KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – 45 minute phone interview with a director. Got approved to fly out to the office. For 2 30 minute interviews with directors followed by a lunch with some senior associates. Interview was mostly behavioral based. I ended up asking more questions about themselves the firm and the job than they actually asked me.

Interview Question – Summarize yourself in 2 minutes   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2011.

Interview Details – 2 weeks of emails, phone interview and panel interview

Interview Question – Most challenging tax topic encountered   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail. I was applied for a different position what the hiring manager had. That position salary offer was very low. She interview me for the higher position and she sent my resume to the other manager. Couple of days later I got a message from the system, that they were not going further with me. I'm not sure my resume was sent it to the other manager, or I was just rejected by the system.

Interview Question – Questions were about my resume (what I do, why I left this and this position, why I'm looking for)   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Applied on campus

Interview Question – Nothing special, no behavioral questions. I walked through resume and answered followed up questions: how i did it, what was the difficulty, what was the result..   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Leadership Program
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Pretty laid back interview. They just want to know what type of person your.

Interview Question – Biggest challenge you every faced?   Answer Question

Externship Interview

Externship
College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – After being selected to interview in September I was invited to a Pre-interview night and treated really well. I got the opportunity to network with other KPMG professionals and learn more about the people and company. 2 months after my interview I got a phone call telling me that I would not get an acceptance or rejection until after spring recruitment was finished, but Hey at least I was invited to go to the KPMG offices in McLean, VA for a visit. After 6 months (I heard back finally in late March) I received an electronic email rejecting me. I asked for feedback and received no answer. Since then I have been ignored by KPMG recruiting.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – all basic behavior questions, there are nothing unexpected. I had two rounds total, one on campus, and another on site. Just be prepared before the interviews.

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I have worked with KPMG India for 13 years and left when I was an AD. I was relocating to the US and enquired about positions available. I always knew that KPMG (and actually every Big 4) is not truly 'global' and they share little besides the brand name but I was very surprised to find that the US team (at the the guy I had a chat with) is pretty screwed. Though I cannot generalize, i was very surprised that they could have someone with such lack of professionalism as an MD (equates to AD level in India firm).
The interviewer did not ask a single question except 'take me through my resume' and after a 5-7 minute monologue from me had just this to say - 'we in the US do much better work than in the US' which i know is not true.
I saw prejudice and arrogance which was unexpected from a person the level of an MF.

Interview Question – No question - the decision was taken already prejudiced by sheer arrogance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the following situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A