KPMG US Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,298 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Senior Associate Interview

It was what I expected. They came on campus for a first round. Then the second round was held in the office. Soon after, the they called to give an offer and I was able to start with the next start class.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation working on a team.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interviewed at college career center, very basic conversational questions.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Be honest, listen intently and ask good questions

Interview Questions
    • Had to do with an ethical situation and how you respond   Answer Question
    Pretty cut and dry -

Administrative Assistant Interview

First contacted by phone to review my resume, then one week later - contacted by internal recruiter who set up a series of 3 interviews with directors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Standard interview questions and why you are the right canditate.   Answer Question

Federal Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

It was an on campus recruitment interview. The guy was extremely rude and unprofessional. I answered all of his questions the best despite the man being so awful.

Procurement Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

1. phone interview with local HR; 2. first round with a manager in the service line; 3. on-site interview

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2010.

After preliminary certification through my school's career office, I was able to submit my resume, references, and an unofficial copy of my transcript through KMPG's website. Probably due to my G.P.A. alone [3.7+ at that time], I landed a first round interview.

Interview Questions
    • As my interview stayed avoided unduly technical questions, there weren't any questions that we difficult, per se; however, he did ask me one question so odd that it caught me off guard: "From your work experience, what's the greatest compliment you've received?" Though I froze up at the time, in retrospect, I probably could have salvaged the moment by responding with a comment or phrase from my previous employer's letter of recommendation.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interviewed on campus, was invited to the inside look program in Houston. Flew down the day of and it started with a meet and greet reception the first night. Next day was spent at the office and every candidate had 2 interviews. Went out to lunch afterwards and then to the airport to go home

Interview Questions
    • If I was to talk to your friends and co-workers, what would they say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Regulatory Risk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

I was contacted by an HR representative who scheduled me for two separate phone interviews. The first one was with a Director of Advisory. This interview was pretty straight forward and he asked questions about my resume (no behavioral questions were asked). The second one was with a Manager. The second interview only lasted 20 minutes, and she didn't ask me any questions. She introduced KPMG and their business and asked if I had any questions. The last interview was an in person interview with another Director at a restaurant. This was mostly conversational. We talked about the business, and KPMG in broad terms. We also went off topic several times, and talked about the Blue Angels Flight team and other military flight demonstration teams. All in all a very easy process, however be prepared to be stressed out over the long wait times in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • None that come to mind. Question were mainly based off of my resume and work experience.   View Answer
    No negotiations. They very truthful in saying it was hard to match a certain salary expectation.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

One on one interview, very laid back and low key.