KPMG US Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

Accepted to the Discovery Leadership Program. On-Campus interview. It wasn't bad at all. Interviewed 1:1 with 2 Senior Managers. One was a conversation and the other was technical. The conversation consisted of speaking about myself and learning more about what he does. The technical interview consisted of asking questions about the statements, excel, and a straightforward brainteaser. Overall, not bad. The main advice is to be yourself and show your personality.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you the 3 financials and an M&A deal was recently executed, tell me how this would affect the statements.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made an impact in an organization.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out. We talked within the week and shortly after filling out KPMG's online app, I received an automated email about how they are no longer considering me as a candidate. I wish this was the end of my experience but weeks later, the recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview with someone from the team. I was told to ignore the rejection email. After coordinating a date and time in the interviewer's mornings-only schedule, I was sent a confirmation email for the phone interview. Aside from never receiving a call from the interviewer on that date, there was neither a notification of a cancellation/rescheduling nor any acknowledgement as to what happened. Reassessing my career goals, I decided to discontinue the process. In retrospect, it's rather eye opening. Having completed at least 100 interviews, this was indubitably the most disorganized and disappointing recruitment process I have been through. Word of advice to HR: get a little more involved.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very laid back and easy. I applied on the school website and got an interview at school. There was a dinner the night before which was fun and laid back. Then the next morning was the interview. They asked me tell me about yourself and asked what my favorite class was. In the next two days I got a phone call saying I made it to the office visits. The people were awesome and very nice. Very great experience.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Disorganized; multiple KPMG recruiters from remote locations with no ownership or real involvement; in-person interviews repetitive, grueling and meaningless; no professional etiquette; after nearly a month of interviews, I received just a "dear john" email saying "you're not a match at this time"; although I asked for feedback, the recruiter ignored requests and never got back to me; I suspect that my base salary at my current job and my minimum base were too high as I got the sense that KPMG is all about lowballing future employees and nothing about true talent and dedication.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any questions?"   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was for Enterprise Architect , my vendor submitted for this position and after couple days i have interview date and timings. I got call at the interview time and the interviewer started asking about my past experience and started asking these questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) The Projects i worked 2) Federation Indentity Software 3) Load Balancing Software 4) Enterprise Service Bus Software 5) Sever Infrastructure Setup 6) Linux Experience 7) SAML 8) Software Evaluation 9) Vendor Software Integration 10) MSMQ and MQ   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were done on campus by the Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. They had selected 17 people to interview that day at the recrurment office by then Senior Managers off the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any piece of furniture what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process started with a member of HR reaching out to me for a quick phone interview regarding my background. The process continued with a phone interview with one of the managers in the practice. Afterwards I received an invitation to meet senior members of the team for an in-person interviews. The day was full of interviews (about 7 interviews, 30 minutes each) with various ranked professionals. They were all very nice and treated me to lunch afterwards where I got to talk to analysts and senior analysts in a more relaxed setting. A few weeks later I heard back from HR regarding the group's decision on me.

Interview Questions

• How would you build or calculate a discount rate (WACC) for your model?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about valuing a company [in certain situations]?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. First one was with a recruiter over the phone. The next one was with a director and was also on the phone. The final was an in person interview with a partner. Every one I spoke with was very casual, we just had good discussions with no difficult questions at all.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One in-office interview, no phone interview. Interview was very casual. Interviewer was very respectful and showed genuine interest in my resume. The interview itself was short. The interview was more like a chat about my previous experiences and how they can apply to the position and what the position entails.There weren't any specific technical or behavioral questions.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a general screening call, followed by technical screening a few weeks later, followed by a thorough 5 hour interview with 6 people. The interview was casual with a panel of two people at a time. Low pressure conversations with very smart guys. They were very receptive to my questions. At one point I was asked to write a simple database diagram as I was asked how I would go about creating such a system, from an architectural perspective.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you use Agile process in your team.   Answer Question