KPMG US Interview Questions

2.9

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Applied on campus and received interview invitation soon. A reception was scheduled before the interview day for candidates to ask questions and mix up with current employees and other candidates. Overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions: What's your favorite course? Do you prefer working independently or within a group?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and set up an technical phone screen interview with a Manager. After that I was invited on-site for a face to face interview.

The on-site interview had three rounds with Directors who all had a computer science and programming background. The first one was with a Managing Director who went over the teams, projects, responsibilities, expectations. The second was a technical interview. The third one was a technical/what are you looking for in a role.

Overall it was very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Design Patterns, Asked to implement a linq logic on the white board   Answer Question

Immigration related stuff did not work out for me

Engagement Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Submitted an application for an administrative assistant position, within an hour a recruiter emailed me stating they were accepting applications for this position and if I was interested to please reply. So I did and luckily I was asked to be part of the phone interview. During phone interview I was told I was being screened to ensure I was ready to switch jobs (was employed elsewhere when I applied). After phone interview I was invited to in office interview for an hour where it was the usual question; walk me through your resume, explain a typically day at your current position, how would you deal with a difficult situation, would you be willing to workshops/classes in an area you might not be that strong in. Very straight forward questions, nothing hard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but I would be prepared to explain your qualities.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I asked but was told other people hired in the position were given the same salary.

Bus Process Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Applied for job online and didn't hear back, so I'd nearly forgotten about it when, four weeks later, I got an email. Had first phone interview two weeks after that. Went well. Had second and third phone interviews with different people every two weeks, so that the process was now going on six weeks. After third call, I was informed that the next step would be an in-person interview and I would be given more info once it was available.
    At this time, I was offered a job by another firm. I was equally keen on KPMG and wanted to know if I'd made it to the next round. HR wasn't sure. Could not tell me. Said they'd let me know in due course.
    Luckily I had the foresight to move on as I never heard back from anyone again, after all those interviews! Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions specific to your area of focus. Mine were all IT-related.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Submitted resume through OCR. First round was an on campus interview with an alum, all behavioral questions. The second round took place a week later on site. I interviewed with 3 people within the group, had lunch with the team and other interviewees. Decision was made later within the same day.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question

Associate Director Account Management Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview process consisted of several phone interviews and 2 separate onsite interviews both consisting of back to back meetings with 3-4 interviewers (Partners, Hiring Manager, Colleagues). The interviews all went very well. Feedback/chemistry was very positive but I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all pretty straightforward regarding my background and thoughts on how I'd manage the role.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Questions
    • Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

IT Attestation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

it was campus recruiting. Had phone interview instead of campus meeting, because the director was in Miami. Basic behavior question for the first interview. Then they provided office visit opportunity. I had three 30-minute interviews with a manager, a director and a partner. The interviews were mainly chatting.

Tax Senior Associate' Interview

The hiring is normally done through the on campus recruiting and the multiple rounds of interviews after that. You will meet with partners and managers. Once hired, great training sessions follow.