KPMG US

Updated Dec 15, 2014
1,437 Interview Reviews

2.8

Audit Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Phone Interview with HR person: Mostly behavioural questions
    Senior Manager Interview: went into more depth on my resume and wanted to find out how I carried out the accomplishments I listed on my resume.
    Partner Interview: Leadership questions. Wanted to know about leadership roles I had taken on the past and how I was able to multitask.
    Had lunch with two Senior Associates,where I was asked several more questions in a more casual setting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Your greatest personal accomplishment and the steps you took to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    No Negotation

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they gave.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

Recruiter calls you for a phone interview, if you do well you name is submitted for in-person interview with HR. Another recruiter calls to set up interview with HR person

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good candidate for this position?   View Answer

Tax Interview

I applied online through my school's hiring website. About a week or two later, I got an email inviting me to their first round, an on campus interview, and then a separate email invitation to a pre-interview reception, which was scheduled for the day before the interview. The reception is not optional, they even state that it is part of the interview process.

The reception was great, I got to meet many KPMG employees, including the partner who interviewed me the next day. Everyone is very welcoming, and they do a great job trying to calm you down before the interview.

The interview the next day was thirty minutes, purely behavioral. It was more focused on trying to find a fit than anything else. My interviewer opened up for my questions about ten minutes in, so be prepared with lots of questions! Again, they're really just looking for a fit, so try to focus less on what's on your resume and more on how you fit in with KPMG.

About a week later, I received an invitation to their on site interviews, which they call the "Inside Look" program. I was given two choices of sessions, one towards the beginning of a week and one towards the end.

The Inside Look program is a great experience. It lasts two days, they put you up in a nice hotel, and provide great food. The first day, they take you on a tour of the office, give a presentation on the company, and take you to a networking event at a restaurant, followed by dinner. Again, everyone is very welcoming and does a great job putting you at ease. Dinner is awesome.

The next day, they provide another presentation about KPMG, followed by two thirty minute interviews and a meeting with a staff panel of recent hires, as well as another office tour. The interviews are purely behavioral and are very casual. Again, be prepared with lots of questions and be prepared to talk much more about what isn't on your resume than what is.

I received an offer via phone about two to three weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You have a lot of experience in *other industry*. What makes you want to do accounting, rather than that other industry?   View Answer

Federal Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interviewer who was sent to my campus to interview candidates was unbelievably unqualified and rather unprofessional. He was not a member of HR or even really aware of their hiring preferences, and wasn't even an employee in the division for which I was applying. He was an alum of the school, but his knowledge was limited and his interest in me as a candidate even more so.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't actually ask any questions, which was the most difficult part. He asked me to walk him through my resume and then asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Winter Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Taught us about KPMG then went and did a service project, then did our interviews. They also gave us a tour of their office. We didn't get to meet a lot of people. Just a small amount who actually dealt with recruiting

Interview Questions
    • Can you deal with working till 11 or possibly one in the morning for all of busy season.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

Initial interview was through campus. It was a general behavioral interview and the interviewer just wanted to know what your interest areas were. Got a call one week later for an Inside Office Look. The day before the actual interview we had a reception dinner at a very nice restaurant. Nice conversation with all the company officials. Next morning had 2 30 min back to back interviews with two directors. General questions, nothing technical or too difficult. Then it was followed by a presentation and ended with a lunch at a fancy restaurant. Nice experience. Be sure to be proactive during the interview process and very conversational during the reception.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were a leader.
      How did you handle multiple projects at a time?
      Can you tell me when did you work in a project and what role did you play?(Like a leader or etc)

Answer Question
    Low starting salary

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

First was contacted by a national recruiter, then talked with regional director through the phone for 30 minutes, discussing the nature of the position and type of work. Then had an office visit for an hour during which interview was done with a manager and a director.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of ordinary. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked questions such as describe a time when you have to face difficulties during work and when you have to take leadership.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

I had a first round interview on campus and heard back within a week that I had been selected for a second interview at the office.
    They flew me in for the interview and took the candidates out for dinner the night before the interview which to get to know everyone which really helps make the experience less nerve racking. The next day I had four one on one interviews at the office. I heard back within a week that I had received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions for both the first and second round interviews. Nothing too difficult--really just wanted to get to know me/know if I would be a good fit. Asked a lot about my resume and typical behavioral questions like leadership/group work experience, etc. (have solid examples of times you demonstrated leadership or had to work in a difficult group situation and how you dealt with it, etc.)   Answer Question
    N/A

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through on-campus recruitment.

I went to the career fair and got invitation for first round bs interview. I had a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. The interviewer is friendly and basically ask about the resume and ask which part of auditing you are interested in.