KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications Interview

Senior Associate - Corporate Communications
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I send in my application and after about a month I was contacted for an intial phone interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I was called in for an interview with top members of the management team in the following week and two weeks later I got the results. The process was very efficient. I am not sure if they really wanted to hire. Managers made comments such as, "We want to see what is out there in the market".

Interview Question – Did you rely on PR for stories as a journalist?   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was from an HR related person, i assume, who never really indicated who he was. He asked me directly what my current salary was which I did not expect, that was our first interaction.
The interview was fun and informative; we did a working session with the team. I attribute the pleasantry of this interview to the nature of the people in their design team. They had me sketch up an idea for a promotion for a charity run/walk. As a UX designer, i was confused as to why they were interested in the final look rather than the discovery and analysis of it.

The HR guy then asked me to complete another exercise which he sent through email. I was given essentially two days time to develop an entire web experience in both photoshop and html/css. Again as a UX designer I was curious why they were more concerned about the final product instead of practices to clarify the situation. I also currently have a full time job and it was hard to complete this exercise in the allotted time.
When i tried contacting them for clarifications on the directions, which only requested a .PSD file, i was not given any clarification on the exercise and told to also submit the html and css files along.

In the end I handed in a completed PSD 2 page mock and a full html and half the css, I could not afford to spend more than 16 hours on a project I was not going to get reimbursed for. When I asked for more info on the job, they just said " did you finish yet."

Overall this was a very disappointing interview, and I have been through many great interviews while still not landing the jobs.

Interview Question – "Build this website for us now"   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was an internal hire

Negotiation Details – Useless. They added repsonsibility but declined my request for increased compensation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent recruitment process. KPMG made a prompt decision and took care of relocation.

Interview Question – How will you go about reorganizing the team that you may inherit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was managed by a very senior audit partner who put in atypical elements into the negotiation. The HR Recruiter was very good at counter balancing what would have otherwise felt like a transactional negotiation.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from recruiter and then from the manager. This was my first interview They were both very polite. The manager asked questions regarding my work experience. These questions were from the most frequent 21 questions asked at a big 4 interview. You can google to find these questions.

Interview Question – As far as i remember it was about forecasting   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Montvale, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – The initial contact was through a hiring agency. KPMG was looking for a Senior PM with in-depth knowledge of data warehouses, both from a business and a technical perspective, for a program proposed by the firm's CIO.

I interviewed with three people at their office in Montvale, NJ, each of whom would have been a peer in the organization. Each person was quite frank about the fact that the effort was in its embryonic stages and would need someone who could not only manage projects, but also run discovery sessions and do presentations to gather requirements for one or more pilot efforts.

Their feedback to the program manager must have been positive, as I was called back in to meet with him a few days later. The gist of that conversation was that he was more interested in what kind of project governance he could expect from me rather than how I could help generate interest among the partners for the endeavor.

After waiting almost two weeks, I was informed by the hiring agency that the PgM had hired someone else through a different agency.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. What WAS unexpected was the disconnect between the PgM and his reports over the requirements for the position.   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Development Manager
Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone, 4 in person, final with Executive Director. They were rather transparent of the changes in IT, with attrition, layoffs, etc. New management at the firm were trying to address issues in moral, etc. Take away was this is a large organization undergoing change but with any org this size, change will not come easy.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered by other firms.

Senior Representative Interview

Senior Representative
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2009.

Interview Details – I felt that the process was very smooth except that recruiters were very difficult to get in touch with and did not respond timely to questions.

Interview Question – In most interviews I was on, I felt that they asked a lot of role playing questions. These were sometimes difficult to answer honestly because they are fake scenarios.   Answer Question

Associate Learning Interview

Associate Learning
Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was bought back from an earlier interview to meet with this new department. It wasnt the most challenging interview. I thought the questions were expected and that the Director and Managers were very friendly. Initial phone interview, in person interview. The most frustrating things about interviewing at KPMG is lack of HR follow up, and when you enter the building theres no front desk assistant you stand there confused until one of the friendly employees explain to you that you need to pick up a phone and call your contact. Ridiculous.

Interview Question – How would you manager an important client without direction?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
Montvale, NJ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter and asked to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen consisted on some basic OOPs and SQL concepts. The recruiter set up a technical 1:1 phone interview. Was contacted a week later saying that they wanted me to come by their Montvale, NJ office for two 1:3 panel interviews. The first interview was okay with some basic and some advanced ASP.NET and SQL Server and general Computer Science questions. The second interview was much more technically challenging. The questions ranged from general Computer Science concepts to very specific ASP.NET architecture.

I knew from the second interview that I had slim chances of getting through. Was told a couple of weeks later by the recruiter (by phone) that they're going with some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of your ASP.NET application? Why is a DAL required?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between stack and heap? What if I initialize an object within the scope of a function?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US interview questions and advice in Montvale, NJ. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.