KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

Negotiation Details – I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me for initial phone interview. Everything went well and then she never got back in touch with me again. Followed up by email twice, two weeks apart, and still never received any response or acknowledgement.

Analyst, Regulatory Risk Interview

Analyst, Regulatory Risk
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter towards the end of March 2014. She subsequently forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager; I talked to this manager about what the position entailed, she seemed very enthused to speak with me. The following week I was scheduled to speak with a Directer, this conversation was the longest of them all, but pleasant nonetheless. After the 3 telephone conversions, I was asked to interview in person with a second Director. The following week I was informed by the recruiter that the interview went well, and that I should just wait to be informed of the next steps in the hiring process. It has now been 4 weeks since the interview and I have yet to get a response about the progress of my interview. All in all, it was a favorable experience apart from the fact that I was not notified of whether or not my candidacy was still being pursued.

Interview Question – none, very straight forward questions.   View Answers (2)

EVS Intern Interview

EVS Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Networking night where we met two associates in the EVS practice, both in transfer pricing. This was followed by an on-campus interview, mainly behavioral, a little technical. This was followed by a second round (final) with 3 other candidates. A night of networking on Thursday was followed by an interview Friday morning. This was with 4 new people, 2 managers, 2 associates. There was also a job shadow for half an hour during the process.

Interview Question – Describing valuation ar arms length (transfer pricing)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful experience recruiting with KPMG. Wonderful people and great events. Took the time to get to know me unlike the other big four firms. First I had on campus interview, which we had a pre-interview dinner. I made it to the next round which is the office visit. In between the first interview and office visit there were several events, as well as individual events with a KPMG professional.

Interview Question – Very easy interviews, conversational.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Applied on school career site and had an on-campus interview and then had an office interview with multiple people. Process took around 2 weeks. Common behavioral questions like why audit, why kpmg, name a challenging situation, etc.

Interview Question – Name 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Audit Intern

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I talked to a recruiter and emailed her the resume. She contacted me back with an open position and I got a phone interview. It was mainly brief questions about my resume and after that they wanted to see me in their office. At the office visit, they were asking me more about how I will handle certain situations.

Interview Question – What is your short term and long term goal?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview Details – My first interview was an on campus interview. That week they called to tell me that they wanted me to go to their office. I interacted with the staff through social events and everyone was really nice. On the day of the office visit I had two "interviews" which were more of casual conversation with the managers. Afterwards, there was a panel where you could ask them questions, and then they treat me to lunch.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – scheduled through an internal recruiter. 6 one on one interviews. basic questions about prior work experience, goals, and why searching for a new job. variety of personalities. fast paced interviews. Partners more relaxed, senior managers like to grill you.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question