KPMG US Interview Questions in Moscow, Russia

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Valuation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in July 2012.

1. Phone theoretical questions
    2. 2 online SHL tests
    3. 4 CFA level 1 assignments at the office, essay
    4. Interview with the HR
    5. Interview with a partner

Interview Questions
    • They expect that this is the only job position you are looking for in the market. Also they ask if you have tried the same position in some other big 4 company.   Answer Question

Assurance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

I was approached by the international recruiter from Manchester, who proposed to me two options in Moscow. He submitted my application form on the websites and organised all the interviews.At first I had an initial interview with HR and then two with senior managers and the final one with the partner.

Interview Questions
    • Lease accounting on the final interview   View Answer
    I've got an offer with the annual salary and relocation package, the salary was higher than I expected

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2012.

Most of the interviews in the Audit 4 are the same- first you should take several tests for mathematical and logic skills,then you will be interviewed by HR manager,who will ask some personal questions,which are focused on testing your communication skills,then you shpold pass one or a few interviews with managers of your potential department

Interview Questions
    • One of the most unexpected questions was "did you take our proficiency test personally? Because the one you took at home is significantly different from the one you took at the office" I had no worries,because I took both of the all by myself,and an HR manager won't even tell you,which one us better. I suppose they are just checking for your reaction, but that one question was really unexpected.   Answer Question

I was not prepared to spent so much time at work while I was studying. The expectations was a bit higher,then they were in reality and I was a bit disappointed with my future responsibilities.

M&A Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

I had interview with HR. First, there were technical questions : valuation methods and how to provide valuation using these methods. Other questiions were associated with motivation : why KPMG; why M&A in KPMG, but not investment banks; my achievements; my weaknesses and strengths. As I applied for intern position and my education was not financial, there were questions why I want to make finance career.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Rather easy to get throug HR interview after a couple of IB interviews and some knowledge of accounting. Althoug, you should certainly posess some of the key competences. Be honest and self - confident.

Interview Questions
    • What standards do Russian banks use while composing accounting reports?   View Answer
    • How ti calculate NPV?   View Answer
    Evaluate all the pros and cons of the offer especially future career prospects.

Intern M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

1) on-line Numerical test, Verbal test
    2) writing Essay, Valuation Test
    3) Interview With HR
    4) Interview with Management (may take several interviews)

1) Standart tests. Numerical was challenging.

2) Writing Essay in English (approx 30 min). Subject can vary from "whom do you want to be" to "what did you do on your summer vacation". Result depends on your grammar and your essay structure.
    Valuation Test (9 questions, approx 40 mins, multiple choice)

3) Standart HR questions about motivation.

4) Both for motivation and professional knowledge

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Interview process for Intern position in audit department is quite simple and straightforward. You need to be prepared for standard fit questions in the first round interview with HR and simple accounting questions in the second (with department representative). There is a huge need in additional hands during busy season and general requirements are not strong enough thus you have to be hired if you really want to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell the name of some accounts in Russian Accounting Standards   Answer Question

Entry-level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

quite simple proccess:
    The 1st day: skills test (math in Russian) + essay in English (general topics)
    The 2nd day: interview with HR representative

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2010.

Lots of contact by telephone and email. After passing the initial screening, completed online exams. Afterwards was invited for an interview, first with HR, afterwards was invited for a second interview with the managers and partners. Overall impression of the company was very nice, all of the managers I spoke with were very friendly and had lots of positive things to say about the company. The interview with the partner wasn't nearly as pleasant and eventually I was glad I didn't get an offer because I don't think I would have accepted it—lots of overtime for a very low salary. However, it was a good experience and the company has lots of friendly faces that would make working here pleasant.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2009.

1. APPLICATION FORM (containing the three short (100 words maximum) questions that you need to answer)
    2. TESTS (numeracy, verbal, English)
    3. FIRST ROUND INTERVIEW (with an HR worker - competency based)
    4. PARTNER INTERVIEW (or manager) + GROUP EXERCISE

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you to the position you have applied for?   View Answer

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!