KPMG US

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Typical of all large firms and big 4

Interview Question – Most questions are along the same line of experience and motivation.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Phone interview with in house recruiter, phone interview with a manager at KPMG, then in person interview with 4 individuals. One interview was a technical interview with an MIT graduate that was very intense.

Interview Question – The technical interview was very hard. The interviewer had me walk him through several recent cases and the damage analysis that I performed. He continually cut me off when trying to elaborate and seemed very dismissive.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Timing wasn't right - they offered me the job 6 months after the interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I interviewed with five people on two separate occasions. They were mainly interested in my background and most questions focused on my experience. There was very little discussion of specific clients and work tasks or who I might be working for. While the interviews were not perfunctory, neither did it seem as if they were very concerned, as if they were going through the motions.

Interview Question – The interviews did not contain any difficult questions. They were very poultice, short conversations.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – 1 phone screen, 3 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews

Interview Question – Questions regarding industry trends.   View Answer

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Highly-organized scheduling, competent Talent Manager and Hiring Manager - probably one of the best interviews I've been to.

Interview Question – Cite a situation which required you to turnaround a popular decision. How did you manage it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Timing issue

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Most interviews I've ever gone through in my life. Some fairly technical questions that were project specific. They were very interested in my customer service skills almost as much at my experience in my field of expertise.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. I was well prepared as it was right in my current line of work but in many ways easier that what I was already doing. The biggest surprise was the number of people in the group interview, quite a few.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their initial offer was low so I didn't accept. They came back with a counter but it wasn't enough either. I was in negotiations with another company that in retrospect I should have went with but didn't at the time as it was more travel than I wanted. I told them to match that offer and I'd accept. They matched the offer and I was brought on board.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application on line. A week later, a KPMG recruiter contacted me. Here are the interviews and time line.

1. phone call with recruiter
2. phone call with director
3. on-site with two associate directors
4. phone call with another director
5. phone call with principal
6. phone call with partner

Whole process took a bit longer than expected due to finding the right time to talk to the partner. The recruiter was very attentive. Though there was a bit of miscommunication between the partner and the recruiter. Eventually that was sorted out and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with a different start date and higher compensation.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2009.

Interview Details – My initial communication with company was via telephone call after they obtained my resume through careerbuilder or monster website. It took them approximately two weeks before an interview was scheduled after initial contact. They scheduled me to meet with two people per hour for three sessions on the same day.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions addressed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $5,000 more than their offer.

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Four person interview, very relaxed and asked standard interview questions

Interview Question – no hard questions, just need to be honest. If you can not answer the question just state that, they will see through you if you make up answers due to pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, got more than I asked for.

Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2011.

Interview Details – the interview process was totally resume based and just need to be confident in the resume. Not a big task to get through

Interview Question – Resume based hence was not difficult   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!