KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was from an HR related person, i assume, who never really indicated who he was. He asked me directly what my current salary was which I did not expect, that was our first interaction.
The interview was fun and informative; we did a working session with the team. I attribute the pleasantry of this interview to the nature of the people in their design team. They had me sketch up an idea for a promotion for a charity run/walk. As a UX designer, i was confused as to why they were interested in the final look rather than the discovery and analysis of it.

The HR guy then asked me to complete another exercise which he sent through email. I was given essentially two days time to develop an entire web experience in both photoshop and html/css. Again as a UX designer I was curious why they were more concerned about the final product instead of practices to clarify the situation. I also currently have a full time job and it was hard to complete this exercise in the allotted time.
When i tried contacting them for clarifications on the directions, which only requested a .PSD file, i was not given any clarification on the exercise and told to also submit the html and css files along.

In the end I handed in a completed PSD 2 page mock and a full html and half the css, I could not afford to spend more than 16 hours on a project I was not going to get reimbursed for. When I asked for more info on the job, they just said " did you finish yet."

Overall this was a very disappointing interview, and I have been through many great interviews while still not landing the jobs.

Interview Question – "Build this website for us now"   Answer Question

Senior Management Consult Interview

Senior Management Consult

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Phone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offer

Interview Question – Are you a US citizen   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Human Resources Interview

Senior Associate - Human Resources

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I applied for the position directly through the KPMG website. I was fortunate enough to get call and had a very thorough phone interview with the recruiter before being invited in for an interview. The entire experience was positive. I met with the hiring manager and a more senior colleague. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The meeting was highly informative and they did a wonderful job of explaining KPMG's culture, which is a culture that fosters professional growth.

Reason for Declining – It was an extremely tough decision, which to this day, I second guess myself as to whether or not I made the right decision to decline. I inevitably declined because the cost of their benefits (medical, dental) was astronomically higher (4 times the cost) than what my current employer pays.

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for one interview. It was with two different employees, one was a director and the other was a managing director. There was a group of 4 people from my college who all interviewed the same day. Each interview was about a half hour, back to back. Got an email two weeks later that I unfortunately I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Question – Asked to talk about a paper I had written in school; hadn't written a paper in over a year so had to wrack my brain.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

Audit Internship
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first day consisting of a few speakers from the office and a panel of associates (all three or less years), and ending the day with a diner with partners at all levels and senior managers. Day two consisted of two half hour 'meet and greet's with recent hires that had similarities of schools or hometowns, alternated with two half hour interviews with senior managers.

Interview Question – Because this was for a tax season internship the most unexpected questions all related to being stressed and overworked during work or projects and how they were overcame.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Applied through school website,was offered an interview at the school, and then was offered a 2nd interview at their office. The first interview was mostly a conversation about my background. 2nd interview consisted of an interview with a manager and an interview with a partner. It definitely helps to try and meet people from the company before the interview process, go talk to them at career fairs and other events on campus.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself (first question asked at each interview)   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Applied through school

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you have faced   Answer Question

Discover KPMG Summer Leadership Program- Advisory Interview

Discover KPMG Summer Leadership Program- Advisory

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – Overall it was a relaxed, friendly process. They are just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit, what your future plans are, etc.

Interview Question – What would you do in this situation (gave a specific advisory related situation)?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Audit - Financial Services Interview

Intern Audit - Financial Services
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very social and laid back. Had to first send in my resume and be accepted for the interview process. The people are a little edgy but they are overall pretty sincere.

Interview Question – What made you decide to join audit   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The group of people I met did not seem to match my personality

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!