KPMG US

Updated Jan 29, 2015
1,471 Interview Reviews

2.8

Audit Associate Interview

The interview process lasts about 1.5 months. There are two rounds. The first round is on campus interview, and the second round is on site interview. Before the interview, there is a social night, that interviewers, greeters, and interviewees are all coming to network. The interview is behavioral and conversational. No surprising questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Second round was an office visit where I interviewed with 3 people that were a mix of audit and tax. The remainder of the visit consisted of a presentation, office tour, and lunch.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through both business school's career site and KPMG link, and I got invitation for the first round campus interview by the end of its deadline. I scheduled to be the first one, and arrived on time. Socialized with the two Grader while waiting to be interviewed. A senior manager interviewed me and he was very nice to walk me through his experience and team culture. It was more of conversation than interview. The questions are: 1 Tell me about yourself. 2 Couple questions to check and evaluate my experience in resume. It is a good experience. And I am still preparing the second round on-site.

Interview Questions
    • What tax research you have done before at your previous job?   Answer Question
    Know your career path or make it clear along the way and then pursue it.

Associate Interview

1. On campus info session. Connected with current employers.
    2. Invited to interview social at a local bar. They say it's optional, but it's a must to be considered.
    3. 1st round on campus interview. Went through resume and one case question.
    4. 2nd round in office interview. Entirely behavioral interviews and a presentation.
    5. Invited to interview social at local bar.

Campus requiter was very friendly and responsive.

Interview Questions
    • Apparently they weren't supposed to ask case questions, but one of them was "How would you go about doing a mass deployment of Office 365?"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I got this interview from a career fair. A senior manager interviewed me. The process was enjoyable. She shared her experience with me first and asked me to tell her about myself. It is important to remember the resume well because my interviewer asked me some questions on it. Moreover, she asked me some questions about teamwork and leadership. All the questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult thing you ever faced.   Answer Question

Winter Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through my school's homepage. After a week, I got a on-campus interview. I also participated in pre-interview reception. There were mostly alumni of my school in the pre-interview reception. I guess the reception is also a sort of interviews. On campus interview, there was a manager, she was very nice. Overall, regardless of the result, I had a great experience with KPMG.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Went through campus recruiting and got accepted to interview on campus. Very simple. There was a pre-interview reception with a lot of employees and recruits. This was a good way to meet the young professionals and partners. Before the interview they had interviewees decorate pumpkins. Do whatever activity they have waiting for you.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me about something. Interviewers husband was interested in buying puts/calls on Apple stock, what should he do?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round interview was very friendly and relaxed. Didn't ask anything unexpected. They really wanted to know why I was going into tax, what I was passionate about, and how well I had thought through the public accounting profession. The interviewer was excellent and led the conversation well. I was impressed with her. I could tell she was looking to determine not what I knew about tax, but more about how intelligent of a person I was overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I joined KPMG as an experienced professional. My interview process was unusual and didn't follow usual interview procedures. I showed interest in joining the Big 4 and KPMG showed interest back. I went to lunch (wearing jeans) on a Friday with a partner, director and a manager, then a few days later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was mostly conversation with a discussion of why I wanted to join KPMG - which was the standard name, prestige, etc.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I came in at a higher salary than other experienced associates. But this hurt me in the long run as I didn't get a raise for another year and a half.

Economics Valuation Services - Transfer Pricing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Was selected for an on campus interview. The interviewer came in late, so I could tell he was trying to speed up the process. The Interview questions were not as behavioral as I expected, but instead asked for my knowledge in transfer pricing and my background in accounting. As for transfer pricing, I was able to answer to a certain extent since I prepared, but after that, asking for my knowledge in accounting was quite unexpected. My transcript and resume (submitted previously) indicates that I have very little accounting/finance background, so I was set off guard. Other than those, it was pretty straight forward, asking me to introduce myself, and a random math question (what is 21*19?)

Interview Questions
    • How do you know the price for a blouse in Banana Republic down the street is "fair"?   Answer Question