KPMG US Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

I had a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service after the resume screening.

Interview Questions
    • The senior manager didn't ask me any questions, but she said that her team prefer to work with someone who doesn't have experience.   Answer Question

Contract Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

Be prepared to shine and work well with others during teaming activities!

N/A

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

I applied to KPMG initially in October of 2011 through my school career fair. However I did not hear back from them. I applied again in winter after another career fair at my school. This time, the recruiter that I met at the fair called me to schedule my interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and it was the same recruiter interviewing me. I felt very much at ease. She asked me a lot of follow up questions, maybe because I was not following the STAR technique properly. I left the interview feeling good about it. She told me I can follow up by Wednesday of the following week. By Tuesday, however, I had received a rejection email. I emailed the recruiter back thanking her for the opportunity and if she could give me some feedback. She said she was unable to do that but I should definitely apply again.

I will do just that come next recruiting cycle. Overall it was a good experience. the recruiter was very pleasanton. She put me at ease right away.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

It was a whole day event, from 8am to 5pm. It started with breakfast and time to spend with several staff and one partner. They prepared a presentation on KPMG. Later we had group activities where we played "audit procedure" and "inventory audit", interviewed with a manager and a partner. Tour of the office. Another presentation, then dinner.

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

The first interview was on-campus and was with a partner or manager from the firm. They responded the next week with an offer to join them for a second round interview called the "inside look" program. That program was about 1 and 1/2 days. They completely accommodate you with transportation and hotel, and dinner the first night is a big social with partners and other candidates at the hotel. The next day consisted of two interviews, team building activities, lunch, and presentations.

Interview Questions
    No, negotiating phase. They'll make you an offer if they really want you the night after your interview!

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2010.

It was an on-campus interview which i applied through the school website. Since this was the first round so they just ask pretty basic behavioral questions like' tell me your weakness and strength', 'why choose KPMG', There was a social night the day before the actual interview and i would suggest to go if you have time. This is a better way to get chance to talk to the interviewer so they will have better idea who you are during the interview.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2009.

Through my university I basically started creating relationships with the firm. Then, as I got to know the firm and the firm's recruiter better, I got signed up for an on-campus interview. Since that initial interview went well, the firm decided to fly me out to the actual office for my second round interview. Everything went smooth from start to finish. It's all about building relationships. And interviewing is quite simply all about being yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What experiences do you have that could help make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2010.

I began interviewing with the firm through campus recruiting. Since I'm recruiting for a winter internship, the recruiting process stretched out over a period of four months. All the professionals from KPMG I have met are exceptionally friendly, and I have been through a total of 4 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to work with a difficult relationship on a team.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2008.

Went in for 45 minute individual interviews with all managment (4 people) in the department. Sent in my resume after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation you've overcome.   View Answer
    • Give an example of strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!