KPMG US Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.8

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through both school website and official website. Interviewed on campus one week after. Interviewed by a manager. Pretty casual conversation, generally run through the resume. Be sure to prepare good questions to ask the interviewer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through on-campus recruitment.

I went to the career fair and got invitation for first round bs interview. I had a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. The interviewer is friendly and basically ask about the resume and ask which part of auditing you are interested in.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two round interviews. First one with audit manager. Not very hard but depends on whether the manager likes you or not. We shared common hobbies so I passed the first round. Second round is with two partners. They mainly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why auditing? Why KPMG?
      What is the most difficult time in your life?

Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed at college career center, very basic conversational questions.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I did a lot of on campus networking, or went to networking events through on campus organizations. First round interviews are done on campus. My interview was very relaxed because I happened to know the interviewer. For these particular interviews, it helps to know the interviewer or at least get a sense of their personality. That way you can try to connect and have a more casual conversation where they essentially forget to ask behavioral questions. You have to remember they are trying to get an honest perception of you to see if you fit the firm and if they would be able to work with someone like you for a whole day. You may or may not be invited to second rounds that are held in the actual office.

Interview Questions

• Just remember that anything on your resume is fair game. So try to have a story/experience for everything on there and a lesson you got from it. Do not try to "fluff" or exaggerate on your resume too much because you can potentially get called out for it!   Answer Question

I had to go back and forth between coasts to get to different summer leadership programs, so I had to be selective and choose only a few to attend. Also had an internship so I could not take so many days off if I attended all SLP's

Information Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume through college website. They responded in after about a week.

The recruiter arranged for a 30-minute on-campus interview. The recruiter asked basic behavioral questions with focus on team experience.

The next and final interview was the in-house interview. They had arranged for an advisory panel with partners sharing their experience and expertise followed by a dinner with managers. Next day had a breakfast along with introduction session followed by 2 behavioral interviews and a very easy team building exercise. The day ended with a lunch with new KPMG associates.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. All the interview were basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Full Time Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my school and interviewed on campus. The interview was rather easy, no difficult questions. The interviewer asked me to give a self introduction and then he asked some questions about school projects, leadership style, etc. Nothing too difficult. He was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• If given the same situation again, how would your leadership style be different?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

Typical campus interview process. Applied through our campus career website and scheduled for an interview. The whole process was as expected. Questions weren't too difficult, I advise everyone to check different career-related websites. Some of the questions I can remember are: "Tell me about yourself" "Why KPMG?" "Why this office?" "Why this service line?"

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Behavioral questions for the most part. People interviewing you want to make sure you are detail oriented, a hard worker and will be a great person to work with. Given than projects can last for many months and you will be working with the same team for long hours, people want to know you can be a team player and get along well with others.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions for this level position. Be ready to have good examples of interesting projects you worked in the past and examples of when you showed initiative and leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for a sign in bonus, received a reasonable amount.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

interviewed with 6 managers, not many technical questions. Had good time chatting with those managers, made me feel I will be selected at the end. Good I was not selected, bc I don't like the fake nice atmosphere. questions like tell me about yourself? why you want to work here? why we want to choose you ?