KPMG US Interview Questions

2.9

Analyst, Regulatory Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter towards the end of March 2014. She subsequently forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager; I talked to this manager about what the position entailed, she seemed very enthused to speak with me. The following week I was scheduled to speak with a Directer, this conversation was the longest of them all, but pleasant nonetheless. After the 3 telephone conversions, I was asked to interview in person with a second Director. The following week I was informed by the recruiter that the interview went well, and that I should just wait to be informed of the next steps in the hiring process. It has now been 4 weeks since the interview and I have yet to get a response about the progress of my interview. All in all, it was a favorable experience apart from the fact that I was not notified of whether or not my candidacy was still being pursued.

EVS Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

Networking night where we met two associates in the EVS practice, both in transfer pricing. This was followed by an on-campus interview, mainly behavioral, a little technical. This was followed by a second round (final) with 3 other candidates. A night of networking on Thursday was followed by an interview Friday morning. This was with 4 new people, 2 managers, 2 associates. There was also a job shadow for half an hour during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describing valuation ar arms length (transfer pricing)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

I had a wonderful experience recruiting with KPMG. Wonderful people and great events. Took the time to get to know me unlike the other big four firms. First I had on campus interview, which we had a pre-interview dinner. I made it to the next round which is the office visit. In between the first interview and office visit there were several events, as well as individual events with a KPMG professional.

Audit Intern Interview

Applied on school career site and had an on-campus interview and then had an office interview with multiple people. Process took around 2 weeks. Common behavioral questions like why audit, why kpmg, name a challenging situation, etc.

Audit Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter and emailed her the resume. She contacted me back with an open position and I got a phone interview. It was mainly brief questions about my resume and after that they wanted to see me in their office. At the office visit, they were asking me more about how I will handle certain situations.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

My first interview was an on campus interview. That week they called to tell me that they wanted me to go to their office. I interacted with the staff through social events and everyone was really nice. On the day of the office visit I had two "interviews" which were more of casual conversation with the managers. Afterwards, there was a panel where you could ask them questions, and then they treat me to lunch.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

scheduled through an internal recruiter. 6 one on one interviews. basic questions about prior work experience, goals, and why searching for a new job. variety of personalities. fast paced interviews. Partners more relaxed, senior managers like to grill you.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Initial communication was from an HR related person, i assume, who never really indicated who he was. He asked me directly what my current salary was which I did not expect, that was our first interaction.
    The interview was fun and informative; we did a working session with the team. I attribute the pleasantry of this interview to the nature of the people in their design team. They had me sketch up an idea for a promotion for a charity run/walk. As a UX designer, i was confused as to why they were interested in the final look rather than the discovery and analysis of it.

The HR guy then asked me to complete another exercise which he sent through email. I was given essentially two days time to develop an entire web experience in both photoshop and html/css. Again as a UX designer I was curious why they were more concerned about the final product instead of practices to clarify the situation. I also currently have a full time job and it was hard to complete this exercise in the allotted time.
    When i tried contacting them for clarifications on the directions, which only requested a .PSD file, i was not given any clarification on the exercise and told to also submit the html and css files along.

In the end I handed in a completed PSD 2 page mock and a full html and half the css, I could not afford to spend more than 16 hours on a project I was not going to get reimbursed for. When I asked for more info on the job, they just said " did you finish yet."

Overall this was a very disappointing interview, and I have been through many great interviews while still not landing the jobs.

Senior Management Consult Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

Phone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offerPhone interview, on site interview, offer