job fit" type interviews, just "tell me about your resume" "why KPMG" type stuff. The conversations were very casual and enjoyable. Although one Manager told me that "KPMG is a BFD to have on your resume, and once you get your foot in the door you don't have to do well after that." Take that as you will.

From there I was asked to come in on Friday for an hour meeting with (who would be) my hiring manager. She showed up late and was super frazzled and appeared really stressed out. She let me know that the job would be tough but we had a great conversation and she asked me when I could start.

From there I've heard nothing. No response from any of the managers I spoke to. Four weeks after my last interview I received an email from the recruiter saying that she would get me a final decision by the end of the week...that was three weeks ago. I did follow up several times. Pretty disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next company?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was more of a conversation than an interview. My interviewer talked to me a lot about how they have had to move around how a lot because work. They mentioned to marry a spouse who i understanding and respectful of your duties to your job. They also emphasized family/life being slightly more important than work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I don't know from your resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was for Enterprise Architect , my vendor submitted for this position and after couple days i have interview date and timings. I got call at the interview time and the interviewer started asking about my past experience and started asking these questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) The Projects i worked
      2) Federation Indentity Software
      9) Vendor Software Integration
      10) MSMQ and MQ

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career services and was asked to sign up for a campus interview, but I did not sign up because I did not think I needed another internship. 8 months later, a KPMG recruiter contacted me about an additional winter internship opportunity. After a phone conversation with the recruiter (which I did not know was an actual interview), I was told that they would comtact me about an office visit.

The office visit was a great experience. They checked me in at a nice hotel the night before. On the day of the interview, the candidates were given a tour around the office (which has an awesome view). The other candidates had an HR recruiter and either a manager or a partner interview them for about 30 minutes each, but for some reason I was interviewed by both the manager and the partner (I guess it worked to my advantage). They did not ask hard questions at all. There were a question or two about my resume, but it was mostly conversational. I asked questions about the firm from start to finish, asking about recent events that the company has been involved in. It was a very easy interview.

After that, associates took the candidates to lunch to answer any questions we may have and to give us an idea of what it's like working for KPMG.

5 days later, I was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you had an experience working with a difficult person? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

On campus Interview follow up phone call.
    Then all day interview with 3 30 minute behavioral interviews.
    Most Big 4 companies have the same process. You will be screened on campus, then 1 more time over the phone. When you come into the office, it is your job to lose. It means they have a general interest in you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on something you did not know how to do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual interview, the whole thing was pretty conversational and they did not ask any questions about the company or the department. They focused almost solely on my resume and would ask me detailed question about the points I had and the positions that I have held. No behavioral questions.