KPMG US

Very Easy Interview

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Interviewed at college career center, very basic conversational questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I did a lot of on campus networking, or went to networking events through on campus organizations. First round interviews are done on campus. My interview was very relaxed because I happened to know the interviewer. For these particular interviews, it helps to know the interviewer or at least get a sense of their personality. That way you can try to connect and have a more casual conversation where they essentially forget to ask behavioral questions. You have to remember they are trying to get an honest perception of you to see if you fit the firm and if they would be able to work with someone like you for a whole day. You may or may not be invited to second rounds that are held in the actual office.

Interview Question – Just remember that anything on your resume is fair game. So try to have a story/experience for everything on there and a lesson you got from it. Do not try to "fluff" or exaggerate on your resume too much because you can potentially get called out for it!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to go back and forth between coasts to get to different summer leadership programs, so I had to be selective and choose only a few to attend. Also had an internship so I could not take so many days off if I attended all SLP's

KPMG Discover Interview

KPMG Discover
Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Very laid back and friendly people. The interview was literally the interviewer going through my resume and asking me to explain everything to him.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Information Protection Associate Interview

Information Protection Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through college website. They responded in after about a week.

The recruiter arranged for a 30-minute on-campus interview. The recruiter asked basic behavioral questions with focus on team experience.

The next and final interview was the in-house interview. They had arranged for an advisory panel with partners sharing their experience and expertise followed by a dinner with managers. Next day had a breakfast along with introduction session followed by 2 behavioral interviews and a very easy team building exercise. The day ended with a lunch with new KPMG associates.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all. All the interview were basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Conference Interview

Summer Leadership Conference
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was on campus interview for their summer leadership conference. Mostly conversational / behavioral questions. Ask questions like why audit, why accounting, what is your favorite class? Behavioral questions like name a time where showed leadership, experienced a difficult co-worker/ person in group.

Interview Question – Name a time when you didn't take a leadership role and took on a more "back seat" role to a situation.   Answer Question

Full Time Tax Associate Interview

Full Time Tax Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my school and interviewed on campus. The interview was rather easy, no difficult questions. The interviewer asked me to give a self introduction and then he asked some questions about school projects, leadership style, etc. Nothing too difficult. He was very easy to talk to.

Interview Question – If given the same situation again, how would your leadership style be different?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Typical campus interview process. Applied through our campus career website and scheduled for an interview. The whole process was as expected. Questions weren't too difficult, I advise everyone to check different career-related websites. Some of the questions I can remember are: "Tell me about yourself" "Why KPMG?" "Why this office?" "Why this service line?"

Interview Question – No technical, all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions for the most part. People interviewing you want to make sure you are detail oriented, a hard worker and will be a great person to work with. Given than projects can last for many months and you will be working with the same team for long hours, people want to know you can be a team player and get along well with others.

Interview Question – No technical questions for this level position. Be ready to have good examples of interesting projects you worked in the past and examples of when you showed initiative and leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for a sign in bonus, received a reasonable amount.

Associate Interview

Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – interviewed with 6 managers, not many technical questions. Had good time chatting with those managers, made me feel I will be selected at the end. Good I was not selected, bc I don't like the fake nice atmosphere. questions like tell me about yourself? why you want to work here? why we want to choose you ?

Interview Question – not many technical questions   Answer Question

State and Local Tax Intern Interview

State and Local Tax Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview - Most of the time, professionals from KPMG are pretty much laid back compared to other Big 4 companies. When she called me in for the interview, she greeted me with a big smile and walked into the room with me while making a small talk.

Interview Question – Most of the questions asked were really not traditional behavior questions at all. I didn't even do the "tell me about yourself" and jumped right into personal level questions like what are my hobbies and so on.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!