KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,303 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Intern Interview

Applied on school career site and had an on-campus interview and then had an office interview with multiple people. Process took around 2 weeks. Common behavioral questions like why audit, why kpmg, name a challenging situation, etc.

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter and emailed her the resume. She contacted me back with an open position and I got a phone interview. It was mainly brief questions about my resume and after that they wanted to see me in their office. At the office visit, they were asking me more about how I will handle certain situations.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

scheduled through an internal recruiter. 6 one on one interviews. basic questions about prior work experience, goals, and why searching for a new job. variety of personalities. fast paced interviews. Partners more relaxed, senior managers like to grill you.

Senior Management Consult Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

Phone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offer

Senior Associate - Human Resources Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

I applied for the position directly through the KPMG website. I was fortunate enough to get call and had a very thorough phone interview with the recruiter before being invited in for an interview. The entire experience was positive. I met with the hiring manager and a more senior colleague. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The meeting was highly informative and they did a wonderful job of explaining KPMG's culture, which is a culture that fosters professional growth.

It was an extremely tough decision, which to this day, I second guess myself as to whether or not I made the right decision to decline. I inevitably declined because the cost of their benefits (medical, dental) was astronomically higher (4 times the cost) than what my current employer pays.

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through school website,was offered an interview at the school, and then was offered a 2nd interview at their office. The first interview was mostly a conversation about my background. 2nd interview consisted of an interview with a manager and an interview with a partner. It definitely helps to try and meet people from the company before the interview process, go talk to them at career fairs and other events on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself (first question asked at each interview)   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through school

Audit Senior Associate Interview

It was what I expected. They came on campus for a first round. Then the second round was held in the office. Soon after, the they called to give an offer and I was able to start with the next start class.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation working on a team.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Initial communication was from an HR related person, i assume, who never really indicated who he was. He asked me directly what my current salary was which I did not expect, that was our first interaction.
    The interview was fun and informative; we did a working session with the team. I attribute the pleasantry of this interview to the nature of the people in their design team. They had me sketch up an idea for a promotion for a charity run/walk. As a UX designer, i was confused as to why they were interested in the final look rather than the discovery and analysis of it.

The HR guy then asked me to complete another exercise which he sent through email. I was given essentially two days time to develop an entire web experience in both photoshop and html/css. Again as a UX designer I was curious why they were more concerned about the final product instead of practices to clarify the situation. I also currently have a full time job and it was hard to complete this exercise in the allotted time.
    When i tried contacting them for clarifications on the directions, which only requested a .PSD file, i was not given any clarification on the exercise and told to also submit the html and css files along.

In the end I handed in a completed PSD 2 page mock and a full html and half the css, I could not afford to spend more than 16 hours on a project I was not going to get reimbursed for. When I asked for more info on the job, they just said " did you finish yet."

Overall this was a very disappointing interview, and I have been through many great interviews while still not landing the jobs.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.